What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Started playing Sleeping Dogs today. The story and the characters have been pretty good so far. They remind me of GTA IV a bit.

Emphasis on a bit. I couldn't finish GTA IV, it was painful. SD isn't perfect but it's leagues better imo.

Agreed.  I think a lot of that has to do with Sleeping Dogs' combat.  GTA's combat has always been frustratingly bad.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bah stupid distributors for our country imported like 5 boxes of Ni No Kuni all sold out in like 15 seconds after opening sales... That happens when their Sales Executives knows **** about game preferences here... Have to wait another 2 weeks for the second shipment... Meanwhile started after big break to play League of Legends...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Bah stupid distributors for our country imported like 5 boxes of Ni No Kuni all sold out in like 15 seconds after opening sales... That happens when their Sales Executives knows **** about game preferences here... Have to wait another 2 weeks for the second shipment... Meanwhile started after big break to play League of Legends...

Why not order it online?!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Pretty much still BL2. It's difficult to play other things sometimes, when your spouse wants to play one game all the time. :) We have our third co-op pair in playthru2, plus I keep doing some farming runs. Need a lvl50 Hellfire and Scorch is being stubborn (have a lvl11 Hellfire already).

Probably won't play too much besides BL2 gunnin' until late Spring, when hubby starts to want to be out in the yard a lot more instead of on the couch under a blanket. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Don't be nasty, you know they don't have the Internet in Slovakia ?

:)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Started playing Sleeping Dogs today. The story and the characters have been pretty good so far. They remind me of GTA IV a bit.

Emphasis on a bit. I couldn't finish GTA IV, it was painful. SD isn't perfect but it's leagues better imo.

Each of the characters I have met in the game so far have had their own personalities and the main character is pretty likeable. Rockstar also does a decent job when it comes to characters and dialogues. That's what sets the GTA series aside from other sandbox games in my opinion.

Sleeping Dogs is an amazing game, really entertaining. The hand to hand combat really grows on you, I used the High Definition Mod and the game looked stunning.

The characters are very believable, I also like the way you want to explore the city to find shrines and other things that aid you.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

GhostofAnakin, on 09 Feb 2013 - 17:25, said:
"Agreed. I think a lot of that has to do with Sleeping Dogs' combat. GTA's combat has always been frustratingly bad."

I disliked the whole story (up to the part I gave up, I mean), the cahracter interactions - not the minigame, the conversations. And the animations, gawd. hose snail like movements I have to suffer through to even shoot back at someone.. or getting knocked over from touching people... or spending half a minute in the air because of a car crash...

Edited by Oner

I have just finished Planescape for the first time, as expected an amazing and enthralling game. My comments on the game

Whats good :

• The narrative, must be the best of any game I have ever played. When you play the game you become almost obsessed with trying to find out who you are and how did you end up in mortuary.
  • The party members, I enjoyed interacting with them and learning about there histories. I thought Annah and Fall-From-Grace were smoking hot, its a pity the game doesn't allow you explore the Romance\Sex aspect more with them.
  • The ability to traverse different planes. This was really exciting and one of the best parts of the game. I enjoyed the fact I could go from Sigil to places like Curst. Each different plane had its own challenges and culture and was truly a new experience
  • I liked the way you meet Demons, Devils and other very powerful creatures that you just converse with in the streets. The way this was done just reinforced the design of the game where you really are feel you are part of this epic quest that is literally greater than life and death and the traditional tenets of most fantasy RPG. In other words, you not killing the evil dragon in the dungeon. The same dragons god is helping you in your party during Planescape 

What I didn't like

• I used some of  the walkthroughs in Sigil to find out what I was suppose to do next. This diminished the excitement of solving parts of the game for me. Of course this was my fault for being lazy and I can't blame the actual gameplay for this. Due to this some of the sense of achievement of moving to the next plane wasn't as great as it should have been
  • There wasn't enough development in Romance\Sex for the characters that you courted or liked. I enjoy this when I play RPG

End of the day BG2 is still my favorite RPG but I absolutely recommend this to all lovers of classic RPG.  You must play it if you haven't

• Like 1

John Milton 

Glad you enjoyed it. My only complaint is that the combat is weaker than the other Infinity Engine games. I avoided it as much as possible. Quest solving was the better way to gain experience anyway.

Playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I felt it was very slow paced at the beginning, but I'm starting to enjoy it more and more as I keep going. The turn based battle system is fun and reminds me of strategy rpgs, allowing you to move uints on the battlefield. Writing is good, although there is almost too much at times. It's sad that we most possibly won't get the whole trilogy in English. I'd import if there was ever a fan translation of the sequels, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Pretty much still BL2. It's difficult to play other things sometimes, when your spouse wants to play one game all the time. :) We have our third co-op pair in playthru2, plus I keep doing some farming runs. Need a lvl50 Hellfire and Scorch is being stubborn (have a lvl11 Hellfire already).

Probably won't play too much besides BL2 gunnin' until late Spring, when hubby starts to want to be out in the yard a lot more instead of on the couch under a blanket. :lol:

*cough* I have a lv 50 Hellfire.

Meanwhile...

****IN' THIS GUY

I SWEAR

THIS GUY

silvhiD.jpg

Edited by AGX-17

Glad you enjoyed it. My only complaint is that the combat is weaker than the other Infinity Engine games. I avoided it as much as possible. Quest solving was the better way to gain experience anyway.

Thats a accurate observation, I didn't realize it at the time but you can avoid loads of combat situations. So yes I agree the combat was weaker.

John Milton 

I ordered it online... but my stupid mistake, it was from slovak shop, which got supplied 1 box in total from that retarded distributor... game.co.uk sold out and amazon got ridiculous prizes atm for me... even though I would buy it now from UK, it would come in 10 days soonest...

Neverwinter Nights 2

Finally got Construct working. Pretty nice stats, but I'll probably leave him in the keep after one quest, since my character is not focusing on crafting skills, and thus can't upgrade him properly (why oh why can't I use my other party members' crafting skills for the skill check??? I suppose it for the purpose of balance with combat vs non-combat classes, but it annoys me)

Edited by Nordicus

I ordered it online... but my stupid mistake, it was from slovak shop, which got supplied 1 box in total from that retarded distributor... game.co.uk sold out and amazon got ridiculous prizes atm for me... even though I would buy it now from UK, it would come in 10 days soonest...

Okay, that must be annoying. I just want to add that I was joking when I said Slovakia doesn't have the Internet. My step-dads sister was married to a Czech guy so all my step-brothers and step-sisters speak Czech and they go there regularly. I am sure your countries share many common cultural interests :)

John Milton 

Yes we do, we share common sucky game distrubutors as well :D

And no offense taken :p

• Like 1

/jealous

• Like 1

Got past the long solo part in the beginning of Act 3 in Neverwinter Nights 2, and now the game is showing its downright bipolar quality more apparently than ever.

Put me against 2 vampire champions while soloing, seriously? Not only that, but starting me with a crappy sword when the undead ambush comes (instead of my awesome +4 bastard sword BLOODLETTER), and not putting any auto-saves after the long string of discussions you have before it?

Then you make up for it with a rather interesting tomb, make the next major quest non-linear, and give me more fantastic line delivery from Sand, the snarkiest elf in Neverwinter?

With the way this game pushes me away and then pulls me back, I feel like a yo-yo

• Like 1

Planetside 2 of late, pointless zerging of objectives but the combat is fun on a grand scale - it's fun to charge up a hill at The Crown with a swarm of Vanu against NC fire.  One problem I have with the game is that identifying targets isn't as easy as it should be, some Vanu can look like NC which leads to either TKs or hesitation to fire and the resulting death. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So, the thing I've noticed about ghosts in Dark Souls, the ones who aren't just running off of cliffs are (rough estimate,) about 80% players holding a weapon in two hands/not using a shield.

I want to play Dark Souls as I consider myself a RPG aficionado and I believe you can't call yourself an aficionado unless you embrace all aspects of a topic. The thing is I don't like repetition of levels or getting killed too much, so by its nature Dark Souls might not be for me. Yet many people do love it, so I faced with a conundrum. Do I play Dark Souls ?

John Milton 

Hmm I can really recommend to you to try it out, if you have a possibility to borrow it or rent do it, if you like that kind of stuff buy it... The game is really big adrenaline rush and can you drive crazy lot of time, not many people's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it to the max...

But, tbh for som reason I liked much more Demon's Souls...

I get a heartache everytime I read Neverwinter Nights 2 on these boards. I wish I had a decent PC so I could play all those awesome PC exclusive games(The Witcher 2, Stalker SoC, F:NV with mods etc. )   :(

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.