What are you playing now - the plays the thing

LadyCrimson

Beat Halo 4.

Has a better ending than Mass Effect 3.

Impossible, nothing can beat that shining beacon of story telling and artistic integrity.

What about five different color explosions? FIVE!

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Unleashing my genocidal campaign against the Persians in Civ 4 (why in my Civ games it's always me vs Persia). Luckily, they're not noticing the vast armies of tanks and gunships at their borders. Have to hit a good first strike though, else their SoDs composed of obsolete stuff will push me back.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had a push on Tor. Got my Sith Juggernaut to the end of Chapter 2, and my Jedi Sage through the prologue....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Beat Halo 4.

3685d553299f4b7130f6ef2f4e9a497d.png?1350937655

I just don't know why Microsoft can't partner up with a respectable drink company like Arizona. Or Shiner.

I mean Pepsi? Are they mad?!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just don't know why Microsoft can't partner up with a respectable drink company like Arizona. Or Shiner.

What about:

200px-Fourlokoproducts.jpg?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What about:

200px-Fourlokoproducts.jpg?

Malt liquor? What do you take me for?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Assassins creed 3.

A just punishment for asking "How bad could it be?".

First of all - the entire storyline is a mess.

Story flow is terrible - due to plot-twist in the fist few hours game winds down the pace at the worst possible moment.

Even worse - just as you think tutorials are done with you get put through an entire gauntlet of them.

Literally half of the game consist of introducing some new weapon or open-world concept.

Game is trying to explore the templar order but it has no idea what to really do with it.

It cannot make up it's mind if they are well-meaning but misguided or straight-out mustache-twirling villains out to rule the world.

This affects the present-day sections of the storyline the worst.

The resolutions they provide are unsatisfying at best and complete nonsense at worst.

Add to that a protagonist that is so detached he might as well be autistic / hefty dose of nationalistic bias / good deal of Washington worship and you end up with a recipe for a disaster.

Gameplay suffers badly from being cut-down way too far.

Climbing in particular has been simplified to remove any challenge and even the regular rooftop running is only occasionally of any use.

Most of the time you are better off trading your parkour for a horse.

But the absolute worst part about the game is mission/level design by far.

It has become so simplified and formulaic that the game gets dull within just a couple hours.

That's mostly because there is absolutely nothing on offer approaching the challenge or complexity of regular AC2 missions let alone things like assassins tombs.

By far the worst offender is the lengthy 'Homestead' mission-line which is essentially an utterly wretched piece of community melodrama with very little gameplay to be found.

Of course that mission-line is essential if you hope to make any money off your property.

But since that requires the use of a terrible interface it ends up very effort-intensive and about as enjoyable as real accounting.

The only good things I can say about AC3 is that naval missions are quite tolerable and certainly preferable over the tower defense found in AC:Revelations and that game pays some attention to folklore.

I guess the presentation values may also be considered above average.

TLDR: Avoid like the plague.

Edited by pmp10

Not playing much at the moment and when I do, it's mostly XCOM.

I've been diverting a bit of my precious spare time to add some paint jobs to two of my Warhammer armies (Skaven and Empire) after "completing" them with some OOP models purchased on ebay.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished Assassin's creed relevations. The over-the-top James Bond "catch the villain" sequence just before the end managed to elevate the game above Assassin's creed 2 in quality.

The supernatural nonsense wasn't as bad as I had expected either. Assassin's creed: the Patriot will have to drop very low in price before I ever touch it, though.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I don't know what's wrong with people to insist so much on playing the AC games. The first one was garbage, and when the first game in the series is crap you don't even give the second one the time of day (generally). Yet they did, even though no one (honest) said no 2 was more than good/very good... And now this. Who is surprised that AC3 is mediocre?

Power of propaganda or something.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I don't know what's wrong with people to insist so much on playing the AC games. The first one was garbage, and when the first game in the series is crap you don't even give the second one the time of day (generally). Yet they did, even though no one (honest) said no 2 was more than good/very good... And now this. Who is surprised that AC3 is mediocre?

Power of propaganda or something.

Or maybe not everyone agrees that first one was garbage?

AC1 was a beautiful game in a great setting that let me explore a fascinating time in history. That being said, it grew repetitive after a number of hours and I never finished it. Because of this, I held off on buying AC2 until recently. AC2 is still a beautiful game in a great setting that lets me explore a fascinating time in history, but it has removed the repetition. That's good.

I couldn't play the first AC game for more than six hours and I generally like conspiracy stuff, AC2 hooked me for much longer but I never completed it, the overarching story feels so convoluted and needlessly twisty, loved the climbing mechanics and puzzles though.

God knows if I'll play AC3, probably but only when it's on sale...

Had a wander on the public test server of ToR. Interesting to see how the "Cartel" is set up for when they shift to free-to-play and wotnot.

Edit: From the looks of it, free-to-play gives you the class storylines, but pretty much cuts down access to flashpoints, warzones (pvp) and operations.

You can use micro-transactions to buy Cartel Coins which you can use to buy things from the Cartel which include more access to those three, plus a small horde of other things. Also a way of buying access to various Legacy perks, other gear, and assorted things.

Subscribers will get an amount of Cartel Coins each month as is, and automatic access to all the things they've grown used to...

And there was something else I was going to mention, but it's slipped from my mind. Ah well, maybe I'll edit it in later when it jumps back...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'd have finished Torchlight2 with one character by now, if I wasn't such a collector of unique/sets/useful items and thus keep getting distracted by making new mule chrs. I hate inadequate aRPG inventories. ;) And then I start playing the mules a little, so they can wear more gear, distracting me further....

But at least it means that for me, TL2 definitely got the items right. Well, mostly. In some ways, my fave item concept is still Diablo1...altho this is probably partly from nostalgia from all those weeks/months of hunting for that perfect Zodiac ring, King's Sword of Haste, random shrines to make that 1 durability Thinking Cap usable, etc. Sockets, legendaries, 50 different item sets are great and all, but sometimes, keeping it basic & simple works very well too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well enjoying smashing Persia to bits, rather nice start to the push - killed 2.8 million of his men, pushed him out of Arabia and Western Russia and took all his oil. Going to pass some time playing GK2 this weekend as well, long list of untouched GOG games.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra