What are you playing now?

Gorth

I just bought a XBox 360 and a slew of games and I don't know where to start. Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto 4 and expansions, Dragon Age, Call of Duty 4, and Soul Calibur 4. Couple of them I got real cheap, some of them new.

I am thinking Fallout 3 or Borderlands to start.

Fallout 3 will take the longest about 120 hours with expansions if you do everything, Call of Duty 4 the shortest. You have a choice of some great games. GTA 4 just blew me away and I recently completed another playthrough where I finally got 100%. Took about 50 hours + 15 a piece for the expansions. Mass Effect 1 & 2 take about 40-50 hours each.

- Final Fantasy XIII

Godammit, i wish that i was studying at the university again. This is one of those games where you don't know when to quit, you just want to know what happens next. The graphics are ace of course, and the soundtrack actually has a Final Fantasy vibe to it, yay! But the characters and the story really does suck you in. While i am only within the first hours of the game, there is a strong sense of urgency that keeps you hooked. What i also really like is how the game switches between different characters and their respective parties, instead of being stuck with Cloud/Squall/Zidane/Tidus/Vaan from the very beginning.

While FFXII had incredibly dull characters, pompous dialogue, nonengaging story and being a grindfest to boot, this game however, actually feel like a Final Fantasy-game. It sure has been a while.

It's like playing Final Fantasy X again without the dopey english voice-overs, good stuff.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just bought a XBox 360 and a slew of games and I don't know where to start. Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto 4 and expansions, Dragon Age, Call of Duty 4, and Soul Calibur 4. Couple of them I got real cheap, some of them new.

I am thinking Fallout 3 or Borderlands to start.

Fallout 3 will take the longest about 120 hours with expansions if you do everything, Call of Duty 4 the shortest. You have a choice of some great games. GTA 4 just blew me away and I recently completed another playthrough where I finally got 100%. Took about 50 hours + 15 a piece for the expansions. Mass Effect 1 & 2 take about 40-50 hours each.

ME1 and ME2 do not take 50 hours each man, unless you're playing with one hand.

...and closed eyes :sorcerer:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm playing FF13. Not a big fan of the characters yet, but I haven't had a chance to put in that many hours yet...

@Zachariah-dude: Start with ME1, then go to 2. everything else on that list can wait, especially CoD.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

ME1 and ME2 do not take 50 hours each man, unless you're playing with one hand.

I take my time with both exploring and the average is above 40 hours. Unless you are skipping through cutscenes or skipping exploring planets there is no reason it wouldn't take up to 40 hours.

I'll have to check my save files again, as I think I finished ME2 just shy of 40 hours. While that makes it sound like ME2 is a smaller game, MUCH more time is spent actually questing, chatting & fighting etc while a lot of time is 'lost' in ME1 riding elevators and driving in the Mako.

Just checked my saves.

Very first playthrough of ME1 with a renegade - 40 hours.

Second of ME1 with a Paragon - 45 hours. (I think the increase in time was completing more side quests that as a renegade I would just blow off)

First playthrough of ME2 - 46 hours! I'm actually kind of surprised. I got more time out of the sequel than the original, even with all of the original's padding.

Honestly, I think people claiming 20-30 are skipping tons of stuff and/or aren't exploring.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I have decided to start off with Fallout 3.

I even got a funny looking bobble head to stare at me when I play.

You will find tons of haters here, but I loved the game myself.

You might consider checking out some of the Xbox live arcade titles. I've enjoyed Castle Crashers, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Puzzle Quest & Shadow Complex (This one has received heaps of praise).

- Final Fantasy XIII

Godammit, i wish that i was studying at the university again. This is one of those games where you don't know when to quit, you just want to know what happens next. The graphics are ace of course, and the soundtrack actually has a Final Fantasy vibe to it, yay! But the characters and the story really does suck you in. While i am only within the first hours of the game, there is a strong sense of urgency that keeps you hooked. What i also really like is how the game switches between different characters and their respective parties, instead of being stuck with Cloud/Squall/Zidane/Tidus/Vaan from the very beginning.

While FFXII had incredibly dull characters, pompous dialogue, nonengaging story and being a grindfest to boot, this game however, actually feel like a Final Fantasy-game. It sure has been a while.

It's like playing Final Fantasy X again without the dopey english voice-overs, good stuff.

The perspective swapping has (for me) stopped after you hit the next location (when you have all your characters together). Technically Lightning is your party lead, but you don't hear what's in her head, more you hear whats in vaneilles head. Vanielle seems to enjoy having her accent change every five seconds however.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Honestly, I think people claiming 20-30 are skipping tons of stuff and/or aren't exploring.

My first run of ME1 was only about 14 hours. I skipped almost all the side quests. My completionist runs tend to average out to around 30 hours give or take 1-2 hours. That's doing all the sidequests except for the stupid collection quests that aren't worth doing. I listen to all the dialogue, don't skip cutscenes and talk to my crew when on the Normandy.

I don't have access to it at the moment, but all of my ME2 runs were between 20-30 hours. The first one had all the loyalty missions completed but no N7 missions. The second run was a completionist and the third had all the N7 but only about half the loyalty missions. I'll double check later, but I don't think any of them managed to hit 30 hours.

Hmmm... Fresh out of the womb? Well, I never played a game with that sort of start!

Also, what kind of dad gives a 10 year old girl a gun?!?!?

A cool one? :thumbsup:

I got my first gun before I was 10. :ermm:

Of course, it was only an air gun, but still..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My first run of ME1 was only about 14 hours. I skipped almost all the side quests. My completionist runs tend to average out to around 30 hours give or take 1-2 hours. That's doing all the sidequests except for the stupid collection quests that aren't worth doing. I listen to all the dialogue, don't skip cutscenes and talk to my crew when on the Normandy.

I don't have access to it at the moment, but all of my ME2 runs were between 20-30 hours. The first one had all the loyalty missions completed but no N7 missions. The second run was a completionist and the third had all the N7 but only about half the loyalty missions. I'll double check later, but I don't think any of them managed to hit 30 hours.

Don't know what to say but my save games don't lie. Our only difference as far as ME 1 goes is I did the collection quests as I honestly don't mind driving around the planets. That would probably account for our time differences.

As far as ME 2 goes I took my time but I never felt like I was going slowly. I enjoyed talking to the companions etc. I really don't know why you clocked between 20-30 and I hit 46. Again, I take my time and chat to everyone and try to hit 100%. I did end up wasting time planet scanning, but I didn't waste THAT much time.

It's just one of those odd things that's different between people. I never really felt like I was speeding through the game, but tend to be on the lower side of the reported times. I picked up probably 75% of the squad conversations on the Normandy so there was some stuff that I missed, but I'm guessing that's not 15 extra hours worth of conversations. I'd stop to listen to the background conversations in the hub worlds and loot every level as thoroughly as I could, but I'd generally do it all in one pass. I did very little backtracking. If there were multiple quests on one planet, I'd wait till I had them all then do them in one run. I'd guess at least some of that is responsible for time discrepancies.

Remember that it makes a vast difference whether you watch the cutscenes in full or hit skip once you read all the dialogue. Since these seem to have become the core of the game experience for many Bio games, it actually cuts off 5+ hours off the gametime alone.

Is MagnaCarta II worth a damn? My JRPG senses are tingling and it's either that or FFXIII.

FF13. Its glorious.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS