What are you playing now?

Gorth

Fallout 3 is a little WOW!

Okay, just got done dealing with some vampires, well sort of vampires, and when I left to the surface I was at a train yard. I found this fridge just in the middle of the to entry ways. I investigate it and there was some purified water in there. I took it. Then all of a sudden this big scorpian jumps me.

I ran. I ran like a little b***h, while pumping shot gun rounds at it with my sawed off.

Holy crap.

I hope New Vegas is this good.

REALLY?!?!?

The only Final Fantasy I've ever liked was Final Fantasy XII.. which seems to be an object of great hatred for the hardcore FF-fans out there.

I'm in the same boat with FFXII.

Anyway.. I've been playing the free version of D&D Online and it has been fairly enjoyable so far. The interface is rather horrible though and grouping is a little difficult with people having different access to the premium content but overall it has been keeping me entertained.

I really enjoyed Fallout 3 as well. In fact, when it was released, most of the regulars here were very happy with how it turned out.

Over time some have become bitter, and then there are the new folks that came over with the FO:NV announcement. Pretty standard reaction to anything that is popular. Next up on the cool to bash list is Avatar.

FF best games in order (i have not played every game - only the ones listed)

7 (best)

10-2 (worst)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I really enjoyed Fallout 3 as well. In fact, when it was released, most of the regulars here were very happy with how it turned out.

Over time some have become bitter, and then there are the new folks that came over with the FO:NV announcement. Pretty standard reaction to anything that is popular. Next up on the cool to bash list is Avatar.

I haven't seen Avatar.

I just had my first death. Going to Minefield, got shot at. Duck behind car to avoid getting hit.

BOOM!

Edited by Zachariah Tam

My favorite FF game is a stiff competition between V, VI, and IX. Least favorites are X-2, VII, and VIII.

Haven't played XIII yet, and probably won't for a long while unless they decide to port it to the PC.

FF best games in order (i have not played every game - only the ones listed)

7 (best)

10-2 (worst)

Keep in mind that best here is still pretty bloody awful. FFVII has no real gameplay to speak of, and the plot and writing are suicide enducing.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Bah; you're all bat**** crazy. Here's the order:

10, part 2

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The reason that people disliked 12 was because the battle system was basically "program the AI and fall asleep" and you could basically make a party of tanks.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No. FF is one of gaming's great franchises, up there with Zelda, Mario, etc.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I'm surprised FF8 is ranking so highly. What is with you screwballs?

So, I completed Fable 2. The main plot is a bit of damn squib ...but honestly, I find Albion so likeable a world, I don't much mind. At least there I can score with chicks!!

Wii tabletennis. There is something absurdly humiliating in losing to an opponent in Hawaii shirt and red sunglasses :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Saw the first few hours of FF13. Gotta say I'm impressed, even the characters/story don't seem as awful as other JRPGs. Voice acting isn't too bad either, but the most fun part looks like the combat.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

*shrug* I actually think it's to FF's credit that they've gone on and had such a long franchise with commercial success while trying a reasonable number of different things in different ways (story, gameplay, combat, etc), enough for a lot of people to at least enjoy some of the games.

They do get grindy and I really really wish they would grow out of the whole anime emo characters, but I think they are dismissed too easily - they are often built very very well in terms of pacing and balance and do a good job of making you feel challenged or rewarding you for work (grind), they also pace and deliver the story very well and the games do look beautiful most of the time.

I tried 10 and 12 but they were too emo for me, 5/6/7 really was the golden era although I enjoyed 9 for the kitsch parody throwback it was. I thought they really missed out with 12 in that they had a great world setting and some very nice elements in the story that could have raised it a level and made it a bit more 'mature' (the war, political intrigue stuff) but it became a macguffin soon enough.

Saw the first few hours of FF13. Gotta say I'm impressed, even the characters/story don't seem as awful as other JRPGs. Voice acting isn't too bad either, but the most fun part looks like the combat.

You know the FF13 lead(Lighting?) is voiced by ME Liara?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

"I'm surprised FF8 is ranking so highly. What is with you screwballs?"

best FF ever. No contest. The fact that it's graphics (espicially the FMVs) are as good as anything today is fantatsic. Characetrs, story, combat, freedom, loot, music, graphics, everything was sexy (thoguh admittedly the story does have two major head scratchers).

Not just one of the best FFs ever. One of the best games ever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.