What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Played an hour or two of Crysis 3.

Uninstalled. Don't buy.

Crysis is a brand new game. You mean you pay full price for a game, try it for 2-3 hours and then uninstall it?

Where did you buy it?

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I do kinda agree with Morgoth on the Crysis 3 levels, they make you think they are open ended with their size, but you are still on direct pathways. They don't even let you drive tanks, or multiple vehicles, just this little go kart in one level. Crysis 1 is still the best one. I'm gonna stick through and finish though as I am on the last level already

Right now I'm playing nothing. But I'm wating anxiously for word of a GOTY edition for Skyrim so I can buy the whole thing at once. Have no played it yet. Plus OOTP 14 comes out in April. I'm excited about that. I would imagine I'm the only one here to say that! :lol:

Oh yes, Rome TW II, that is Must-Have!

GB you are a genius, I also haven't played Skyrim yet so waiting for the GOTY edition make sense. Any idea when it will come out?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

BioWare is dropping the ball too often

At least you are suggesting that they keep picking it back up :p

Hi Melk :)

I like Bioware and despite all this "Bioware Bashing" I guarantee you that almost every person on these forums who claims to dislike Bioware and that there games are sub-par will play Dragon Age 3 when its released. Mark my words :)

Not me ;) My last Bio game was Jade Empire, and I am proud about it :p And I am also proud that I own every single PC Bio game, expansion pack and DLC up to Jade Empire, all were excellent games, even thought hey were not all my cup of tea...

After they sold out to EA, I just found another companies which provides me with high quality products. Thankfully there is enough companies which offer quality gameplay, instead of idea of broadening the audience...

Yeah, it's a convenient argument that since everyone plays it the criticisms are at least partially invalid. But the fact is, (1) it doesn't invalidate the criticism, it just questions the person's use of his/her own spare time; (2) it's not true. I haven't played Mass Effect or DA2 beyond half-hour stints and I don't regret it.

Trying to choose between CK2, Path of Exile, Grimoire Demo and BG2 each night and then realising I have no time anyway. 

The Fox Blade (which seems like it might be a reskinned armor breaker) is overpowered in Metal Gear Rising. I see now why the Armor Breaker is probably among the last weapons people would normally get.

I haven't even upgraded its special ability and it kills normal cyborgs outright.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Fox Blade (which seems like it might be a reskinned armor breaker) is overpowered in Metal Gear Rising. I see now why the Armor Breaker is probably among the last weapons people would normally get.

I haven't even upgraded its special ability and it kills normal cyborgs outright.

Im having lots of fun with this game, it has a really short campaign but i cannot stop my self from slicing&dicing :)

On the other hand im visiting my parents for the weekend so no high end/console games. BOOOO!

A weekend full of DOTA2 and Banner Saga Factions. And drinking !

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Right now I'm playing nothing. But I'm wating anxiously for word of a GOTY edition for Skyrim so I can buy the whole thing at once. Have no played it yet. Plus OOTP 14 comes out in April. I'm excited about that. I would imagine I'm the only one here to say that! :lol:

Oh yes, Rome TW II, that is Must-Have!

GB you are a genius, I also haven't played Skyrim yet so waiting for the GOTY edition make sense. Any idea when it will come out?

Thay have not even announced one yet but I imagine it will come once the last DLC sales start to fall off. I saw the price of the game has dropped from $49.99US to $34.99. That's a good sign.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Playing Crusader Kings 2.  Started out as Duke Marcin I of Silesia (custom created), vassal of King Boleslaw the Bold of Poland.  Gave myself the traits Quick, Lustful, and Wounded.  Chose a Welsh Duchess as a wife, had a baby daughter, had another daughter...  with...  ahem...  not my wife.  Legitimized the daughter out of wedlock, naturally the wife and legitimate daughter didn't like that one bit.  I did what any loving husband would do in that situation, threw money at the problem.  Later I discovered my wife was plotting against me.  Considered imprisoning her, but being the loving husband I am, I gave her a chance to end her plot.  Horrifically Lower Silesia converted to the Cathar religion.  Heretics!  I sent my Chaplain over there in a desperate attempt to turn them back to the true faith, Catholicism.  Otherwise I may have to put the sword to them.  Can't have heretics living on my lands.  On the bright side, my wound healed, leaving a super manly scar.

Good times so far.

:dancing:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe I'll try Sleeping Hogs. I should try to finish some Steam vehicles I foolishly picked up a few months back.

Playing Crusader Kings 2.  Started out as Duke Marcin I of Silesia (custom created), vassal of King Boleslaw the Bold of Poland.  Gave myself the traits Quick, Lustful, and Wounded.  Chose a Welsh Duchess as a wife, had a baby daughter, had another daughter...  with...  ahem...  not my wife.  Legitimized the daughter out of wedlock, naturally the wife and legitimate daughter didn't like that one bit.  I did what any loving husband would do in that situation, threw money at the problem.  Later I discovered my wife was plotting against me.  Considered imprisoning her, but being the loving husband I am, I gave her a chance to end her plot.  Horrifically Lower Silesia converted to the Cathar religion.  Heretics!  I sent my Chaplain over there in a desperate attempt to turn them back to the true faith, Catholicism.  Otherwise I may have to put the sword to them.  Can't have heretics living on my lands.  On the bright side, my wound healed, leaving a super manly scar.

Good times so far.

Kill them all and let God sort them out.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Still playing Metal Gear Rising. R-05 and beyond seem rushed. Heck, R-05 is only 5 minutes long with no boss. R-06 is only a boss. R-07 is about 6 minutes long, then the final boss, so it's not too bad given the boss is a long one.

Still rather like it, but the quality drop is significant.

Sick day means Civ day!

Closing in on a Cultural win as the Celts.  The "Fractal" map script gave me a small continent all to myself (with one city state), but within Trireme range of the big continent with everybody else.  I had a good setup for scientific development (a mountain-adjacent capital; a good amount of Jungle), but science victories take so long, so I leveraged that advantage to get me to the good cultural techs and wonders. 

Good times so far.

That sounds really fun, all the political intrigue and scandal. I have never played a RTS before. Okay I did try Heroes of Might and Magic VI but I am not sure if that qualifies.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Maybe I'll try Sleeping Hogs. I should try to finish some Steam vehicles I foolishly picked up a few months back.

You can't go wrong with SD as Keyrock and I will tell you.

I also found a way to fix a certain timing bug on the PC if you experience it

• Like 1

John Milton 

I got annoyed with Of Orcs and Men as I kept getting killed, so I stopped playing it and then deleted it off my machine. Its not a good enough game for me to go back and relearn new skills or understand the combat properly.

So tonight I will be installing Alan Wake, I have always wanted to play it

:)

John Milton 

I played Alan Wake a bit, but (as often happens to me these days) I didn't get too far. It had a nice creepy atmosphere and sound that I liked, but its gameplay structure wasn't really for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I beat Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence. Best new game I've played this year, but on reflection, I think it's the only 2013 release I've played so far. So... off to a good start?

Anyway, the story needed another pass before finalizing. R-00 is irrelevant. R-01 is irrelevant. R-02 through R-04 are one plot. R-05 through R-07 are another plot. The connecting fabric being the same bad guys. But their four different plans seem unrelated.

Now to decide what to do next. I started an MGS 2 HD run I should finish. I would also like to unlock some more stuff and do some upgrades, maybe try Very Hard on MGSRR. Or I could go back to Of Orcs and Men.

Good times so far.

That sounds really fun, all the political intrigue and scandal. I have never played a RTS before. Okay I did try Heroes of Might and Magic VI but I am not sure if that qualifies.

Yeah, CK2 is far more focused on politics and less on action than other strategy games.  You manage most things at a very macro level, handing off responsibility to members of your court or vassals.  So many things can all be happening all at once that it's really necessary to hand off most of the responsibility to others, otherwise you'd just get overwhelmed.  I'm just scratching the surface of the game, but I really like it so far.  I'm already looking forward to the upcoming The Old Gods DLC that will let you play as pagans and loot and pillage and sacrifice people.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Good times so far.

Old Gods DLC that will let you play as pagans and loot and pillage and sacrifice people.

"pillage and sacrifice" , that does sound fun and different :fdevil:

John Milton