What are you playing now?

Earlier:

Hubby: "Think I'm done with that."

Me: "Yeah? What now?"

Hubby: "Maybe I'll go rescue Brick."

Me: "You don't rescue him, you're impressing him so he'll...."

Hubby: "No, I'm rescuing him from the boredom of being surrounded by his pansy wussy Slabs."

Me: "...I suppose you could look at that way."

Hubby: "Don't worry, Brick, I'll save you!"

Me: "...you need help."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Earlier:

Hubby: "Think I'm done with that."

Me: "Yeah? What now?"

Hubby: "Maybe I'll go rescue Brick."

Me: "You don't rescue him, you're impressing him so he'll...."

Hubby: "No, I'm rescuing him from the boredom of being surrounded by his pansy wussy Slabs."

Me: "...I suppose you could look at that way."

Hubby: "Don't worry, Brick, I'll save you!"

Me: "...you need help."

:lol: I should get back into that with my Axton.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fallout, a game I've never finished. *shock* *horror*

Two hours in and it's already sort of gone to the hounds - at Junktown and both Killian and Gizmo are dead: the former by my hand after that jerk tried to imprison me just for not wanting to help him, and the latter through... well, I don't know, telepathic shock or something as he apparently succumbed to an assassination by nobody before I even visited his third of town. Probably the fifth or sixth time through this segment and I learn something new again.

I'm going to roll with that result - no reloads barring death - and so the upside, I'm a rich man now ....as soon as I find a vendor to dump the shop inventory to.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Heart of the Swarm. I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end, so I'll save talking about the plot arc and story again for later.

I do like the campaign. The missions are interesting, though Kerrigan being a little overpowered does take something away.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Heart of the Swarm. I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end, so I'll save talking about the plot arc and story again for later.

I do like the campaign. The missions are interesting, though Kerrigan being a little overpowered does take something away.

I didnt use Kerrigan most of the time because of this, shes very powerfull even with auto attack :/ Chain lighting with broodlings spawn is just broken.

I too liked missons generally but there are just too many "timed" missions and first 3-4 missions are lame, tutorialish missions...

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

XCOM. I wish turn-based combat wasn't so maligned by cRPG fans. Reloading every time a squaddie gets killed. I refuse to accept anything but perfection (maybe because of too much Super Robot Wars.) Loving it, anyway. Learned the hard way there's no auto-save or option to restart a scenario/stage. Well, whatever, I've got an American named Guile, a Russian named Zangief and a female sniper nicknamed "Wolf."

Also pre-loading Bioshock Infinite now. Imagine that.

• Like 1

More Arcanum. Doing stuff in Caladon, including going on a grand theft item spree for the thieves underground. I also wrapped up a crapton of unfinished quests. Thinking about kicking some party members for a couple of new ones. The thing is that Sogg was so helpful in the beginning that it feels wrong to kick him out even if he has no dialog, Sometimes I just the game on and raise the volume while I go eat just to listen to the music. I actually use the soundtrack to help me sleep some days. Can't get enough of it after all these years.

• Like 1

Just finished Ni No Kuni for the first time after 75 hours :) At Normal difficulty is the game quite challenging, which I likede a lot, with the exception of final boss battle, which was little bit pain in the ass for me , I did have little bit lower characters than recommended level, but I managed to kill the Zodiarchs after 5 attempts *cheers*

Sooner or later I will go play the post game challenge... But for now I think little bit of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 again :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

More Arcanum. Doing stuff in Caladon, including going on a grand theft item spree for the thieves underground. I also wrapped up a crapton of unfinished quests. Thinking about kicking some party members for a couple of new ones. The thing is that Sogg was so helpful in the beginning that it feels wrong to kick him out even if he has no dialog, Sometimes I just the game on and raise the volume while I go eat just to listen to the music. I actually use the soundtrack to help me sleep some days. Can't get enough of it after all these years.

I'm enjoying your updates about Arcanum. I have never played the game but it sounds fun. How long with all the side quests do you think the game will take a person to complete?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tomb Raider. I can't help but compare it to Far Cry 3, similar setting, similar story, similar weapons styles... but one thing that keeps niggling me about Tomb Raider that didn't about Far Cry is just how much of a victim Lara is. Well I suppose I shouldn't say Victim so much as "Prey".

Both games have a fairly strong Predator/Prey theme going on. FarCry is about the Prey slowly becoming the most effective Predator in the jungle. Meanwhile in Tomb Raider Lara is always the Prey to be hunted. She doesn't toughen up (as far as I am in the game anyway) and always seems to be gasping for air.

On a side note, I just had Lara climb a flippin mountain to the highest peak on the island that's covered in snow... in cargo pants and a tank top with spaghetti straps. While this wouldn't bug me in a game with a more crazy style, Tomb Raider is trying desperately for a gritty "realism" vibe to it. But instead of her shivering and turning blue (she should be hypothermic because the entire island is covered in rain and now she's in freezing temperatures) she's just kinda "Yup... I'm on a mountain now!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Tomb Raider. I can't help but compare it to Far Cry 3, similar setting, similar story, similar weapons styles... but one thing that keeps niggling me about Tomb Raider that didn't about Far Cry is just how much of a victim Lara is. Well I suppose I shouldn't say Victim so much as "Prey".

Both games have a fairly strong Predator/Prey theme going on. FarCry is about the Prey slowly becoming the most effective Predator in the jungle. Meanwhile in Tomb Raider Lara is always the Prey to be hunted. She doesn't toughen up (as far as I am in the game anyway) and always seems to be gasping for air.

On a side note, I just had Lara climb a flippin mountain to the highest peak on the island that's covered in snow... in cargo pants and a tank top with spaghetti straps. While this wouldn't bug me in a game with a more crazy style, Tomb Raider is trying desperately for a gritty "realism" vibe to it. But instead of her shivering and turning blue (she should be hypothermic because the entire island is covered in rain and now she's in freezing temperatures) she's just kinda "Yup... I'm on a mountain now!"

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/indiana-tomb-raider.php

I tried to play Death Spank's sequel (Thong of Virtue?). The games are cute and all, but for some reason I can never get past about 45 minutes in. Maybe it's too much of an overdose of constant cheesy humor and voice acting.

So I built a city and fought off wolves in Caesar 3 instead. Half tempted to buy that new Bioshock game, just to try something new, but then again, I still haven't gotten around to playing the first one. ;p

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I tried to play Death Spank's sequel (Thong of Virtue?). The games are cute and all, but for some reason I can never get past about 45 minutes in. Maybe it's too much of an overdose of constant cheesy humor and voice acting.

So I built a city and fought off wolves in Caesar 3 instead. Half tempted to buy that new Bioshock game, just to try something new, but then again, I still haven't gotten around to playing the first one. ;p

You want the first one? The first Steam preorder bonus for Infinite is a free copy of Bioshock, which I already have, so I have one to gift.

I'm enjoying your updates about Arcanum. I have never played the game but it sounds fun. How long with all the side quests do you think the game will take a person to complete?

It'll probably take me 60 hours or more to do everything. The game can be completed much faster, but I intend to complete every single quest in my journal and follow every single rumor in my journal. I must say that despite having played the game 3 or 4 times before this, I have never actually beaten it before and I have never played the events after Quintarra. So most things from now on are new to me too.

I love Deathspank.

But it is all about the humour. If that isn't your thing, then the games are tottally skipworthy.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The moment you've all been waiting for, Tale's final comments on the Heart of the Swarm story.

I appreciate the story they were trying to tell, Kerrigan goes from obsessed with revenge to seeing her greater purpose of defeating Amon, I just don't know how or when it happened. Did she actually change or grow at all? The only reason she stops wanting revenge is that she gets it.

For a game that is ostensibly about Kerrigan herself, it doesn't do a lot of exploration of the character. At the beginning of the game, she loves Jim and hates Mengsk. She's ruthless, yet occasionally willing to spare innocents if someone begs her. That seems to be the entire character at both the beginning and end of the game. Which is less of a character arc and more of a plateau. There's just no reaction to what's happening, or what has already happened.

Also, what the heck is up with the Tal'darim? If they work for Dr. Narud, why did Raynor have to steal the artifacts from them for him?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Started playing Resident Evil 6, and despite it flaws, I'm a forgiving man so I keep playing and actually enjoy it more than RE5. Then I quit the game, later want to resume, and find out this stupid game is actually not saving most of my checkpoints.

I'm not happy about this.

Is Jill Valentine playable in this?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Slowly getting into Storm of Zehir. The dialog and voice-acting is so bad that...

BUT the mechanical improvements and some of the gameplay ideas seem really interesting. Full party creation, getting to see the "end" of your game at any point, full-party dialog, the overworld map with avoidable random encounters, etc.

I'm gonna give it a proper shot, but I do not feel one bit guilty for letting a sigh of relief after reading that the lead writer Annie VanderMeer is not doing any writing anymore, at least for Obsidian

Started playing Resident Evil 6, and despite it flaws, I'm a forgiving man so I keep playing and actually enjoy it more than RE5. Then I quit the game, later want to resume, and find out this stupid game is actually not saving most of my checkpoints.

I'm not happy about this.

Is Jill Valentine playable in this?

No, but it has 3 other female playable characters if that's what you want to know. :brows:

I have to admit, there is a slight touch of humour to a few points over this. The early comment about her hoping the island doesn't turn them into crazed murderers like the rest of the island, her horror over that first "kill" she makes defending herself, the "what was scary was how easy it was" conversation a little later and then she was pretty much blase over it all.

Throw in the background conversations you'd hear and how they change. The early ones all talking casually over hunting down the survivors.. and then towards the latter parts of the game you have them practically whispering to each other "she must have killed everyone at the base!" and being a touch nervous.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, but they still can't seem to get past the mewling crying bits where Lara falls, or gets punched or whatever. She seems a little... to vulnerable for the game and how they want to play it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You want the first one? The first Steam preorder bonus for Infinite is a free copy of Bioshock, which I already have, so I have one to gift.

Thanks for the offer, but I have the first one already. :) I bought them during some other Steam sale...hubby did try one of them briefly, but he didn't get far.

I love Deathspank.

But it is all about the humour. If that isn't your thing, then the games are tottally skipworthy.

It's not that it's not funny...all the silly names given to items is amusing etc. But it's akin to how I can like (utter) slapstick, but usually only in pretty small doses as part of something larger.