What are you playing now

Gorth

Sure, Two Worlds has some hilariously bad voice acting in spots, but I've decided that all games should have your chr. drolly sing "It's raining, it's pouring..." during thunderstorms.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

ok so I'm working through the longest journey... it's a pretty slow moving game...

the only adventure game I'd play before this was the monkey island remake with the hints and the fancy new graphics (though the old graphics are awesome and I switched back and forth between the shiny and the vintage as I played)...

maybe its the humor, or maybe its the hint system, but so far the monkey island game was WAY more entertaining than the longest journey has been so far.

I'm only halfway through chapter 2, but so far I haven't really DONE anything, it feels like I'm performing some pretty bizarre tasks to accomplish some minimal goals (the effort required to get a little key for a fuse box so that I can then turn off a light on a movie theater to make a janitor go away... seriously... I couldnt just pay the guy ten bucks to open the door?)

I dunno, I'm thinking that the game just isnt for me. There is a story somewhere in there right? the game started with an old lady beginning a tale... of someone corrupting a piece of candy to give to a crooked cop to make him sick so he would stop standing near a light post....

eh, am I missing something here? Cause I'm trying to enjoy the game but the game keeps getting in the way...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finished SCII campaign.

My 2 cents:

The overall impression is good. In engine cut-scenes are well done, characters are passable, the missions are fun - with varied and interesting objectives. For a strategy game, the campaign is on the whole very well made.

The bad:

-Almost all of the mission have a puzzle structure, that revolves around abusing the one unit that is revealed for that mission. When you find out what is required of you, the missions become too easy. I finished the game on hard with very little trouble.

-The characters and dialog are as clich

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

When I started up The Longest Journey years ago, I found it interesting & the art style was different in a nice way. But I felt pretty much the same. Adventure games such as those aren't generally my thing tho. I could appreciate why people liked it so much, but I felt lost and not entertained by it.

Then a bug happened & I couldn't continue so I quit, never to return. It's possible if I tried it again now I might like it better, being older w/slightly different tastes perhaps, but ... nah.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

When I started up The Longest Journey years ago, I found it interesting & the art style was different in a nice way. But I felt pretty much the same. Adventure games such as those aren't generally my thing tho. I could appreciate why people liked it so much, but I felt lost and not entertained by it.

Then a bug happened & I couldn't continue so I quit, never to return. It's possible if I tried it again now I might like it better, being older w/slightly different tastes perhaps, but ... nah.

There is this one really nice let's play...

I tried Bioshock 2 yesterday. I was quite underwhelmed, the whole game is just sort of lukewarm in every aspect. Its like I have to struggle not to quit and do something useful with my life instead, like arranging all my socks in chronological order.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I caved to the seductive powers of Steam and purchased the rediculously sale priced Borderlands. It was like $10.20 or something like that. Im also going to buy two of the three DLC's as they are also on sale for $3.29 each. The only one that didnt interest me was the PvP Arena one. Gotta say, Im happy with Steam so far. Fast download speeds and insanely cheap prices. Works for me.

Didnt actually play the game yet but plan to later tonight.

How does one make Jagged Alliance gameplay into a mmorpg? Each gamer controls their own merc? Each gamer has their own set of mercs and fights every one elses? A bunch of different merc armies fight the same AI?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

How does one make Jagged Alliance gameplay into a mmorpg? Each gamer controls their own merc? Each gamer has their own set of mercs and fights every one elses? A bunch of different merc armies fight the same AI?

While I'm not sold on this being a good thing, I understand the concept. Did you ever play JA: Deadly Games? Basically you had your team, you had a certain time to move, and then the other player moved. It's like Chess with a clock.

There are a couple different strategy MMO's that are somewhat successful, Company of Heroes Online is apparently pretty good.

The idea that you can choose your team, train them up and equip them, and then pit them against other people does have some appeal to me. It sounds like it will be a pretty light game though, it is browser based. Who knows, I'll keep an eye on it.

I was playing Mass Effect 2 until Steam decided not to connect anymore. Instead it gave me an "Updating" window with no percentage number attached. I found a temporary fix by connecting through a free VPN client, but I will have to chat with both Steam support as well as my ISP about this issue. It's really frustrating to say the least.

Hm, I'm partially tempted by the reduced Borderlands on Steam at the moment.. but I just can't decide if it appeals enough to balance against the months budget .. monetary and time-wise...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Its just incredible repetitive and almost completely devoid of actual content. You do the same thing over and over again in the same places and all you get is a weapon that looks exactly like the old one except the text in the inventory is another color. I wouldnt buy it unless you're really into that kind of stuff.

But what IS exciting is this sweet new Formula One 1985 mod for rfactor. With those insane turbocharged 1500BHP cars

85sennamontecarlo2jrpf.png

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=F1%201985

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was playing Mass Effect 2 until Steam decided not to connect anymore. Instead it gave me an "Updating" window with no percentage number attached. I found a temporary fix by connecting through a free VPN client, but I will have to chat with both Steam support as well as my ISP about this issue. It's really frustrating to say the least.

why not play it in offline mode? then it doesnt matter whats going on with your internet connection....

i never play steam in online mode (unless I'm playing an online game).

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I was having problems with my computer shutting off while playing games not long ago. I assumed it was power supply so got it replaced.

It's only happened twice since then. But now the Event Log is telling me that my graphics card is overheating and that's what prompted the shut down. I'm certain I checked before and didn't see anything. But I can't help but think I replaced the power supply for nothing.

Here's hoping a clean updated graphics driver can fix it. Graphics card isn't showing any signs of damage yet, so that's good.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm not touching it. You think I'm crazy?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

in soviet russia, hot cardl touches you.