What are you playing now

Gorth

I'm thinking of picking up the THQ pack over Steam. It's $10 more than just buying Dawn of War II Gold and Metro 2033, the two games I particularly want. But I'll also get a bunch of other games I might like.

Any opinions on the games in the pack?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm thinking of picking up the THQ pack over Steam. It's $10 more than just buying Dawn of War II Gold and Metro 2033, the two games I particularly want. But I'll also get a bunch of other games I might like.

Company of Heroes is pure awesome, Red Faction: Guerrilla is a really fun and unique romp and Saints Row 2 is pants on head crazy in a good way.

Other stuff is so-so or crap(or Titan Quest).

Divine Divinity 1.005a, feels great to be able to play it in high res. At the same time is pretty annoying, especially when you have to light candles,... pixel hunting at its worst. And i don't want to lower the res :/&

edit: huh it's not any different on lower resolutions. huh. must be the mouse then. <_<

There's something a little off about the mouse-clicking in the game. You/I aren't the only ones to notice. Hard to explain it...most of the time it seems fine, but then it just...doesn't. >_<

Also... version 1.005a? I think mine is 1.004a (has the hi-res also). Did u buy on GOG? Can I download the new version from there if I already purchased it? (Hmm. Their page doesn't say what version I'd be downloading...) (edit: nvm, I found the forum thread. Have to uninstall, DL, reinstall).

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Company of Heroes is pure awesome, Red Faction: Guerrilla is a really fun and unique romp and Saints Row 2 is pants on head crazy in a good way.

I already have Guerilla (free from a promotion with Darksiders). What's so good about Saints Row 2? I'm kind of sick of GTA sandbox games.

Do you have an opinion on DoW 2 and Metro 2033?

Since I couldn't figure what else to re-play, I decided to dust off my old XBox and throw in Jade Empire. I guess nostalgia made me remember the graphics as being better than they actually are.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I already have Guerilla (free from a promotion with Darksiders). What's so good about Saints Row 2? I'm kind of sick of GTA sandbox games.

Do you have an opinion on DoW 2 and Metro 2033?

Saint's Row 2 is a GTA turned up to eleven with none of the melodramatic story, refer to the Zero Punctuation review

I have only played the DoW 2 demo, but it's basically a strategy game lite with no base building and pretty heavy RPG elements like choosing your 5(?) member squad, equipping them and leveling them up. The single player campaign has lots of side missions and whatnot. From what I remember the gameplay is very good if you like to micromanage a few units with multiple abilities instead of managing economy/multiple armies etc... No personal experience with the multiplayer, but it's supposedly good.

As for Metro 2033, I've watched a let's play of the whole thing. The best way to describe it would be to imagine STALKER polished up to western standards complete with tight corridors, pretty graphics, a relatively short(and linear) campaign and a general lack of gamestopping bugs. That is not to say it loses the weird badly voiced, atmospheric and weird game mechanic filled feel of an Eastern European game. Probably not worth the full price, but certainly worth playing if you can get it with a pack.

@Majek: What's wrong with 1.13?

Speaking of Steam packs, I'd get the Valve pack if you haven't played HL2 and/or like multiplayer or the id Super Pack which is just plain awesome.

Edited by Purkake

It ended up being just a collection of various "mods" of dubious quality merged together. The thought "Every idea for a mod is a good idea" started to prevail and balance suffered greatly, because every new piece of code was written just to benefit the player in some way and mess up everything in the process. Than there was this irrational idea that more guns make the game better, but at least Starwalker tried to contain that and balance the stats as best as he could. Add some irresponsible coders that volunteered to help but then messed up the code and just vanished afterward. Sure good features were and still are being added but i see no real future in it, unless they actually find some serious people that greatly improved the AI and everything else concerning the enemy.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Since I couldn't figure what else to re-play, I decided to dust off my old XBox and throw in Jade Empire. I guess nostalgia made me remember the graphics as being better than they actually are.

leaping tiger + longsword = stupidly easy combat >_<

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Have to say, Saint's Row 2 did remind me of the outright fun/enjoyment you could have in a sandbox game after GTAIV kind of dragged it down... :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Have to say, Saint's Row 2 did remind me of the outright fun/enjoyment you could have in a sandbox game after GTAIV kind of dragged it down... :)

Can't go wrong with a naked top hat wearing ****ney guy who pimp-slaps random people on the street.

Plus the pimp slap animation is epic.

I tried my first SC2 Battlenet match today (which of course I lost).

Gotta say I was really stupid why I haven't destroyed my opponent (playing Zerg) at the beginning when I had a chance. I thought I could play around with him a little bit, for the lulz. The Zerg really start slow but at some point they get up so fast that they become unstoppable.

Moral of the story, don't be a benevolent player on Bnet.

Have to say, Saint's Row 2 did remind me of the outright fun/enjoyment you could have in a sandbox game after GTAIV kind of dragged it down... :banghead:

Can't go wrong with a naked top hat wearing ****ney guy who pimp-slaps random people on the street.

The storyline ain't half bad either. And the car customization is insane, I've got a whole stable of tricked out rides.

Have to say, Saint's Row 2 did remind me of the outright fun/enjoyment you could have in a sandbox game after GTAIV kind of dragged it down... :banghead:

The storyline ain't half bad either. And the car customization is insane, I've got a whole stable of tricked out rides.

The PC port is really crappy, though.

Hm I don't know, nothing really grated for me on the pc port... Hm, well the "tagging" was a little annoying, but that's about it.

Being caught up in the sheer amount of .. silly exuberance of it.. and then having one of the missions suddenly break out one of those "damn, these guys are nasty/viscious" could be a little odd.. but actually seemed to fit in quite well.

I was about to despair and write off a handful of point and click adventures that I bought recently, as it seemed that no matter what, I just couldn't get them to run on Windows 7 64bit. Having resigned myself to uninstall and then reinstall them on my very old PC, I made a last ditch attempt with Google... alexborisov.org to the rescue :lol:

The trick was not just to run them in compatibility mode (I tried windows XP sp2 and sp3 compatibility, Windows 98 was no help either), but to run them in Windows NT4.0 Sp5 compatibility mode. Not kidding, they run as smooth as a politicians lies now. Time to revisit Still Life, Syberia, Post Mortem and a few others :grin:

Edit: Currently playing 'The Greate White Destroyer', where you get to play a shark. You have to eat Fish, Swimmers, Scuba Divers, sink boats etc. Cute little game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Echo the graphics comment. I wonder what the actual resolution for that thing is. Strangely, Kotor looks (IMHO) a lot better :/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

But it did have a nice musical score to set the mood..

Alien Swarm with Pop and two other guys. Good fun, although I have to get a proper headset.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Mass Effect 2 on my renegade. Had some extra points so picked up the new guns. The shotgun seems fun and relatively useful so far, the pistol is mostly a toy for shooting limbs off loki mechs and not seeing a point to the new AR (apart from the fact that it looks pretty cool.) - not on a soldier, anyway. Wondering if it might be handy on my Sentinel, now that the Locust has made the Vindicator less of a must-have...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finaly got the time to play some FFXIII, 25+ hours in Chapter Nine, and I am pretty much realy enjoying the game... And the some of the locations looks absolutely fantastic... I was never much into graphics, but what did SE with FFXIII is like WTF? Simply the best graphic stuff I've ever seen...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Dwarf Fortress

Lost one fortress early Saturday to Goblin ambushes. I hadn't fully figured out the military and trainig, so when I did send them out to defend the fort they were promptly slaughtered. And since my farms wouldn't work for some reason I was always running low on food and drink. I actually ended up trapping 3 people outside the fort and 1 goblin inside on that game. I tried recovering from it but the second ambush stole a child and killed the remaining two.

My Fort started right after that seems to be doing better. Military is training, the farms are working. I've only got two miners and we're clearing tons of crap out. Going to set up one level about 5 down from the entrace as a secondary storage. Then right below that I'm expanding work facilities and am going to move most of the fort deeper. My chief medical dwarf is currently possessed. He wants bone and metal bars. I gave him all the bone I have and he's never gone after my bronze bars. I think he wants more bone. Number 1 priority is finding a use for all this excess stone. So it's crafts and blocks. Blocks for an outside wall so I can start up the outside fort, including a new training area. Crafts to obviously trade with caravans.

The previous fort did let me try out my entrance plan. My last three forts (these two included) all ramp down into an area where I put my trade depot. Then they ramp up again to go to my fort. The trade depot area happens to be on the same Z-level as the nearest water source. See where I'm going with this? It worked wonderfully while it lasted on the first failure of the weekend. It killed all Goblins but the two who made it in before it flooded. I've made a new change to the design today to put a large area underneath the floodable entrance so I can drain the water somewhere. This should make it easier to recover from it without digging new (vulnerable) entrances to actually let Dwarves in and out.

Edited by Tale

I now want to build a sky fort in DF. Build a high tower that leads to a base on which I build a new fort high in the sky.

That way, if I ever get particularly bored, I can just mine away the base of the tower and watch it all fall.