What are you playing now

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Started a game of Space Rangers 2 (bought SPR2 and Space Rangers 2 - Reboot on a sale)

Sort of like a turn based Elite. Managed to get myself killed during the tutorial. Yay me :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

BG1, just about to go investigate the Iron Throne, with Tutu and a host of mods.

The Grey Clan is probably one of the most 'extensive' quest/combat based BG1 mod out there - I can ignore the horrendously bad voice acting (actually unlistenable), but couple of the battles are pretty whacky. Just had a boss who summons 3 waves of magic resistant battle horrors, and then two mages who contingency with invisibility, minor globe of invulnerability, mirror image and a couple others, then can cast up to level 7 spells (Power Word stun, Flesh to Stone) if given the chance. :/

Of course, the king of vanilla BG1 challenges is Aec'Letec...

Just Cause 2, damn it's fun. The grappling hook is great, never get tired of using that on chasing cars. Pity the trainer causes it to crash every 30 minutes or so.

Are you using BOLOpatch? I didn't have any problems with it.

Company of Heroes Online, which will be free to play (no doubt with lots of DLC) goes live in September.

This is the good bit though, if being griefed by pro-smurfs all day isn't your bag, is that the single-player campaign (The original 15 mission USA Normandy one) ships free too. Given that it's possibly the best WW2 RTS ever, that is an astonishing opportunity, it still looks and plays great.

BG2 used to work fine, to be honset it might be all the mods including Widescreen.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Playing ME2:LCR SE made me want to play all old adventure games again. Loom, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Beneath A steel sky and maybe even Toonstruck are next.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The Lord of the Rings Online Beta - it's been fun so far. That's really about all I can say since testers are technically under a NDA.

That's odd, since the game has been out for years. I take it you are playing the new free 2 play stuff?

Red Alert, ah Westwood.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still playing Half Life.

I have the feeling that it already reached its peak an hour or two ago, and that now it's dragging.

And I haven't even reached Xen yet.

And how far are you?

Forget about Freeman chapter/section.

You're about to reach the Lambda Complex, which I love, but yeah game is extremely long.

Are you going to move on to Half Life 2 and the episodes after you're done with HL?

Are you going to move on to Half Life 2 and the episodes after you're done with HL?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I've finished it right now (the Lambda Complex broke my poor gamer heart, since I wasn't able to save the guard that helped me.. as for Xen, it was every bit the mess they described me, those damn jump puzzles...), and I can understand why it was revolutionary at the time, and though it hasn't aged perfectly, it was still great fun to play and had some genuinely brilliant pieces of level design.

Right now, I'll either start with HL2 + episodes or being a Gothic 2 playthrough.

I'll think about it a bit.

"Hey, Mr Freeman, here you go! You're my hero!!!"

*flying mixers of lacerating doom enter room*

"Gaaaah!!!!! Get out Mr Freeman, while you still can"

"AAARGGHH!!!"

Painkiller > Half Life 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.