RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Honestly that type of thing doesn't concern me, its not even human?
Neither is the main character, so who precisely are we supposed to relate to?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh okay

Are you objecting morally to him killing a pregnant creature that is the same race as him?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Also the second bolded part is a matter of taste. Seen quite a bit of people who actually think its great (not reviewers).

Sure. Doesn't change the fact that the ranking system is broken and the developers fundamentally don't understand the purpose it served (otherwise they wouldn't have redesigned it this way), that the game runs at 30 fps, that the game is generally easier and more forgiving in terms of combo execution, etc. Again, I have no problem with people enjoying the game, but come on, you seriously don't understand why people don't like it?

Also the second bolded part is a matter of taste. Seen quite a bit of people who actually think its great (not reviewers).

Sure. Doesn't change the fact that the ranking system is broken and the developers fundamentally don't understand the purpose it served (otherwise they wouldn't have redesigned it this way), that the game runs at 30 fps, that the game is generally easier and more forgiving in terms of combo execution, etc. Again, I have no problem with people enjoying the game, but come on, you seriously don't understand why people don't like it?

?

First of all reception is on the whole very positive so far.

Also I never said people don't have a reason to not like it?

The one thing I did say is that Ninja Theory gets/got too much crap and I stand by it. They improved considerably for this game in an area they usually aren't good at. They obviously poured a lot of effort into it and still they were bashed the hardest of all of Capcom's western studio experiments.

Yet, they actually did deliever a really solid game that doesn't have to hide from the other games in the series. (Well, thats not particulary difficult, since that series contains DMC2, but still :) )

Edited by C2B

Gamasutra interview with Chris Taylor and his new Kickstarter project "Wildman"

http://projectw.gaspowered.com/

Well, either this succeeds or Gas Powered Games will be out of business. Must feel warm-heartening being situated in Redmond where Microsoft is also placed and not get even some tiny little bit of support from such a software giant. Being egoistic > investing a bit in local scene.

Either way, in a couple hours we should find out more. Will probably pledge 'cause Chris is such a funny dude.

Oh okay

Are you objecting morally to him killing a pregnant creature that is the same race as him?

Murdering a terrified and defenseless hostage. Explicitly murdering her child first, then her. I mean, what was the point of that, except to torment her before death?

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh okay

Murdering a terrified and defenseless hostage. Explicitly murdering her child first, then her. I mean, what was the point of that, except to torment her before death?

But it's GRIMDARK and EDGY to prove the new DmC by a different, western developer is NEW and IMPROVED and DARKER and EDGIER. Like the Fox News level! SO EDGY. Hideki Kamiya will have ample opportunity to say gaijin on twitter soon enough.

Edited by AGX-17

Oh okay

But it's GRIMDARK and EDGY to prove the new DmC by a different, western developer is NEW and IMPROVED and DARKER and EDGIER. Like the Fox News level! SO EDGY. Hideki Kamiya will have ample opportunity to say gaijin on twitter soon enough.

@ Tale

Okay I see what your saying, it does seem gratuitous. I wonder if you have the option not to kill her?

@ Agx

It does seem like they are making a statement, but I suppose its a competitive industry so they want to stand out

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

snip

You initially seemed to take issue at my explanation of why people wanted it to bomb and later took issue at the fact that I called the game competent, so I answered to that. I never argued that some of the vitriolic tones against Ninja Theory weren't out of line.

I didn't on both accounts

The first time I took issues at generalizing the company Ninja Theory regarding what one member/the pr said.

The second time I took issue at the whole section since it sounded like you were stating that its some sort of fact that the game was *competent* and as such the game isn't worth it compared to its pr.

That point you edited though, refering to what you played/have seen so the issue falls moot.

Edited by C2B

i liked the first dmc, it was a new and exciting style of game. then about 20 games all copied it (some good, like ninja gaiden, but most bad). im pretty bored with the genre now. maybe i'll get the new one in a year or two for $5 on a steam sale, but otherwise, not interested.

i AM interested in news about the new consoles. if the ps4 is backwards compatible with the ps1-3 then i'll pick one up asap. if its not completely backwards compatible then i'll wait 2-3 years before getting one. im pretty sure i'll be skipping the next xbox. in the last 2 years i have barely touched my xbox 360.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

http://gamebanshee.c...s-gate-iii.html

Saw this posted on GameBanshee and thought it was an interesting read despite this not leading to anything.

It is a good read and one of the best suggestions for an epic campaign I've seen. Would kickstart.

And hurray for being able to use the word epic without irony for once.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

Saw this posted on GameBanshee and thought it was an interesting read despite this not leading to anything.

I could get behind this. Always wanted to kill that jerk Cyric.

I can hardly see this happening, because of the setting that was established... Even allowing The Bhaalspawn to reach godhood would require acknowledgment by WotC and changes to that particular timeline.

Given the timeline, I could see only Cyrics defeat as not accomplishing his goal, but never his demise, whereas the Bhaalspawn would get dominion over some portfolio, not necessarily related to the old Bhaal's one.

But since it's a no go, I guess I can stop my further theorycrafting

has this making of teaser been posted yet? 2077 cyberpunkl

http://www.behance.n...nk-2077/6573211

I think it has but damn thats an evocative video, can't wait :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

I could get behind this. Always wanted to kill that jerk Cyric.

I can hardly see this happening, because of the setting that was established... Even allowing The Bhaalspawn to reach godhood would require acknowledgment by WotC and changes to that particular timeline.

Given the timeline, I could see only Cyrics defeat as not accomplishing his goal, but never his demise, whereas the Bhaalspawn would get dominion over some portfolio, not necessarily related to the old Bhaal's one.

But since it's a no go, I guess I can stop my further theorycrafting

Eh, no, BG is non-canon, anyway.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif