What are you playing now - the plays the thing

LadyCrimson

Because I'd like to give them to low level chrs. (or more specifically, their pets) sometimes. :p They don't drop frequently enough for it to be reliable to always get a certain spell. 6 low level chrs. and I've had the lvl1 dmg. reflection spell drop once. Yes, I know, it's twinking, but that's what I do in these games sometimes. Shared stash and all. Heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not looking forward to having to replay DAO (for the fifth or sixth time) on any class - which I have to do since the great brain fart of early 12 had me delete those saves. :p

Why do you have to?

Coz I'm OCD and want to have a proper importable save file I've done myself. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Took a break from x-com to play some co-op Bulletstorm and Rage on the weekend. Bulletstorm was unsurprisingly intense, with team challenges for creative kills with every wave.

I'd forgotten how tough Rage baddies can be to kill. Makes using things like remote control bomb cars to accomplish their deaths even more satisfying. Been awhile since I played Rage, and this got me wanting to try the single-player campaign again . With two weeks until the new ME3 DLC, I should have enough time to satisfy that craving.

Also tried out a well designed little tower-defense type game called Toy Soldiers. With a statistic for "highest flying soldier" (as in killed by explosions), we figured it'd be a fun time-waster, and it is. My brother won that competition with a distance of 384 feet.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I am onto Storm of Zehir now, having left MOTB for last. I'd largely forgotten how much I liked some of the ideas behind SoZ and I certainly hope Eternity uses some of the better ones, mainly the overland map exploration as opposed to the OC/ BG style static locations.

I actually enjoyed the OC a lot more than I thought too. Up to the Old Owl Well ain't great, with a trite storyline and repetitive trash mob combat but the last two acts are a lot better in terms of pacing and variation. I still hate the AI though as I find it impossible to get a happy medium where characters won't charge off through multiple traps after a random enemy miles away nor passively stand still and get chopped to pieces.

woke up sunday and decided to start a new game

went to the store got assassins creed 3

got home started it up, 5 hours later: im still doing tutorial missions........

I'll have a verdict on the game once it starts, but i can say for sure that it's only worth picking up if you are an EXTREMELY patient person.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's early on, so maybe it picks up, but I'm not noticing as much party banter with Sten, Zevran, and Wynne in my party as opposed to, say, a combination of Alistair, Leliana, and Morrigan. The only one I've heard so far is Sten and Zevren talking about elves back in Sten's homeland.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've been working through some of the games I'd picked up during steam sales. So far I've worked through Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Kane and Lynch 1 & 2. Trying to decide now whether to play through LA Noir or the Hitman series next.

I am onto Storm of Zehir now, having left MOTB for last.

By the way, not sure you guys have noticed, but Storm of Zehir is becoming QUITE a rarity. MotB and NWN2 are on their way to becoming such too, so I should hurry my a** up and get them eventually

It's probably been about 4-5 months since I last checked out Path of Exile. Thought I'd update it and take a peek again, for a brief moment. After taking what seemed forever to "allocate space", it finally started downloading. Nearly 3GB. Sheesh. At least their servers are fast...going faster than Steam usually does. Still, trying it out might have to wait until tomorrow at this point.

PoE, while some fun initially, still has never felt like "my" game. Can't put a complete finger on why, seems like I should like it. Maybe the humongous tree thingie feels too exhausting to deal with. Maybe their specific top-down angle and rather dreary color scheme annoys me a little (and the first Act is/was still kinda boring...). But they keep making improvements/changes, so I keep hoping one of these days I'll update it, fire it up, and suddenly be entranced. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Playing a bit more XCOM.

Getting close to the end I think...

Assaulting the temple ship. Made easy progress through the first groups of aliens, then got smeared as a soft, red paste on the floors and walls by a gang of Ethereals

:sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well Civ 4 game is done, pretty much, Persia's been broken so badly all of her vassals are breaking free (and promptly being slaughtered by me). Nothing like an unprovoked war of agression, heh, kind of funny to see what a bad state the ME is now, no roads, size 22 cities are now size 1 or 2 :p

Moving on to GK2 now, preparing for some awesome acting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm well into Alpha Protocol now. I did a couple missions in Moscow then went off to Rome and have done every mission except the final one there. Before I finish up in Rome I'll be off to Taipei to mess with Brayko's nose candy. I'll do that whole hub all at once, then back to Moscow, then back to Rome. Other than the one mission in the ruins in Rome where I had to defend the spot until Mina finished working her magic (it took me 3 tries to get past that part), everything else has been a breeze. It's also been really fun. The game is still just as enjoyable as I remember.

Once I finish this up maybe I'll have the stomach to go back to GTA 4 and finish that up. While I'll still be downgrading in terms of combat mechanics, at least it won't be as shocking a step down as trying to go directly from Sleeping Dogs to GTA 4. Either that or I may try to finally finish NWN 2. I can never seem to finish that game. I play it for a while, love it, then like it, then... then I just kind of run out of desire to finish it. It just drags so much in the middle parts. I can use wanting to go on to MotB as motivation though.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There is no preparing for it. Nothing can make you ready for horror of that magnitude.

It would be like preparing to get run over by a train.

Oh come now, it's not that bad. Grace being shrill to Gerde does get a bit painful, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There is no preparing for it. Nothing can make you ready for horror of that magnitude.

It would be like preparing to get run over by a train.

Still doesn't hold a candle to Phantasmagora in terms of horrific acting. ;)

I get chills just thinking about it. :skull:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If I ever win millions with lottery, I will hoard as much copies of FMV games I possibly can, pile them up, set them on fire and dance laughing around it naked.

You could say I have a bit low tolerance for bad acting. Voice acting included.

If I ever win millions with lottery, I will hoard as much copies of FMV games I possibly can, pile them up, set them on fire and dance laughing around it naked.

You could say I have a bit low tolerance for bad acting. Voice acting included.

Don't you DARE burn the Tex Murphy games or I will find you. You hear me? I WILL FIND YOU! :bat::p

I loved Tex Murphy's weird mix or professional actors, Chris Jones' surprisingly decent delivery as Tex himself, and all the over the top cheesetastic "acting" done by programmers and staff. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

ok finally got out of the tutorial for AC3. total length of tutorial was a bit over 6 hours

so far, the actual game part is fun, but the UI is pretty bad, distractingly so in some respects

favorite moment so far: a fort occupied the british needed taking down, one of the tasks required to do so was to slay the general in charge of the fort. after watching the movements of guards and scouring the walls for other ways inside the fort i finally decided to abandon stealth and just go for it. I hit sprint and charged through the gate while a cart was leaving the fort, i ran straight past a group of bewildered soldiers standing in ranks listening to a speech the general was giving, then used the bayonet at the end of the rifle i was carrying to instantly dispatch the general right in front of his 30+ men.

i turned, fired a shot into the crowd of soldiers (who were now charging towards me) threw down the rifle and ran like mad. made it out of the fort and into the woods where i escaped into the trees.

hardly subtle, but extremely dramatic and satisfying.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Does it still do the whole "kill target this way for to get 100% synchronization" thing?

Yes.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

ok finally got out of the tutorial for AC3. total length of tutorial was a bit over 6 hours

so far, the actual game part is fun, but the UI is pretty bad, distractingly so in some respects

favorite moment so far: a fort occupied the british needed taking down, one of the tasks required to do so was to slay the general in charge of the fort. after watching the movements of guards and scouring the walls for other ways inside the fort i finally decided to abandon stealth and just go for it. I hit sprint and charged through the gate while a cart was leaving the fort, i ran straight past a group of bewildered soldiers standing in ranks listening to a speech the general was giving, then used the bayonet at the end of the rifle i was carrying to instantly dispatch the general right in front of his 30+ men.

i turned, fired a shot into the crowd of soldiers (who were now charging towards me) threw down the rifle and ran like mad. made it out of the fort and into the woods where i escaped into the trees.

hardly subtle, but extremely dramatic and satisfying.

magua.jpg

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Does it still do the whole "kill target this way for to get 100% synchronization" thing?

Yes.

And no... :p more often it's more "Do this extra thing during the mission" and less "Dive bomb him!" (so for a hunting mission, you'd get "kill this many creatures" as your main objective, and as your secondaries it might be "use traps on 2, air kill 2, and shoot one". In more of the missions it's more "Don't get detected" or "Rescue three people".

And I think enterix experience kind of encapsulates the entire game. Stealth is a lot harder to pull off, so you just end up being much more open about everything and slaughtering your way through everyone.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

In the first game I had to kill a Templar officer in the middle of a fort. I managed to get to him unseen, then after killing him the entire fort was alerted and I counterattacked about a hundred men to death.

What happened to "Stay hidden or lose synchronization" introduced in the second game?

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.