Mass Effect 3

The fact that most opponents are going to be husk variants shouldn't exactly be a surprise at this stage, and I'm not sure what the problem even is.

Right, husks.

When I read that I was more thinking mechanized foes. And went... WHAT?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yeah, the Cerberus' intentions thing seems a little odd. But I'm sure I'll get some explanation that will mollify me when I'm playing the game only to reemerge when I'm done and reflecting upon it.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Maybe they got taken over by some Reaper mind control thing. Yeah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My 'why not' guess explanation: TIM has always been on the side of the Reapers. But the Reapers aren't monolithic. The Reaper handling the Collectors was part of a splinter group, going off the reservation with their "human reaper" experiments. TIM, allied with the main horde, was working towards the same goal via a different path-- making Shep into badass zombie cyborg. That he could test this badass zombie cyborg by using it to capture/destroy the work of a rival Reaper faction was a nice bonus. There is, as I see it, a certain similarity between both the Collectors' and Cerberus' pre-ME2 activities (sampling different weird galactic species and experimenting on them, etc.).

Still, bring me MIRANDA'S AZZ!

One of those few occasions I agree with Volo.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

My 'why not' guess explanation: TIM has always been on the side of the Reapers. But the Reapers aren't monolithic. The Reaper handling the Collectors was part of a splinter group, going off the reservation with their "human reaper" experiments. TIM, allied with the main horde, was working towards the same goal via a different path-- making Shep into badass zombie cyborg. That he could test this badass zombie cyborg by using it to capture/destroy the work of a rival Reaper faction was a nice bonus. There is, as I see it, a certain similarity between both the Collectors' and Cerberus' pre-ME2 activities (sampling different weird galactic species and experimenting on them, etc.).

Ah yes, makes sense. It's the faction that wants to build bigger and bigger reapers versus the faction that wants to build small, flexible Sheperd sized reapers. He is the 'prototype' without knowing it, getting pitted against the evolutionary dinosaurs of Reaperdom. There can be only one :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ah yes, makes sense. It's the faction that wants to build bigger and bigger reapers versus the faction that wants to build small, flexible Sheperd sized reapers. He is the 'prototype' without knowing it, getting pitted against the evolutionary dinosaurs of Reaperdom. There can be only one :blink:

I think you guys just cracked the plot twist to the game. :x

From a Casey Hudson's tweet:

Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game.

Hm and here I thought there weren't going to be any romances as such in ME3, just fallout from romances in the previous two games..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game.

Hm and here I thought there weren't going to be any romances as such in ME3, just fallout from romances in the previous two games..

Those articles were from before the game was pushed back 3-6 months. Things are subject to more change than normal...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite gay club on the Citadel! :)

I'm Commander Shepard, I've banged Miranda and now I am gay, kthxbye.

/Edit: What I hate a lot is that it seems like Mass Effect is all about it's romances by now. Seriously. I don't want to play action-Sims.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm Commander Shepard, I've banged Miranda and now I am gay, kthxbye.

/Edit: What I hate a lot is that it seems like Mass Effect is all about it's romances by now. Seriously. I don't want to play action-Sims.

Oh come on, it's like 3 % of the released info, if even that. For some reason gamers (and other people on the boards who don't deserve that moniker) just make a fuss out of it, probably just so that they could complain about it. Out of my ME2 game time, roughly 0,45 % was spent on romances. :)

For some reason gamers (and other people on the boards who don't deserve that moniker) just make a fuss out of it,

Most likely this. So far the only things I've heard about ME3 are that you can shoot stuff, it will be more streamlined for the mass (but with more rpg in it) and that you can bang even more stuff now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

For some reason gamers (and other people on the boards who don't deserve that moniker) just make a fuss out of it,

Most likely this. So far the only things I've heard about ME3 are that you can shoot stuff, it will be more streamlined for the mass (but with more rpg in it) and that you can bang even more stuff now.

And apparently they're aiming to make Biotics useful again... I guess we'll have to see how it'll go.

Wow, it took them 2 games to make him gay. I gotta commend them on their self control, as i'm sure that the Phoenix armor was scrapped from an earlier gayer design and they are only making Shepard as the writers intended on the first place.

Really BW is taking this gay friendly thing a bit too far.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You homophobe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow, it took them 2 games to make him gay. I gotta commend them on their self control, as i'm sure that the Phoenix armor was scrapped from an earlier gayer design and they are only making Shepard as the writers intended on the first place.

Really BW is taking this gay friendly thing a bit too far.

Shepard is only gay if you play it like that? I'm not really seeing the problem. I could even play the devil's advocate and say that the straight-friendly content went too far already.

P.S. : Not surprised that people didn't complain when FemShep was lesbian. :)

Hm, and I don't know if this has been picked up on, but in a gameinformer podcast q&a about ME3 they mention that characters can start at the maxed out level 30 (if they ended ME2 at that level) and it proceeds from there. So no reset to powerlessness.

Skills will be increased in length, and the "alternate" options for skill ranks will happen multiple times.

Ah, and the whole "human reaper" thing, isn't that bizarre. The logic is.. all reapers have something like that (in the form of some race they've blatted) as the "core" being, inside the shipshell we all know and recognise ala Sovereign / Harbringer.

Heh, so now there's some in-game-logic (so to speak) of the weirdness that was that. :)

Shepard is only gay if you play it like that? I'm not really seeing the problem. I could even play the devil's advocate and say that the straight-friendly content went too far already.

P.S. : Not surprised that people didn't complain when FemShep was lesbian. :)

Options in a role playing game?! Go back under your bridge, troll! ;)

I hope they take advantage of this to create a more clear friendship path with teammates, getting into multiple "hell hath no fury" situations by just being nice to girls seems too much like real life. :p