What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Guys I want to start playing Far Cry 3 (PC), is it better to use a Controller or Mouse and Keyboard in this game?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys I want to start playing Far Cry 3 (PC), is it better to use a Controller or Mouse and Keyboard in this game?

In almost every case mouse and keyboard are far better for FPS games than a controller.

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

In almost every case mouse and keyboard are far better for FPS games than a controller.

True, good point :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The controls were pretty sharp on the PS3 but keyboard+mouse is usually more fun when it comes to fps games. Hmmm, now I feel like playing the original F.E.A.R on hard again :)

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Breaking from DotA 2 and Path of Exile for the long awaited SC: Heart of the Swarm :) (although I am more excited about CoH 2!!! - when will you arrive)

CoH 2 is coming in June 25 :) Its official now!

Edited by cyberarmy

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Controllers are only good at one thing: melee action. Every time you have to aim at something you want a mouse. They are also responsible for the great pestilence of button mashing quicktime events which hit game development nearly a decade ago and is still going strong. 

Press 'E' repeatedly to not die... this is not gameplay, but it's more tolerable with a controller I suppose. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Controllers are only good at one thing: melee action. Every time you have to aim at something you want a mouse. They are also responsible for the great pestilence of button mashing quicktime events which hit game development nearly a decade ago and is still going strong. 

Press 'E' repeatedly to not die... this is not gameplay, but it's more tolerable with a controller I suppose. 

Controllers are also massively superior for any driving as compared to m&kb.  Driving with m&kb is awkward at best.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Valid points raised around Controller vs M&KB

I'll be using the M&KB as recommended. I have  just installed Far Cry and loaded all the necessary updates, I am excited about this game :)

John Milton 

Breaking from DotA 2 and Path of Exile for the long awaited SC: Heart of the Swarm :)

I'm hoping they don't pull a Frozen Throne this time and derail the story just so they can announce an MMO.

I felt the whole of Wings of Liberty (and thus the expansions in turn) were only meant, storywise, as world-building in anticipation of a MMO. After all, already in WoL they scaled down from the "epicness" they always seemed to aim for, to tell a much more personal story which did not call for a "And you have vanquished all your enemies. Everyone is dead Jim. But once we make a sequel we'll have to figure out how to bring people back to life." I think they are trying to make a more gradual evolution in the story towards the MMO type world with the required loads of factions, locations etc than what they did with Frozen Throne.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Breaking from DotA 2 and Path of Exile for the long awaited SC: Heart of the Swarm :)

I'm hoping they don't pull a Frozen Throne this time and derail the story just so they can announce an MMO.

I felt the whole of Wings of Liberty (and thus the expansions in turn) were only meant, storywise, as world-building in anticipation of a MMO. After all, already in WoL they scaled down from the "epicness" they always seemed to aim for, to tell a much more personal story which did not call for a "And you have vanquished all your enemies. Everyone is dead Jim. But once we make a sequel we'll have to figure out how to bring people back to life." I think they are trying to make a more gradual evolution in the story towards the MMO type world with the required loads of factions, locations etc than what they did with Frozen Throne.

These are some of the many reasons why I'm scared they are shooting for an MMO.

These are some of the many reasons why I'm scared they are shooting for an MMO.

Hmm... wouldn't a Starcraft MMO increase the chances of eventual Warcraft 4?

They'd probably want to keep both the RTS market and MMO market, not have 2 MMOs that would cause Activision to cannibalize its profits

Getting kind of bored with Dead Space 3.  At first the story was kind of cool, and the mission associated with it (ie. searching through various derelict space ships for folks) were fun.  Now it just feels like random fetch quests with shooter bits for no purpose other than to prolong the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Heart of the Swarm. Was alright, but nothing special. If you didn't like WoL, chances are you won't like this one either. For me the quality of Starcraft lies in e-sport. Watching the pros play in front of large audiences is awesome. :)

To the people worrying about a Starcraft MMO - don't. Blizzard has said their next MMO is going to be something completely new, and not related to SC/WC/Diablo.

Edited by Thingolfin

Finished Heart of the Swarm. Was alright, but nothing special. If you didn't like WoL, chances are you won't like this one either. For me the quality of Starcraft lies in e-sport. Watching the pros play in front of large audiences is awesome. :)

To the people worrying about a Starcraft MMO - don't. Blizzard has said their next MMO is going to be something completely new, and not related to SC/WC/Diablo.

Eh, I enjoyed WoL, but find that the campaign for HotS is... a bit lacking. I like the actual missions better (less "Oh noes! X is happenening so you have an artificial time limit!), but the between mission cutscenes and mechanics were... sparse. There was no jukebox, no News crew that kept you up to date on how your enemies were doing, no real between mission things to do beyond sorting out upgrades, and the odd evolution mission.

I realize that they couldn't do some of that with Kerrigan, given you're a Zerg. However I would expect them to find ways to do certain things, like allowing you to see how your enemies react to you. Although, that doesn't work as much here due to the fact that there's no singular overarching enemy that you're fighting.

There's a few other nitpicks that I'd throw out but that ventures to much into SPOILERTTTHHHHHSSSSS territory.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That's why a lot of games have a "lock-on" feature.

Anyway, TF2. They just dropped a boatload of promo items earlier, some retroactive (even one unreleased from the first item promotion, the Sam & Max promo,) and now everybody's jealous because I have Wheatley.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/f/fb/Wheatley_player_death01.wav

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/f/f0/Wheatley_player_death13.wav

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/5/5c/Wheatley_sapper_hacked20.wav

Getting kind of bored with Dead Space 3.  At first the story was kind of cool, and the mission associated with it (ie. searching through various derelict space ships for folks) were fun.  Now it just feels like random fetch quests with shooter bits for no purpose other than to prolong the game.

Stop doing side missions unless you are playing co-op. Especially late game ones are useless (no decent rewards and makes you spend everything you have) and boring.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Just finished Dead Space 3: Awakening. While fun, it's a blatant cash grab, reinserting an apparently cut ending. $10 for 90 minutes of gameplay with *one* small new area, no new weapons, armor, monsters, nothing.

Seriously, EA, this is barely worth a fiver. 

Seriously, people, you are still buying their products?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well ME and DA still come from EA, so we don't want to deny ourselves access to those games do we?

John Milton 

Well ME and DA still come from EA, so we don't want to deny ourselves access to those games do we?

Well after DA1 and ME1 I thought I will follow these series. But then even before DA2 come out I just rezisted to their awesome Origin system and will never buy anything requiring it. (too bad I kinda liked BF3). I still a little hoping for some Megabox for ME with all 3 games and all DLCs without origin and then I will consider putting money into it. Until then, they can choke on that money from DLCs

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"