What are you playing now?

Gorth

King's Bounty, got to nearly the end and then started again, as I do with most games. :/ It's a game you're meant to know and work and number-crunch and I'm going to do the best I can this time, even Normal was a big challenge on my first run and I was having to run from half the enemies in later areas.

Which wife did you pick?

On my game I accepted Feonora's offer to be my love-slave and make me frog-babies. And I never had to heart to ask her to leave, so I've always wondered what the other chicks are like...

manthing2.jpg

Any good?

Cons: Hillbillies/half-naked cultists that are tougher than Enclave troopers due to ridiculous damage system. Argonian voice actor. Feral Ghoul Reavers.

Pros: double-barreled shotgun. One excellent sidequest. One rather surreal cutscene.

:( I'm liking that the Pitt and Point Outlook are a change of scenery. Though, the damage Con that Walsingham pointed out is a huge one. I don't like strolls in the park (played through the Original Campaign on Very Hard) I actually had to turn down the difficulty to enjoy Point Outlook. Getting mobbed by 3+ cultists and having to reload and save after each fight wasn't fun. I eventually turned to the darkside and used the A3-21's Plasma Rifle. Didn't want to do that as it kind of kills the addon a small bit. I prefer to utilize the equipment I'm given in each addon.

The Velvet Curtain was an amazing side quest, though.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I'm starting to see the ball better in MLB 10 the show. I am batting about .350 in AA ball. I even hit my first homer, an exciting game winner in the bottom of the 13th.

The Show is the only reason I want a PS3 :lol:

Do you use/like the similar mode they have for NHL?

I'm going to have to get in on some PS3 NHL action. Perhaps I'll start with NHL 11 when it comes out.

Yeah, I'd highly recommend the game to anyone, hockey fan or not. They've made some awesome adjustments to the game (starting back in 07) and it's only gotten better.

One reason why I haven't is because the few people I do hang out with are all about Madden & the NFL or are FPS harlots. Playing solo isn't fun often with sports games. Now that snow is melting, I'll be hitting up outdoor skateparks like crazy. If I can find a used copy of '10 I'll have to pick it up for rainy days or in the unfortunate event of sustaining an inhibiting injury.

SCII Beta. I'm loving the Zerg. They have a new tier 1 unit, the Queen which has this insane ability to force the lair/hive to spawn 4 more larvae after a set amount of time. I've been abusing it to overrun/out-produce Terran players with masses of zerglings/hydras/roaches. Of course, I still suck at the game, but its nice to have a few early victories.

Also the Queen can build these creep tumors which expand creep (for free, each one being able to spawn another one) giving you line of sight wherever there's creep. Of course they can be destroyed but most people ignore them. With a little micro you can expand over the entirety of a small map in a very short amount of time.

Everyone I've run into plays Terran or Protoss for some reason. The Protoss players kick my butt with cheapo strategies such as spamming photon cannons all over their base entrance or carrier massing, but its still a lot of fun.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I'm starting to see the ball better in MLB 10 the show. I am batting about .350 in AA ball. I even hit my first homer, an exciting game winner in the bottom of the 13th.

The Show is the only reason I want a PS3 :(

Do you use/like the similar mode they have for NHL?

The Show kind of puts the NHL player mode to shame. I played the NHL one first and loved it, but after playing The Show and going back to the NHL be a pro, I didn't enjoy it as much. So now I'm just playing franchise mode with the NHL games, which is still great.

The Show just has a ton of personality, you really feel like you are slowly blossoming as an MLB prospect. The minor league system and spring training all have a lot of polish.

I'm going to have to get in on some PS3 NHL action. Perhaps I'll start with NHL 11 when it comes out.

Yeah, I'd highly recommend the game to anyone, hockey fan or not. They've made some awesome adjustments to the game (starting back in 07) and it's only gotten better.

Do they even have online co-op seasons yet? Not getting a new one until they do.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Which wife did you pick?

On my game I accepted Feonora's offer to be my love-slave and make me frog-babies. And I never had to heart to ask her to leave, so I've always wondered what the other chicks are like...

I tried various wives. The pirate wife was very useful mid-game because I had various items that gave me pirate bonuses, and my sea dogs were whirling melee masters of doom. Item drops are random so I think that's going to drive strategy quite a bit - ironically, as Paladin now, I'm finding all these excellent intellect/mana items that I never saw as a mage. Currently I just got the frog-wife, but we'll see.

Do they even have online co-op seasons yet? Not getting a new one until they do.

Online co-op seasons? I don't know what you mean by that but the thing you + moron would be interested in would be Online Team Play.

Basically, each player controls an individual on the ice, you can have up to 6 people per team (one per position, obviously). You can form your own team and you'll be in the league, your teams record and stats as well as individual stats are kept also.

FFXIII

... *drools before rushing back to play*

GET OUT. GET. OUT.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finished Fallout 3's The Pitt and Point Lookout and just started Operation: Anchorage. While this one doesn't feel like Fallout, it's my favorite one thus far. I'm a huge fan of tactical combat in Winterized Settings and I feel it was designed pretty well. It's not all pros, though.

A side note regarding the PS3's Fallout 3, it seems the more I play the GOTY edition the less buggy it becomes and the smoother the combat is. I remember when I first installed the DLCs I had to force myself to play it it was so terrible. I'm glad I pushed through that. If you have the option of playing Fallout 3 on all platforms, evade the PS3's GOTY edition. Fallout 3 was fine but the Broken Steel addon seems to butcher the games smooth frame rate and stability.

I've been playing NWN2 and MotB. I never really payed much attention to Storm of Zehir. Is it worth getting?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I've been playing NWN2 and MotB. I never really payed much attention to Storm of Zehir. Is it worth getting?

I'd say its worth getting just for the new classes/spells/awesome new music/etc. If you have played older RPGs like Pool of Radiance this expansion will feel like a walk down memory lane. You create an entire party of your own characters and guide them across a large map finding new locations etc. Its kind of like Heroes of Might and Magic meets Neverwinter Nights.

My personal opinion is much more positive, but this review breaks down the new features. http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/29316-n...-of-zehir-.html

Did I mention Storm of Zehir has awesome music?

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Yes... i loved that you could craft a party of your choice, and the overland map... Last time i did have that feeling was in Icewind Dale 2 o:)

the story is ofc not so deep as MotB, but imo it's still worth getting it, just for the fun of rolling a party of 4 svirfneblins who gets owned by the 1st group of enemies :o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I was discussing RPG's somewhere and Two Worlds entered the conversation (because Two Worlds 2 has just been announced), and I remembered how I tried to like that game but gave up fairly quickly and just abandoned it. Well, I reinstalled it last night and to my huge surprise I'm actually enjoying it this time! I mean, the voice actors are still horrible (and I'm pretty lenient when it comes to stuff like that), the entire game feels a bit.. how to describe it.. jittery. When you move, when you fight, when you open menu's.. everything comes with a weird feeling of un-exactness. But I can live with that too. The world is huge (just as I like it), there are horses to ride, dungeons to explore, bundles of quests to solve, plenty of challenging fighting to be done, dozens of armour sets to collect and the main story isn't at all as bad as I remembered it.

The last time I tried it, the game had no patches and was at version 1.0. Now it's had seven patches and I'm playing the 1.7b version. A lot has changed for the better. It's much more balanced (no more combining weapons until they one-hit kills everything in the game), stuff actually costs money now (so you can't abuse the stores) and it feels more polished. Also, the last time I tried it, it wasn't exactly optimal for my system. It was a very hardware demanding game for its time, but now I'm able to run it with everything on max (including several kilometers of viewing distance and 8x AA) and 1920x1080 resolution. Unfortunately there's no vsync option in the game, although I can force that through Catalyst.

For some reason, I remember the game as being unfocused. I could never separate the main quests from the side quests and I got distracted from the story to the point where I just did quests for the sake of doing quests and not to be able to continue the story. I don't have that problem now, but I don't know what's changed. Me or the game?

Anyhow, it's a flawed game, but oddly enjoyable.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just bought a XBox 360 and a slew of games and I don't know where to start. Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto 4 and expansions, Dragon Age, Call of Duty 4, and Soul Calibur 4. Couple of them I got real cheap, some of them new.

I am thinking Fallout 3 or Borderlands to start.