RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

The people who made Fahrenheit should not be talking about acting, dialogue, or story telling. If you got rid of the terrible gameplay, you're left with something that is a lot worse than most of the TV movies you see in the day time, or most action movies. Games offer different opportunities to tell stories, better opportunities, but they can't and don't do well at things that movies and books do well at. A movie is a different experience to a book but neither is better, and that's the same for games. These people at Quantic Dream have no respect for the medium.

Metal Gear Rising boss fight trailer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-18-revengeance-trailer-shows-off-three-boss-fights

Now that was amusing.

I didn't care for the demo of MGRR the first time I tried it. But I seem to have gotten a much better knack for it today. I'm looking forward to this really badly, now.

Monsoon looks like a bit of a beast to fight.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm a bit sad i watched half of that video. I'm sure my jaw would have dropped the first time i fought Monsoon. :D Well i'm not watching anything else so i'll be having the most fun i can when i get the game. :wub: :wub:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

New trailer for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Atari files for bankruptcy

I thought they were already gone. Well, good riddance, losers.

This seems to be just a strategic move to break away from the European holding company. It makes sense as the USA division was profitable

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A slight tangent (nice for "unrelated"), checking up on Infogrames history showed me where Ocean and Gremlin went. Those companies made some great games in the mid 80's :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This seems to be just a strategic move to break away from the European holding company. It makes sense as the USA division was profitable

Yeah, and there's a fairly important difference between "bankruptcy" and "chapter 11". I wish US would move it to a different part of the code to make dramatic headlines harder. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wondering which Atari holds the Baldur's Gate IP...

Practically, Hasbro. Else, NA Atari by the look of things- but the BG3 stuff mentioned recently wrt to Obsidian were with Euro Atari, so who knows.

"© 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © 2011 Atari Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Marketed and distributed by Atari, Inc., New York, NY.."

• Like 1

Oh my hat, I really hope this means its coming to the PC. From your link its probable but I can't  find a definitive "yes" response from Rockstar yet :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://youtu.be/rQTxxCnMWJw

Looking good :dancing:

This is old news and your hopes have probably already been crushed, but the redactors of a game magazine in my country were so surprised at how awful the preview was, they decided to cancel the Alien-themed cover of their next issue, as well as an exclusive on the game which would have meant at least a 20% increase in sale. Just so that they could avoid the embarrassment.

sounds like those redactors should have kept the preview in, if only to warn away potential buyers.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Not really taken with her voice, but impressive cutscene.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra