What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

A contradiction of terms? =]

No. I only mention because I know it makes some cynical gamers angry throthing at the mouth. They barely make a few minutes of total gameplay put together and a few of the scenes are pretty fun to watch.

I'm pretty tempted to get the new Sim City but the horror stories I keep reading about the serverside saving of cities, and just the general crappiness of how the "always online" thing seem to be working out for a lot of people is really putting a damper on it.

Bah.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm pretty tempted to get the new Sim City but the horror stories I keep reading about the serverside saving of cities, and just the general crappiness of how the "always online" thing seem to be working out for a lot of people is really putting a damper on it.

Bah.

That and the actual size that your cities can be (small compared to previous SimCity games) has definitely kept me at bay. Oh, and the fact that EA are gonna run this game by DLC even with an initial price tag of $60.

Been playing Tomb Raider and really enjoying it. The levels are becoming more enjoyable as the story goes on. A nice genre mix of Metrovania/action adventure/very slight rpg elements, but the combat and exploration (due to atmosphere) has been good. Really enjoy collecting the collectibles only to have them provide more back story. And the game looks good as well, even though my rig isn't the beast that Bokhisi(sorry, murdering your name).

• Like 1

still enjoying sleeping dogs, went through the zodiac tournament, it was easy except the timed fight.  i had to redo it 4 times before finishing it in time.  i realized finally that it really mattered what order you attacked the enemies.

not sure why people thought you HAD to have lots of upgrades before tackling it, i only had collected 4 statues and I made it through without any real trouble

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

still enjoying sleeping dogs, went through the zodiac tournament, it was easy except the timed fight.  i had to redo it 4 times before finishing it in time.  i realized finally that it really mattered what order you attacked the enemies.

Hmm... saw Sleeping Dogs (digital edition) on sale for $10 on GG yesterday. Thought about buying it, but I couldn't work out if the DRM meant you needed an extra account somewhere for activation besides Steam activation. In the end, decided it wasn't worth the hassle trying to figure it out :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

not sure why people thought you HAD to have lots of upgrades before tackling it, i only had collected 4 statues and I made it through without any real trouble

Thats interesting, do you mean the new combat moves or the old combat moves?

I completed Zodiac without collecting any new moves but I did learn almost all the old strategies and I became very proficient in using them. I use to practice at all the street fights. You make good money by winning those  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Still having fun with Ni No Kuni. Got two of the 3 jewels. I will be going for the third today or tomorrow :)

Besides that playing Pathfinder RPG with my friends. It slowly starts to going forward and reminds more and more proper roleplay :D :D :D (still long way to go to perfection :p)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Hmm... saw Sleeping Dogs (digital edition) on sale for $10 on GG yesterday. Thought about buying it, but I couldn't work out if the DRM meant you needed an extra account somewhere for activation besides Steam activation. In the end, decided it wasn't worth the hassle trying to figure it out :(

If I remember correctly, it launches off Steam independently and doesn't have any other DRM.

Kind of hard to believe that, because even their own Square Enix Shop offers a copy for sale, which requires Steam to play...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Kind of hard to believe that, because even their own Square Enix Shop offers a copy for sale, which requires Steam to play...

Yes, I was saying it requires Steam to play.  Gorth was concerned that it required more, like how Ubisoft titles launch from Steam and then make you sign into Uplay.  At least that was the impression I got.

Edited by Hurlshot

If anyone is playing Tomb Raider on PC you might want to know they messed something major up: http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846947231090179422/

I'm playing in windowed mode with that program to make it full screen and it looks a lot better, like really a lot.

I wouldn't miss screen blood splatter at all (not into stuff that hits the "screen", really), but some of those effects might be something you'd miss having ... once you know  they're not there, that is. Seems weird.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wouldn't miss screen blood splatter at all (not into stuff that hits the "screen", really), but some of those effects might be something you'd miss having ... once you know  they're not there, that is. Seems weird.

If only it was that simple. But it make a big visual difference in some environments and a subtle for the worse in others (ambient lighting, colors, skin texture). You can't really see the subtle stuff in screenshots very well but there is the big one:

http://s7.postimage.org/4jr34f9nt/2013_03_07_00044.jpg

http://s12.postimage.org/ktklrpuor/2013_03_07_00043.jpg

Edited by Fighter