What are you playing now

Gorth

Company of Heroes is on sale at Steam, couldn't resist the price. It's -75% off so the Gold version costs whopping 3.74

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finished the Secret Armory of General Knoxx (I think that's what it's called). I'm still using a level 25 revolve at level 43. Because it does 355 damage a shot and has 98 accuracy. Everything else I come across has 250-270 damage and 95 accuracy. I think the reason it's only level 25 is because it has only 2 shots. It's still not quite as good as my 7x74 shotgun revolver, though.

Good snipers are hard to come by. And I keep selling my Eridian weapons by accident.

...was it good? I stopped playing Borderlands for now. I blame Fallout.

Been playing Fallout 1 and 2 nonstop since about last week, haven't played anything else for days.

Feels nice. Finished FO last night. Starting FO2 tonight.

I really enjoyed it. I was overlevelled for almost the entire time, though, so it was a breeze.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've really got to get back into Borderlands again. I dunno why but it always gets put on the back burner for something else.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I really enjoyed it. I was overlevelled for almost the entire time, though, so it was a breeze.

I heard it was really really hard even at high levels. heh.

I started it at level 50 on the second playthrough and it was tough, but not overly so. It had a good level of challenge.

Tale, have you played the whole thing solo? I was using a level 19 Combat Rifle until around level 46. I picked it up while playing in a 4 person game. Other guys could beat it in damage, but nothing had the full package of accuracy (95ish), fire rate (13.0) and bonuses to accuracy, recoil and reload speed.

I've been playing solo. I still think it's the 2 bullets and complete lack of zoom. I find some with even 1.0 zoom listed and 6 bullets is generally the minimum. Nothing has ever beaten it (blue level 25) for damage and only few beat it for accuracy. Except my purple shotgun revolver which is like level 34. With great zoom on the shotgun revolver. I can practically snipe with it.

Edited by Tale

Finally finished downloading the FFXIV beta and started it up... First impressions are OK, the character creation is pretty fun. You have the races from FFXI basically but with different names and lore to fit into this new world. There is much more customization, some races appear to have a couple of "clans" to choose from and so forth. Fun.

Also, in FFXI the jobs were all geared towards combat. In FFXIV, stuff like fishermen, miners, the various crafting stuff are apparently all considered jobs of their own which I really dig. I started as a fisherman.

But when you start playing... Jesus, it's such a clunk-fest. Now, I played FFXI for a long time and it was clunky as hell and I dealt with it. But, this much time later and for a new game... Wow, I can't believe they couldn't create a half-decent interface. Furthermore, the performance is pretty poor. Loading times are bad. There is a really noticeable wait when you bring up a new interface element, such as when you when you want to buy/sell something from a store.

Perhaps worst of all... The starting city I chose is not really boring-looking visually speaking, it's also terrible to navigate.

I'm not really sure whether MMORPGs have made great strides in usability and such since FFXI first came out (though I think it was known to be kinda clunky even in the MMORPG field) but FFXIV sure didn't leave a good impression from what little I saw. Of course, it's a beta and yaddayadda, but...

Guess I'll try it some more tomorrow but it doesn't feel particularly good so far.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I think that's definitely part of it, yeah. But usually, even for the classic "console port interfaces", it still feels fairly usable on a PC. For this game, I just have no idea what the designers could've been thinking. I think it might feel better with a controller but even then it's pretty bad and most of all, unintuitive. Ah well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I've been playing solo. I still think it's the 2 bullets and complete lack of zoom. I find some with even 1.0 zoom listed and 6 bullets is generally the minimum. Nothing has ever beaten it (blue level 25) for damage and only few beat it for accuracy. Except my purple shotgun revolver which is like level 34. With great zoom on the shotgun revolver. I can practically snipe with it.

I don't know if ''The Blister'' is a random drop, but when I picked it up in Borderlands the game was pretty much over. It had x4 Poison damage, 6 shots and pretty much killed anything in one shot.

Elemental weapons are ridiculous, revolvers as well, getting a combo of both is just great.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Started up Dragon Age Origins to play all the DLC I've missed out on and refresh my memory for the final DLC. Decided I would start with the DLCs that give bonus items in the main game, first up is Leliana's Song. And I encountered a bug that makes it impossible to finish. Instead of troubleshooting specifics, I'm reinstalling everything just so I won't have to deal with possible conflicts later on. This will take over 6 hours.

Edited by Tale

I wub Dragon Age. Just sitting at the title screen makes me giddy like a school girl.

Edited by Tale

Deathwatch was supposed to be taking up my time, but not out yet, so...playing TA.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This will take over 6 hours.

Wut? Why would reinstalling game + DLC + patched take 6 hours?

Because that's what Steam claimed would be the download speed for Origins + Awakening. But apparently it was wrong.

It bases it off the speed at the second you look at it... so one minute it could be 20 seconds, then you flick on a quick image download and it goes to 100 hrs.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.