What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

As such will happen when I finally have my Tetris high score beaten at work (I lost the title for about 8 minutes with a score of 139k, to which I immediately snagged 158k)

Space Cadet Table was the competitive high-score game of choice in my youth. Unfortunately at the frequency Win95/98 required clean installs, records tend to not have much of a verifiable trail. :(

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Downloading SS2 from GoG!

Im on the same train!

You guys make me wish I still had my original System Shock 1 CD.  It was my very first PC game ...

...  All I have left is the official hint book 'ICE Breaker' and it gives me fond memories of rapier-rushing Security-2 'bots (they took at least 4 slices to kill from 'Undamaged' state on Combat 3).

... and it took me a week of nothing but eating, gaming and sleeping to complete :p

Sounds like the GoG SS2 already has a hi-res patch/mod included, or something. Other mods, the fansites are being hammered to death. Heh.

Might get it when the excitement dies down a bit. Still have my original disc :p and don't care about most mod stuff, but nice to have a digital copy with hi-res attached to it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sounds like the GoG SS2 already has a hi-res patch/mod included, or something. Other mods, the fansites are being hammered to death. Heh.

Might get it when the excitement dies down a bit. Still have my original disc :p and don't care about most mod stuff, but nice to have a digital copy with hi-res attached to it.

Really? I haven't ever gotten an old game with GoG that had that sort of technical improvement included. Impossible to find/use old fanmade ones for Arcanum (accursed game, must I reduce my screen resolution for your sake?!)

i still have my system shock 2 disc, but i'll get the GoG version too, just cause im weird like that

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i still have my system shock 2 disc, but i'll get the GoG version too, just cause im weird like that

Nothing weird about that, the great thing about GoG is that they make sure that these games will run smoothly on most modern systems.  Disc copies of older games often take a bit more work to get running.

I was going to shelve Serious Sam 3: BFE for a while since I just finished it, but then Uncle Gabe sprang this Steam Linux sale on me and I scooped up the Jewel of the Nile DLC, so when in Rome Egypt...

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nothing weird about that, the great thing about GoG is that they make sure that these games will run smoothly on most modern systems.  Disc copies of older games often take a bit more work to get running.

SS2 takes basically no effort to get running nowadays off disk. The only really outstanding issue is having to use the -LGNTFORCE switch when installing, all the affinity setting and codec fiddling was taken care of with the newdark patch.

[edit]Checked SSO and the GOG version is only basic SS2 with fan patches pre-applied, down to and including an old version of the patching utility SSTool. Expert tech ninjas? My oversized right buttock.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

Been dabbling on SS2 tonight. First time in a few weeks I've managed more then 20 minutes or so at a time of gaming. Currently just hit Operations level...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Started playing "Impire"

It's a dungeon keeper style game I guess. You build a dungeon. Heroes assault you. Your monsters kill them.

The bad difference:

rooms have preset blueprints. You can only rotate them and place them, but no deciding size like in dungeon keeper.

The good new things:

Baal, your character increases in level and gets upgrades hat actually have an effect on appearance (I just got bigger wings).

You can raid the world above by sending units to target locations up there. It's nothing special really, just a unit traveling on the world map to a one room location where it fights some people. Still it adds a nice dimension to the game.

Your imps actually have to work in rooms for the rooms to function. So one of your imps will have to work as a cook in the kitchen for example.

In the training room, to be able to train a creature from level 2 to level 3 you have to first capture a hero and have him usd as a training dummy...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Gabriel Knight 3 crashed during the big reveal cutscene on who told the Schattenjagers to fight evil, bleh. But finished off the game, those puzzles in the last part sure were a pain.  Now on to Deponia

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Me and my friend started a co-op playthrough in System Shock 2. I'm a a gunslinging marine while he's my wrench-whacker hacker

The game's not even remotely as scary playing it in co-op, but it's a whole new type of fun. Exploring, sharing resources and having our own complementing specialized roles feels really good

Played a bit more of Impire.

It has still quite a number of bugs. The devs are actve on the forum which gives a bit of hope that they will fix them.

Of course there was an unfortunate incident of a dev telling players to learn to play...  and sporting a steam username "LOL y u mad tho". That did not help the studio. Obviously there have been tons of apoligies and a change in name...

Game turns out to be far far froma  Dungeon Keeper clone. It's an RTS witha  small number of units. In that it is closer to Dawn of War 2 I guess. It is interesting and has great art style and attention to detail. It does need polish though.

I don't regret getting it, but I cannot at the moment recommend it 100%. Then again, I would not recommend without at least some reservation buying Fallout 3 either because of the bugs inherent in nearly every Bethesda game ;)

So it's a fun little game. It has a reasonable price. It is deffinitly not what many people expect from it though and it does need a patch (which has been promised to come soon).

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finished Devil May Cry 4. I'll miss the series.

I'm going to see if I can power through MGS 1, 2, and 4 before Tuesday's release of Rising.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Serious Sam 3: BFE Jewel of the Nile - Holy **** this is hard!  I'm almost out of ammo for the weapons I got and they just keep sending waves of big and nasties at me.  I'm facing multiple enemies that I generally use things like the rocket launcher of Devastator on and all I got is about 30 shotgun shells to use with the double barrel.  What usually winds up getting me is those damn Kleer skeletons while I'm trying not to get blown up by rockets or run over by charging bulls.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Metal Gear Rising is available here, but I ain't buying it. Saving money for a rig.

I didn't know that was the title of a video game. So, what kind of game is "Metal Gear Rising is available here, but I ain't buying it. Saving money for a rig."?

Picked up Spider-Man game on Steam for 10 Reichsmark. It can't be worse than Arkham City.

Oh, yes it can. Edited by AGX-17

Metal Gear Rising is available here, but I ain't buying it. Saving money for a rig.

I didn't know that was the title of a video game. So, what kind of game is "Metal Gear Rising is available here, but I ain't buying it. Saving money for a rig."?

>>Picked up Spider-Man game on Steam for 10 Reichsmark. It can't be worse than Arkham City.

Oh, yes it can.

Strange comment Agx, for someone who claims to have mastery of the English language you don't seem to understand basic sentences?

He is simply saying he won't be buying the game Metal Gear Solid because he is saving money to enhance his PC. 

I appreciate this comment because most people won't ever consider not buying a game due to money, they will just Pirate it. So his post reveals loads about his integrity. Remember Agx,  "the glass is half full in life, the glass is half full"  :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Started up Old World Blues dlc. It was somewhat interesting until the overlong intro with the lame jokes coming from the droids. Christ, I hate nerd humor. Who wrote this crap? I had to quit playing afterwards. Tommorrow after it's scrubbed from my memory, I'll resume play.