What are you playing now - the plays the thing

LadyCrimson

Yes, lets complain about the fact that a company is trying to make money off the game they spent hundreds of millions of dollars producing. :facepalm:

So you can unlock those coins for $15, or you can buy that many for $10, which is the smarter plan unless you get something else for a month sub. Honestly these complaints sound a bit ridiculous, you can literally play through two full storylines, which is hundreds of hours of gameplay, without spending a dime. What do you expect? This game costs a lot of money to run.

Really Hurly, sometimes I think you would give money for a man who brakes in to your house and pisses on your cerials, because "he clearly went much trouble getting to my house and should be awarded" :)

It's not my fault they spend ridiculous amounts of money for a game that lacked in many ways from the start.

Of course they need to get money to keep running, but they made the f2p so aggressive, at least for me, that I have zero intrest to hop on back. If they would kept the restrictions out from the things that affect the gameplay, but limited the times you can do flashpoints/operations/pvp with f2p, then who knows, I might have started to play again and subscribe back after week or two.

Yes, lets complain about the fact that a company is trying to make money off the game they spent hundreds of millions of dollars producing. :facepalm:

So you can unlock those coins for $15, or you can buy that many for $10, which is the smarter plan unless you get something else for a month sub. Honestly these complaints sound a bit ridiculous, you can literally play through two full storylines, which is hundreds of hours of gameplay, without spending a dime. What do you expect? This game costs a lot of money to run.

I would expect at least the same level of F2P service for previous subscribers, as offered by LoTRO or DnD Online, nothing less nothing more... EA is trying to lower the industry standards again and some people are even grateful for it... tsk tsk tsk...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Really Hurly, sometimes I think you would give money for a man who brakes in to your house and pisses on your cerials, because "he clearly went much trouble getting to my house and should be awarded" :)

And sometimes I think you and a few others spend a bit too much time trying to vilify game companies.

They are offering a ton of free content for a game that was released less than a year ago. Quite a few of you clearly think the game is worth your time, but not your money, which makes no sense to me.

Also, I played both DDO and LotRO extensively both as a subscriber and f2p. First off they both didn't go f2p nearly as early as TOR, and secondly they had plenty of limitations. You had to grind out points to purchase things in LotRO, and really you are paying to expand the storyline because of the expansions and adventure packs.

• Like 1

Yes they did that, but they did not for example block turbine points or stuff you unlocked in your previous gaming session when you were still subscribing, like SWTOR does it.

And that they have gone F2P so soon after the launch is their problem, not mine. If I wish to make some charity, then I simply prefer to give away my money to children or animal in need funds, not to Asshatiello Quarterly Bonus Fund...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And sometimes I think you and a few others spend a bit too much time trying to vilify game companies.

They are offering a ton of free content for a game that was released less than a year ago. Quite a few of you clearly think the game is worth your time, but not your money, which makes no sense to me.

Also, I played both DDO and LotRO extensively both as a subscriber and f2p. First off they both didn't go f2p nearly as early as TOR, and secondly they had plenty of limitations. You had to grind out points to purchase things in LotRO, and really you are paying to expand the storyline because of the expansions and adventure packs.

To me it is like this: I think SWTOR had potential. That is why I was subbed. In that time they did not make the impression that they were capable of working towards that potential, instead doing things that were damaging the game. So I unsubbed.

Now they have gone F2P and are trying to get old subs back. That means they have not just got to say "Hey we give you stuff for free", since a lot of former subs had been quite willing to pay a subscription, just not for the state the game was in; they have to prove that the game is sub-worthy after all.

Have they done that? No, not really. I for one suffer from audio corruption that I did not have before. Apparently it is a problem that krept in some time in April and hasn't been fixed yet. So a game that wasted all its budget on audio, has a bug that prevents a lot of players from enjoying the audio...

Add to that, that it seems none of the issues I was unhappy with have really been addressed.

Instead they are pulling a late-night tv telemarketing like move telling me to call now because the first 10 callers will get this set of kitchen knives completly free of charge.

So I for one don't expect to spend either time or money on the game. The F2P conversion did not convince me that this second chance was really it. A shame because the game has potential.

I thought the Champions Online and DC Universe Online F2P conversions were quite good. Enjoyed both games and gave both of them money. Also bought skins in League of Legends because I felt I should give Riot some money.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Heh, well, I don't appreciate much if someone tells me to give my money and bend over, no matter is it a guy by the corner selling hotdogs or a big game company.

You make it sound like I want a free meal. I don't. It's about how I get treated by the company. If I go to a restaurant and get told by the waitress to give my money or get the hell out, I don't think I would stay. Like I just said, I might have re-subbed if I hadn't got immediately the feeling that I'm just a bag of money for them and I better start throwing it or else.

Edited by Slinky

Heh, well, I don't appreciate much if someone tells me to give my money and bend over, no matter is it a guy by the corner selling hotdogs or a big game company.

You make it sound like I want a free meal. I don't. It's about how I get treated by the company. If I go to a restaurant and get told by the waitress to give my money or get the hell out, I don't think I would stay. Like I just said, I might have re-subbed if I hadn't got immediately the feeling that I'm just a bag of money for them and I better start throwing it or else.

You are lucky they didn't charge you for the fact that the waitress took your order ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finally made my way to Denerim. Been mixing up my party formations a bit in order to unlock their personal sidequests. Thus far, only Zevran's doesn't seem to have triggered.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well I gave a brief poke at what you need to do to get the HK-51 companion with the new TOR patch..

So, with one of my level 50 characters I made my way to that new "Section X" on Belsavis, found there's a Heroic (2+) you do to actually get the Companion mission, which ends with giving you a second Heroic (2+) to find schematics... Then that ends with giving you a shopping list of components you need.

Now, it tells you roughly where they are, but thats 5 worlds you need to visit , and then, for the final two components you have to get one via one of the level 50 flashpoints, and the other by doing one of the Revan flashpoints in hard-mode (or at least, The Foundry for the Imperial side. I'm assuming since they talk of Revan having the component it'll be the similar one Republic side).

So it's pretty much non-soloable once you reach for those final two....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finally made my way to Denerim. Been mixing up my party formations a bit in order to unlock their personal sidequests. Thus far, only Zevran's doesn't seem to have triggered.

I've played through DA:O twice and didn't use Zevran at all in either playthrough, not even to do his personal quest. For whatever reason, I really really dislike him.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've played through DA:O twice and didn't use Zevran at all in either playthrough, not even to do his personal quest. For whatever reason, I really really dislike him.
It's the bad Antonio Banderas impersonation and the fact that he looks at my character like he's a piece of meat.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"Really Hurly, sometimes I think you would give money for a man who brakes in to your house and pisses on your cerials, because "he clearly went much trouble getting to my house and should be awarded"

Yeah, because BIO broke into your, forcefully installed KOTOR OL, and amde you play it. Come on. YOU chose to buy the game. YOu chose to play the game. YOU can choose to quit the game.

But, seriously, to compare a game company to a burglar who breaks into your house is abolsutely ridiculous.

"It's the bad Antonio Banderas impersonation"

Antonio Banderas is a bad Antonio Banderas impersonation.

Zevran is eaisly hateable because he has no redeeming qualities. The idiot tries to murder youi. When a stupid drunk dwarf has more depth than you, you are a lost cause. one of BIO's worse characters ever alongside Minsc, and Deekin.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Really Hurly, sometimes I think you would give money for a man who brakes in to your house and pisses on your cerials, because "he clearly went much trouble getting to my house and should be awarded"

Yeah, because BIO broke into your, forcefully installed KOTOR OL, and amde you play it. Come on. YOU chose to buy the game. YOu chose to play the game. YOU can choose to quit the game.

But, seriously, to compare a game company to a burglar who breaks into your house is abolsutely ridiculous.

Of course, but that shouldn't mean I don't have right to give my opinion. Would make this forum so very boring place if that would be so.

And I didn't mean that as a comparison between the two, just made a snark at Hurley.

New Vegas, and Nehrim: At Fate's Edge. Nehrim has awesome atmosphere, it feels like an old fantasy cRPG.

I didn't liked most of Nehrim's quests. They were poorly done or stupid / the pacing was bad. The game world was good looking, though. But just the graphics didn't really saved the game for me. As a mod, it is quite good, though.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Max Payne.

It was fun, although they did make some of the game REDICULOUSLY rough because the guys with body armor pop up with high powered weapons... and you're wearing a business suit. You end up getting murdered a lot, and on the next level you're beating up hoods for two shots each.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.