Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

23 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I said it when Platinum's response initially came out, but such a weak "I'm gonna peace out now" statement is really just not ever what you want to go with when what you previously said was incredibly vociferous - not if you weren't lying, anyways.

I just cant wrap my head around how she thought she was going to get away with it.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520cce98ab4ae69a6627

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

4 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Can they remove the swamp and replace it with something not awful? Alternatively, make the swamp not suck.

• Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think not, that's what swamps do. It's immersive!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

18 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Can they remove the swamp and replace it with something not awful? Alternatively, make the swamp not suck.

Sounds like a skill issue there.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 minute ago, Sarex said:

Playing too much OW2. 😄

Yeah, probably - it is a good time killer when I don't have much more than 30-45 minutes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

If they're going to change something, it's probably the card collecting of women you've slept with. That's not very 2020's.

Could always sell them as MTx.  That would be 2020s.

Edited by Malcador

12 hours ago, Malcador said:

Could always sell them as MTx.  That would be 2020s.

All of them are already in the art book that was in the original CE.

One a more serious note, I wonder if they're going to mess with the combat. Withcer 1's was arguably more RPG-y, but everything needs Souls-like (or should we start calling that Souls-lite?) combat nowadays, so guess they might try to push the Witcher 3 combat into Witcher 1.

On 10/26/2022 at 7:45 PM, MrBrown said:

One one hand it makes sense, on the other I think game’s junkiness saves it. W1 is fundamentally flawed on many levels, both gameplay and narration wise, and I am not sure how they hope to make it better, unless they just attempt to make a completely different game with some plot similarities. Theoretically if they can focus on good stuff W1 did, and remake bad stuff it could be something worthwhile - but that’s a big ask.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lexx said:

lolol. This woman is just derailed.

Hide contents

r/gaming - Wait what ?

I can't imagine anyone following her advice now that she's admitted to lying not being completely forthright, but regardless, why not just say "charity" and leave it at that? Why even open up the abortion can of worms? She's not doing herself any favors. She's somehow got 3 of her own feet in her mouth.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 10/27/2022 at 4:50 AM, Keyrock said:

What's wrong with the swamp? I love swamps in crpgs 😟

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Return to Monkey Island is coming to Game Pass in a weeks time. Glad I skipped it

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/embracer-close-hitman-go-developers-just-months-after-acquiring-them
embracer shut down studio responsible for “Go” series (Hitman/Tomb Raider/Deus Ex Go). At least some folks will go to Eidos Montreal (Deus Ex, Guardian of the Galaxy folks).

edit: got confused which studio is which. Gist was right, but studio names were wrong. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1