What are you playing now?

Gorth

Is MagnaCarta II worth a damn? My JRPG senses are tingling and it's either that or FFXIII.

FF13. Its glorious.

I dunno. Are the characters likeable in this one?

Mildly. They're all rather cliched, and the comic relief isn't funny, but the combat is outstanding...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I haven't played a FF game since the SNES.

Well, then you got the best of 'em.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Out of the FF games I've played:

FF8 > FF10 > FF7 > FF12

flip 8 and 7 and you've got my vote. 8's plot is knotted and insane as hell (requiring a fan band-aid to make sense of it.

Jury is still out on 13 but it's looking AWESOME. Probably ahead of 10 for me. The battle system is similar to 12 (don't run away) in that you're only controlling one character, and the others are AI. However, instead of having to basically make the AI out of scrap like in 12 and hten fall asleep during the fights, each character can be a "role". Offense, tank, combo-king, healer, buffbot. Actually for the most part they can be more than one role, but in fights they only play one role at a time. Part of the strategy is deciding if you wanna switch your groups overall dynamic from everyone being combo gods into the standard trifecta of tank/damage/heals. Mainly you try to get as many hits in off the bat as possible so you can knock them off balance thus making you do like 200% damage.

You don't have to worry about MP bars (that I've seen yet anyway) so it's less about managing resources and more about balancing incoming damage with your life pool. It takes a bit of getting used to but it really starts to work once you get it. Also the leveling up system is very similar to 10 in that you've got the whole sphere grid thing that you choose which way you're going, but not everything is blocked off. Haven't played with it much so don't have a complete picture of it.

If there's one gripe I have it's that for the most part I feel like they haven't really explained the world that well. There's Pulse, Cocoon, the fal-Cei, the l-Cei, three different militarys... I think they're gonna explain more as you get further into it, but still.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finished Point Outlook, Operation: Anchorage, and the Pitt. Going on to do Mothership Zeta. Just finished the "Oasis" questline and I have to say I'm really liking my gear right now. Poplar's Hood, Vance's Longcoat, Gauss Rifle. Going to be fun playing the game with this stuff. I love the mechanical punch sound of the Gauss Rifle. Makes my bass driver orgasm.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

FF8 > FF10 > FF7 > FF12

out of all the FF games i played FFX > FFX-2 > FFVII > FFIX > FFV > FFIV > FFXII > FFVI > FFVIII > FFI > FFII :shifty:

let the flamewar begin mwahahahahaha

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished Star Wolves 3 for the second time, it appears I didn't get the bad ending, it's just inevitable that the bad thing happens. Obviously it's a set up for Star Wolves 4. Still a good game worth $30AUD.

Thinking about getting Fort Zombie, looks like DB zombie game minus charcter interaction.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Found Silver in Springfield. SHe gave me an attitude when I told her I was there for the caps. She got mad at me and began shooting. Shot the gun out of her hands then put a couple of rounds in her. Looted her home and went on my way.

I still have a "Good" alignment so I guess it wasn't all bad.

FF8 > FF10 > FF7 > FF12

out of all the FF games i played FFX > FFX-2 > FFVII > FFIX > FFV > FFIV > FFXII > FFVI > FFVIII > FFI > FFII :)

let the flamewar begin mwahahahahaha

Oh dear, i actually agree with you there :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

FF8-FF6-FF4-FF10-558-FF1-FF7FF5-FFT

The enwest FF is supposed to literally a linear run through linear hallways with absolutely no towns, and what not. Sounds extremely crappy.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Any of my fellow WoW players using Rawr? Im seeing rather large discrepancies between what Rawr says is an equipment upgrade and what Wow Armory is says is an equipment upgrade. Anyone have any insight?

I don't use it, but in general I think the armory bases it off general item level and stats, while Rawr throws in stat weights and item budget. Also I'd guess Armory says that something with a lot of haste is better than something with armor pen for a fury warrior (which is completely false).

And how can people put FFX-2 above ANYTHING!? HOW!?

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only Final Fantasy I've ever liked was Final Fantasy XII.. which seems to be an object of great hatred for the hardcore FF-fans out there.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Fallout 3 is a little WOW!

Okay, just got done dealing with some vampires, well sort of vampires, and when I left to the surface I was at a train yard. I found this fridge just in the middle of the to entry ways. I investigate it and there was some purified water in there. I took it. Then all of a sudden this big scorpian jumps me.

I ran. I ran like a little b***h, while pumping shot gun rounds at it with my sawed off.

Holy crap.

I hope New Vegas is this good.

Edited by Zachariah Tam

Fallout 3 is a little WOW!

Okay, just got done dealing with some vampires, well sort of vampires, and when I left to the surface I was at a train yard. I found this fridge just in the middle of the to entry ways. I investigate it and there was some purified water in there. I took it. Then all of a sudden this big scorpian jumps me.

I ran. I ran like a little b***h, while pumping shot gun rounds at it with my sawed off.

It's a random encounter. There are many of those. For the same, you might've run into a Deathclaw... happened to me the first time I played the game and just got out of the Vault.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.