RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Guys take a look at this introduction video to Elder Scrolls Online. What do you think? I think it looks amazing. But I am easily pleased so I wouldn't mind other more insightful opinions :)

Eh. The only real hope is that they've got better writers than Bethesda Softworks proper. Which would not be a difficult thing to achieve.

The video for Elder Scrolls Online looked great.  But really, their games always look great.  I'm not sure what it is about ES games that keeps my interest for a dozen hours and then peters out, but maybe making it a more social experience will help with that.  I'm not super excited about it, but I'll give it a try when it comes out.

The video for Elder Scrolls Online looked great.  But really, their games always look great.  I'm not sure what it is about ES games that keeps my interest for a dozen hours and then peters out, but maybe making it a more social experience will help with that.  I'm not super excited about it, but I'll give it a try when it comes out.

I hear you, thats my view at the moment. I actually prefer single player games anyway with a bit of MP thrown in. But I will be keeping this game and the Neverwinter Nights MMO on my radar.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sega bidding high for Relic

Relic + Creative Assembly = RTS juggernaut.

WAAAAAGH!!!

In the grim dorkness of the far future, there is only Total War...

I really wouldn't like Relic and CA getting merged into one entitiy. Diversity is good, and I also don't want DoW3 to be like Total War. I prefer the smaller squad-based tactical gameplay over the huge strategic one.

Edited by Morgoth
  • Like 1

Sega bidding high for Relic

Relic + Creative Assembly = RTS juggernaut.

WAAAAAGH!!!

In the grim dorkness of the far future, there is only Total War...

I really wouldn't like Relic and CA getting merged into one entitiy. Diversity is good, and I also don't want DoW3 to be like Total War. I prefer the smaller squad-based tactical gameplay over the huge strategic one.

Yes, they will probably fire a lot of people and we'll end up with half the amount of games and half the diversity.

The ideal scenario is that the minds behind Homeworld gets fired/ leaves and does a Homeworld kickstarter, I guess.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

If the multi-account management is true... Then finally someone in the console industry has shown some kind of sanity...

Now gimme back the PS2 compatibility... So I can shelve at least on console from my living room QQ

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yes, they will probably fire a lot of people and we'll end up with half the amount of games and half the diversity.

The ideal scenario is that the minds behind Homeworld gets fired/ leaves and does a Homeworld kickstarter, I guess.

No way there's gonna be mass layoffs. Relic is super busy with CoH2 and DoW3, Sega would be stupid to castrate such a cash cow.

Homeworld + Kickstarter is a horrible idea. Homeworld deserves a big budget, decently staffed team and good marketing.

No way there's gonna be mass layoffs. Relic is super busy with CoH2 and DoW3, Sega would be stupid to castrate such a cash cow.

Since WH40k is a separate license I doubt that Dawn of War 3 will ever see the light of day.

Never underestimate bureaucracy. Some deficits here and license trouble there, and you've got your layoffs. In addition to that, CoH2 and DoW3 might be rushed, or partially moved to other SEGA- controlled developers. There's a tendency of talent disappearing whenever similar corporate takeovers take place. Just look at all the companies who were bought by EA. I'm speaking strictly from what I know have happened in the past, not from what you or I would have done as the CEO of SEGA.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

http://www.destructoid.com/thq-auction-over-relic-goes-to-sega-update--243010.phtml

[Update: Kotaku has reposted a staff letter from THQ president Jason Rubin, saying that Koch Media bought Volition and the Metro IP, Crytek bought Homefront, Take 2 bought Evolve, and Ubisoft took Montreal and South Park: The Stick of Truth.]

I want mah Space Marine sequel.

Starring dah Orkz! It'll never happen, but I can dream.

Sad to hear about Vigil. They did good work on the two Darksiders games.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro

That came completely out of the blue. 

Volition and Saints Row were the biggest names THQ had to offer and they have gone to a euro publisher. 

Getting the WH40K liscense should be easy, Sega recently already acquired the Warhammer license so why not snatch 40K too? 

Because it won't come free.

I have no idea what sega plans to do but they are already playing with fire with two PC-centric studios that failed their console transition.

Edited by pmp10