What are you playing now

Gorth

Put Just Cause 2 on for the weekend.. some fun explosions.. but the habit of hitting space for a handbreak is really ingrained... so I keep meaning to do handbreak turns and end up parachuting out....

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Be sure to take a ride on one of those upright gas canisters, aim the grapple at the top part and then shoot it.

more League of Legends

pretty much got together the same crew i played DotA with from time to time, and we're playing a couple of games most nights to try out all the new stuff

so far i'm really liking Tristana :x

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I forgot how much GoG's version of Divine Divinity crashes the more saves you have or over time after a lot of quick-save/quick-reloads, even if you regularly delete those files so game will make new ones. Also, it randomly crashes in specific places and frequently when I try to fight in Vest. sewers. Not sure if that's a graphic issue (the spells monsters use) or what. Usually restarting/reloading means I can continue for a while but it's aggravating. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Put Just Cause 2 on for the weekend.. some fun explosions.. but the habit of hitting space for a handbreak is really ingrained... so I keep meaning to do handbreak turns and end up parachuting out....

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Be sure to take a ride on one of those upright gas canisters, aim the grapple at the top part and then shoot it.

It's one thing to do it when you want to do a crazy stunt thing.. but when you're chasing someone in a car ahead of you... they take a sharp corner.. you react automatically by trying to do a handbreak turn to follow them.. but forget to hit x instead of space and go flying off in some other direction....

It's got a mix of fun and some annoyance factors.. But wide open and crazy explosions count for the good :)

Plus it's a damn pretty island...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Guys, I need help. I'm thinking about buying either a PSP or a NDS, only I'm a little out of my depth. I haven't handheld since the Game Gear ...fifty years ago! So, does anyone have any recommendations? Any specific thoughts on which console you prefer? Which has the better show of RPGs? Any advice is welcome.

I owned the PSP for awhile, and I didn't find many of the games very engaging. The philosophy seemed to be "take PS2 games and put them on a handheld." While this might be good for some, I prefer less intensive games for a handheld. I want games that I can pick up for ten minutes and set back down easily. The DS was perfect for that, and I own one now. Lots of puzzle and casual games, and a few really good strategy and RPG titles.

So I recommend the DS wholeheartedly.

I also thought I'd watch movies on the PSP, but now my phone is practically as good at filling that role.

Like Hurlshot I owned a PSP, well I still have it but that's mainly because I haven't bothered selling it, and didn't use it as much as I thought I would. Sure, it's a nice system but the library of games in a bit weak and the overall cost-to-gain ratio was alot less than I had hoped for.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The only worth I see in owning a PSP nowadays is if you're interested in the six Falcom games being localised by Xseed (this statement has been echoed by others). If not, get a DS. Games like Dragon Quest IX justify it IMO.

Guys, I need help. I'm thinking about buying either a PSP or a NDS, only I'm a little out of my depth. I haven't handheld since the Game Gear ...fifty years ago! So, does anyone have any recommendations? Any specific thoughts on which console you prefer? Which has the better show of RPGs? Any advice is welcome.

I got both handhelds, and i play PSP more... The only reason for me to purchase it was Dissidia, and i do not regret it... 240+ hours of playtime well spent :ermm:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

LoL playaz: Free Cho'Gath here

Does it work for EU client aswell? And if yes, can you unlock the skin, if you have not unlocked the hero yet?

I'm on EU and it worked, also technically you get the skin, but the hero unlocks as well. Dunno if it's a bug, oversight or intentional, but that's the way it is.

I doubt it's a bug, they also did it with the Facebook Tristana skin and that also got you both the skin and champion.

Yay, thanks for the reminder :ermm: Got Tristana unlocked aswell :o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Space Rangers 2. This game is great! :ermm:

How come I've never heard about it before :o

Besides kicking Dominator butt, upgrading my vessel with a mix of human, allied alien and salvaged tech, I managed to beat The Vulture at his own game and I'm now the fishing champion of the galaxy (with fishing trophy and all).

Started to accumulate a bit of money too, so I'm shopping around for a larger hull for my equipment. Need to find the correct combination of size, availably weapon slots and minimun a slot for a shield generator and a grabber each.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

DS, I love my PSP but unless you really like the games on it, its worthless, The DS has many, many games, chances are you will find some you like, I recommend the DS Lite because it is cheap and features of the newer version are not being taken advantage of. If you want the best of both worlds I suggest waiting for a 3DS, its practically a new console with backwards compatibility for DS titles(no Gameboy cardtridge slot)Nintendo is remaking some N64 games for it(Starfox, Ocarina of Time) and companies have announced remakes of next generation games. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

Its only missing a phone; I already have a DS lite, a next gen console and an N64 so I don't find it very usefull.

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

DOW2 : Chaos Rising, again. Thinking about getting Castles II from GOG too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Assassin's Creed II

"An Internet connection is required to play this game. Failed to connect to the Ubisoft master servers. Please verify that your Internet connection is functional and try again."

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"An Internet connection is required to play this game. Failed to connect to the Ubisoft master servers. Please verify that your Internet connection is functional and try again."

Just do what everyone else does: use the offline crack.

Just beat Alpha Protocol. Sorry for doubting Obsidian. It has a few rough spots, (one defense scenario comes to mind) but otherwise it might be the best game I played this year.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just plumbing through my mega-BG playthrough (the 239th one).

Tried to use NPCs I don't normally use, but really, it's no contest - some characters are just too boring (Valygar, Cernd), while taking Aerie is like admitting you like destroying your own brain cells. nevertheless went for PC (Wild Mage), Keldorn, Jaheira, Minsc, Anomen and Jan. used mods to get greater control over their proficiencies, sticking Minsc on bow duty while Keldorn and Jaheira go up. Ideally the two divine casters will keep the smarter and better outfitted SCS mages off my back.

Nearing the end of Chapter 2, having done most of the sidequests avaialble - now tackling the Unseeing Eye. Beholders really piss me off because their fast rate of attack means I never know what's going on and who's making what saves, then bam you have people turned to stone (which often breaks NPC scripts). Even worse, I made a mistake andi nstalled a mod component which allows beholders to disarm your Shield of Balduran. Blargh.

Still continues to amaze me how absolutely chocked with quests this game is, as well as pretty good reward distribution, enemy differentiation, visual differentiation, etc - especially with some mods.

I was playing Dragon Age: Awakening, but the design bugs/idiocies got me. Should restart, but can't be bothered right now. Pity, it's a lot better than the basic game.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Tigranes, next time try it with the player character, Imoen + your own party Icewind Dale style (i.e. create a MP game and cut-and-paste it into your SP folder).

This is a hell of a lot of fun, because you can bash the game up with a custom-built twink squad and try out all those classes you've heard so much about (I did it with a Kensai / Mage twink build, the notorious dual-classed Beserker Cleric, a Cavalier which is twinkier than a twinky covered in glitter and a Ranger / Cleric. Even with lots of mods and challenges it was hot knife through butter time and lots of fun.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Tried to use NPCs I don't normally use, but really, it's no contest - some characters are just too boring (Valygar, Cernd), while taking Aerie is like admitting you like destroying your own brain cells. nevertheless went for PC (Wild Mage), Keldorn, Jaheira, Minsc, Anomen and Jan. used mods to get greater control over their proficiencies, sticking Minsc on bow duty while Keldorn and Jaheira go up. Ideally the two divine casters will keep the smarter and better outfitted SCS mages off my back.

No matter what I originally plan to do in BG2, I always wind up with Minsc, Jaheira, Viconia, Nalia and Imoen. Unless I'm cheesing out with a sorcerer. :(

Guess Vicky just limits options too much, and can't play without her. *longing sigh* :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm gonna do my best and resist installing all my IE games again. Keep telling myself Starcraft 2 will be out tomorrow.

I usually play with a rolling group of characters. I usually pick up Keldorn then let him go at the end of his personal quest. Korgan I keep around if I'm playing an evil character. Aerie I just leave in the tent. Jaheira I escape the dungeon with and usually keep her until the end of the game, but don't romance. Last time I played there was this mod that allowed you to resurrect Khalid after the final battle in ToB, which I happily did. I always thought they made a great pair. Valygar I pick up for his quest then usually drop. Likewise with Cernd, Anomen, Nalia, Mazzy and Haer Dalis. I never found them too interesting. Minsc and Boo are always there. Yoshimo I usually take to Spellhold for storyline purposes. I usually end up with PC, Imoen, Viconia, Edwin, Minsc and Jaheira. (I use mods so that Minsc and Edwin don't go at it.) Hmm..who did I miss...ah, Jan Jansen I sometimes take in place of Imoen, but usually Imoen wins out. I switch between bringing Jaheira and Sarevok in ToB according to the area I'm visiting.

Damnit, I'm installing again. Curse you Tigranes!

Edited by Azure79

No matter what I originally plan to do in BG2, I always wind up with Minsc, Jaheira, Viconia, Nalia and Imoen. Unless I'm cheesing out with a sorcerer. :(

Guess Vicky just limits options too much, and can't play without her. *longing sigh* :p

I think I've completed BG2 with most characters except 2 (Cernd and Jan). Both because their "personalities" get on my nerves. BG2TOB is a different matter, I think I've only ever completed it twice. It suffers from the same problem as MotB, highlevel cheese just isn't fun. Fun usually stops somewhere around level 15 (give or take a few levels).

Still playing Space Ranger 2. Getting sort of decent at it. Still dies regularly and wonder why I keep forgetting that there is no autosave :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I beat TOB once.

I also beat BG1 once (and had to cheat to do that... :( )

Got a bit further in Lego Harry Potter over the weekend.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man