Mass Effect 3

From a Casey Hudson's tweet:

Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game.

Wow, it took them 2 games to make him gay. I gotta commend them on their self control, as i'm sure that the Phoenix armor was scrapped from an earlier gayer design and they are only making Shepard as the writers intended on the first place.

Really BW is taking this gay friendly thing a bit too far.

The ball is rolling. No more sexes left. Mass Effect 4 will include romancable quadrupeds and molluscs.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

My Shep will go for a Garrus/Tali three-some.

I wonder how Liara would respond to that (sadly I couldn't nuke her too as a means to say "no") :bat:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'll continue my trend of saying "No" in the bluntest way possible to any crewmate who expresses an interest.

My two favorite dialogue-wheel choices in the ME story so far:

1) ME1, Liara asks how Joker can make jokes about life-or-death situations. Wheel option: "He's a jerk."

2) ME2, Kelly says "Please, call me Kelly." Wheel option: "No."

Unless there is a romancable Elcor and Hanar, this game is dead to me!

With the sheer number of potential returning characters this game, I think it'd be cooler if we'd almost skip recruiting characters entirely. Now, I know that isn't completely possible as your team could have been entirely wiped out by the end of ME2, but for once I'd like to just jump in and go rather than run around the citadel or various planets finding my squadmates. And with Earth in such dire situation at the start of the game, the recruiting phase has story reason for brevity.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like DA2 where everyone is Gay...errr...I mean bi...

Truthfully, I loved ME2 and enjoyed ME1...but DA2 was such a disaster ME3 really is Bio's last chance. If they screw this one up...well they can cater to the gay guys all they want...hope they like that 10% of the population instead of the other 90% (actually probably will still appeal to many...but if they make as many screw ups as they did with DA2...I think a majority won't forgive them the second time around).

Seriously, if they screw ME3 up, they go down as one of those publishers for me to stay away from until they actually prove they can make games again.

It's pink.

And we all know that gay people like pink.

It's very feminine.

Although TBH even women look ridiculous in it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

To be fair, the whole "pink being non-masculine" is a relatively recent phenomena. Well, basically it kicked in in the last.. 60-70 years.

Hell, during the victorian era boys were more likely to be dressed in stuff with pink to it then some other more "male" colors.

End run of random trivia. o:)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

but if they make as many screw ups as they did with DA2...I think a majority won't forgive them the second time around.

They forgave them after Neverwinter Nights and Mass Effect 1. Which are both far worse games than DA2. In fact, some people praise them for those games.

I don't think it'll change anything.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

To be fair, the whole "pink being non-masculine" is a relatively recent phenomena. Well, basically it kicked in in the last.. 60-70 years.

Hell, during the victorian era boys were more likely to be dressed in stuff with pink to it then some other more "male" colors.

The today situation is even a complete reversal, seeing that blue was seen as a feminine color and not the symbol of masculinity that it is today.

but if they make as many screw ups as they did with DA2...I think a majority won't forgive them the second time around.

They forgave them after Neverwinter Nights and Mass Effect 1. Which are both far worse games than DA2. In fact, some people praise them for those games.

How's ME1 worse than DA2?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

If DA2 also included a terribly designed horse riding segment, it would be precisely as bad as ME1.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So.. they've now released Mass Effect Genesis for the PC and Xbox.. basically a 15 minute or so "digital comic" that retells the story of ME, and gives you the option of selecting the key choices that effect ME2.

And yes, they're charging for it. Although it amounts to about $4.

Is it me, or is that starting to scrape the barrel just a wee bit? :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So.. they've now released Mass Effect Genesis for the PC and Xbox.. basically a 15 minute or so "digital comic" that retells the story of ME, and gives you the option of selecting the key choices that effect ME2.

Next on their to do list: "Save Bioware from themselves telethon" If they reach the mark they will do good games again.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Maybe. Or their deal with Sony could prevent them from releasing it for nought. I'd say a lot of PS3ers would whine, as is the tendency of gamers. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There are things I didn't like in ME1, but overall, it kicked ass. It was pretty good. I stopped playing it because I got bored, but it was still good (many good games I haven't even finished). ME1 was a good game.

DA2...not so much...for multiple reasons.

How's ME1 worse than DA2?

It's not. I've been a pretty hardcore Bio fan and gotten just about everything they've released. I figured out the cheat codes for NWN as was the one who opened that barrel, along with figuring out the cheats for KoToR (though tagged along another person who posted them about a few minutes prior to me).

I would say Bio has NEVER released anything that was really all that bad up until DA2. DA2 simply flaunted some terrible design choices, and overall shoddy workmanship in my opinion. In addition, they are catering overly too much to a minority of gameplayers, which while may build them up in special interest groups, in the end I imagine could lose them the majority of their audience if they keep it up.

For me, they'll probably lose me if they do a repeat of DA2 with ME3...or do something similarly as spectacularly terrible with ME3.

I would say Bio has NEVER released anything that was really all that bad up until DA2. DA2 simply flaunted some terrible design choices, and overall shoddy workmanship in my opinion. In addition, they are catering overly too much to a minority of gameplayers, which while may build them up in special interest groups, in the end I imagine could lose them the majority of their audience if they keep it up.

For me, they'll probably lose me if they do a repeat of DA2 with ME3...or do something similarly as spectacularly terrible with ME3.

I would say that they are just trying to cater to a minority of gameplayers. Considering that aside from sexual orientation i'm not all that different from my gay friends, I would say that they would put gameplay and quality over a same sex romance with an A.I. (that doesn't even have good lines to top it all off).

BW simply got stuck to far up their own **** from all the people praising them, which being as they are they continue to do so despite all the faults in DA2.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think they just do it because it gets them the most amount of notice per workhour.

They've been doing romances for several games now, and people still talk about them like they're a major part of the game - even people who claim to not be interested in them. That's easy press, if I ever saw one.

I think they just do it because it gets them the most amount of notice per workhour.

They've been doing romances for several games now, and people still talk about them like they're a major part of the game - even people who claim to not be interested in them. That's easy press, if I ever saw one.

As even this thread proves again.

Frankly, just another bunch of complaints directed at Bioware I don't understand. I'm not going to play as a gay male (in this game or any probably any other), but for that option to be there is definitely no skin off my back.

BW simply got stuck to far up their own **** from all the people praising them, which being as they are they continue to do so despite all the faults in DA2.

Is it Bioware are arrogant because they are successful, or they MUST be arrogant because they have been successful? :lol: I haven't seen them release anything since DA2, so I'm not sure how yow can already call them out for not learning anything?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif