What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Plodding along as a Polish Duke in Crusader Kings 2.  I'm at the year 1087 now.  King Boleslaw the Bold is doing a bang up job of laying waste to the pagans bordering Poland and expanding our border.  Once my eldest son becomes old enough I'll grant him all my lands so he doesn't lose any of them to his younger brother (****ing Gavelkind Succession  :verymad: ).  My oldest daughter, Krzysztyna, has just reached maturity and she's going to make a fantastic spymaster.  I'm debating whether to replace my wife with her now or wait a few years.  I think I'll do it soon, the wifey is getting old and she should spend more time at home.  I've been improving my technology and my holdings, but I'm not yet in a position to make much of a power play.  The plan is for Janusz, my eldest son, to go on the offensive once I die and he takes over as the Duke of Silesia.  Hopefully by then he has enough wealth to hire some mercs and with my bolstered army I can smash up some pagans and expand my lands.  There's a duchebag in a neighboring area that keeps making bogus claims on my lands, but he's part of the Holy Roman Empire and I'm in no position to feed him his liver at the moment.  Maybe I'll send Krzysztyna over to his lands to **** with him once I make her spymaster?  Maybe one day he "falls" on a dagger in his sleep?  Maybe one day he has an unfortunate hunting "accident"?  Maybe he eats something that winds up being not so good for his health?

The only female characters who can become spymasters are the wives or mothers of the present ruler.  A daughter/sister won't be an option, absent an incestuous marriage. 

Yeah, I guess I have to scrap that idea.  The wifey is a decent enough spymaster for now.  On the positive side, I married off my eldest daughter to a Georgian prince.  The religious differences are a point of friction, but I managed to get him to my court, smoothed things over using the international language (money), and the guy makes a fantastic chancellor.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So I reinstalled Mass Effect 3. Thought I'd check out all the new classes for multiplayer and see if they may get me interested in it again.

Right after it was done installing, I looked up the new classes on the wiki. "Oh... so the juggernaut's just another soldier. That's just a... nevermind." And uninstalled it before actually playing again.

Good thing I don't have download caps.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just reinstalled NWN2. I'm doing an OC playthrough then going to enjoy MOTB.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Metal Gear Rising :  Revengeance ... the way things are right now, i might spent more time in this game than in RPGs.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

He's easy pickins once he has 3 lightning rods sticking out of him.

Thanks. After this only took 3 times, first 2 mainly learning how to recharge my jetpack and *not* die from all the missiles, lasers and fireballs. Planted 5 spears just to be sure, and became rather close with 7HP remaining.

Off to Jewels of the Nile, but first... the Expeditions: Conquistador beta.

EDIT:

Also, that last level has shown me what the world needs (even if the world may not know it) and that's an CroTeam made Starship Troopers game.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Played Darksiders II. kept on going until a beat a boss and turned it off. I mostly just wander around and take too much time while playing this. I don't know why that is, but I could probably already have beaten the game if I just got into it a little more. I'm now skipping optional dungeons and just going with the main story.

Installed Fallout: New Vegas with The Uncut Mods and the 4GB loader. Tried installing the WME, but the main file is corrupted and won't download. The rest of the mods have to wait until I'm done with my current playthrough. 

Awesome things are happening right of the bat though: I sneaked up on some powder gangers. I was on the roof of one these rusty abandoned caravans and I noticed that on of the powder gangers was sitting in front of a table full of dynamites....you can guess what happened next.  :biggrin:

Edited by Astiaks
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

So I reinstalled Mass Effect 3. Thought I'd check out all the new classes for multiplayer and see if they may get me interested in it again.

Right after it was done installing, I looked up the new classes on the wiki. "Oh... so the juggernaut's just another soldier. That's just a... nevermind." And uninstalled it before actually playing again.

Hohohohoho, but you can't play the new classes without paying Bioware/EA for the privelige! Unless you want to play 6-10 20 minute horde mode (as if there's any other kind in ME3,) matches to accrue enough in-game currency to buy a Booster Pack that may or may not have a new class in it. It probably won't, and if it does, it'll be a garbage one you didn't want. Or one you already had. Best part about the ME3 MP Collectible Card Game? The cards are untradable!

See, I would actually buy a DLC (so long as it wasn't above $10 in price,) for the main game if it added a bunch of the new classes for single player, because a lot of the new MP classes actually play differently from the vanilla ME1 class set that has gone unchanged. Also wouldn't mind getting some of that armor, mixing and matching the standard armor parts starts to look like ass (in the bad way) in the normal game.

Edited by AGX-17

Installed Fallout: New Vegas with The Uncut Mods and the 4GB loader. Tried installing the WME, but the main file is corrupted and won't download. The rest of the mods have to wait until I'm done with my current playthrough. 

Awesome things are happening right of the bat though: I sneaked up on some powder gangers. I was on the roof of one these rusty abandoned caravans and I noticed that on of the powder gangers was sitting in front of a table full of dynamites....you can guess what happened next.  :biggrin:

F:NW is brilliant, you'll have loads of these types of events and exciting encounters during the game

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hohohohoho, but you can't play the new classes without paying Bioware/EA for the privelige! Unless you want to play 6-10 20 minute horde mode (as if there's any other kind in ME3,) matches to accrue enough in-game currency to buy a Booster Pack that may or may not have a new class in it. It probably won't, and if it does, it'll be a garbage one you didn't want. Or one you already had. Best part about the ME3 MP Collectible Card Game? The cards are untradable!

See, I would actually buy a DLC (so long as it wasn't above $10 in price,) for the main game if it added a bunch of the new classes for single player, because a lot of the new MP classes actually play differently from the vanilla ME1 class set that has gone unchanged. Also wouldn't mind getting some of that armor, mixing and matching the standard armor parts starts to look like ass (in the bad way) in the normal game.

I'm mostly with you. I think that if they did this as DLC instead of microtransactions, I'd be far more comfortable with it and definitely more interested.

I decided to give it another chance and some of the new classes are actually interesting. Though terrible configured. Like the Volus Adept has two extra powers, a cloak and a shield. Yeah, they're configured to the melee button.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished Dead Money.  It was fantastic, I think I might prefer the length and depth of these DLC's than the full games.  It's more focused and I can keep my attention on it easier, knowing that I'm not too far from the end.  

I'm thinking about picking up another one, but I might jump over Honest Hearts, as it looks like the other two are more relevant to the story I just played.

I'm thinking about picking up another one, but I might jump over Honest Hearts, as it looks like the other two are more relevant to the story I just played.

Do try to play it before Lonesome Road. Lonesome Road is the one DLC that brings all the other stories and vanilla game together.

Old World Blues has most relevance to Dead Money

• Like 1

Do try to play it before Lonesome Road. Lonesome Road is the one DLC that brings all the other stories and vanilla game together.

Old World Blues has most relevance to Dead Money

Ok, I'll just do them in order then.

Just finished Act 1 of NWN2 OC, remembered how much the trash mobs at Old Owl Well pissed me off, but the game itself is solidly OK. Still can't wait to finish so I can run the PC through MotB.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Just finished Dead Money.  It was fantastic, I think I might prefer the length and depth of these DLC's than the full games.  It's more focused and I can keep my attention on it easier, knowing that I'm not too far from the end.  

I found Honest Hearts to be the most enjoyable DLC, even though the story was kind of weak. The character writing for the non-tribals was great and its environment is a refreshing change. And then there's also the loot. I don't see why you would skip content that's there just because it's not obviously part of MCA's (come on, man, you're better than this!) retcon of the Courier's past/origins. The logic problems surrounding the tribals (you'll notice it when you read the latter of the much acclaimed survivalist's diaries,) in HH still pale in comparison to LR's inane re-writing of your own character's past. Edited by AGX-17

Alright, I'll play Honest Hearts!  Geez, you guys are a tough crowd. :p

But its nice to get all this feedback, it shows people care about your gaming experience :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Risen 1, went with an axe-wielding Inquisition mage. That means a shortage of skill points, which suits me just fine. Eventually I'll be freezing then hulk-smashing things. The island is just really, really well designed for exploring. In the central areas you get a little disoriented but not too lost, there are natural and subtle dividing lines between different regions, you never go too long without finding something odd, and cavernous systems, heights and small paths are used to interconnect areas in unexpected ways. And of course monsters.

Alright, I'll play Honest Hearts!  Geez, you guys are a tough crowd. :p

HH shines mostly in the exploration element.  Especially if you've actaully been to Zion National Park before.  (And if you haven't, that's the place to point the RV next time.)  There is one interesting narrative thread, but it doesn't have much to do with your character's actions, so my interest flagged after I had poked my nose in every corner of the map.