Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

35 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Of course you mean rakia.

I'll see your Rakia and raise you Śliwowica.

On second though, maybe not. We don't need the devs passed out next to their desks.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

18 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'll see your Rakia and raise you Śliwowica.

On second though, maybe not. We don't need the devs passed out next to their desks.

Hahaha, you call it the same way. Plum Rakia is called Šljivovica/Шљивовица, which I imagine is very similar pronunciation to Śliwowica. In Serbian plum is Šljiva, pronounced the same way as in Polish minus the k.

• Like 3

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Now yall are gonna make me search for that plum stuff after I just picked up some bourbon and Irish.

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

When they wake up the game will be better.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KP From Another World said:

Now yall are gonna make me search for that plum stuff after I just picked up some bourbon and Irish.

Be warned that it's high octane.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

24 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Be warned that it's high octane.

That's part of the appeal, I'm a barrel strength man.

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

6 hours ago, KP From Another World said:

That's part of the appeal, I'm a barrel strength man.

If you don't like it you can always use it as paint thinner or disinfectant.

10 minutes ago, majestic said:

I'm not entirely sure how you'd get to the good stuff, i.e. moonshine, unless you have contacts to an expat/immigrant community. :p

Even then, the best they keep for themselves.

As a kid it was always 50/50 if the bottle had Rakia or Elderberry juice.

• Haha 1

Zoria, a cRPG being made by a 3-person Romanian team, has just launched a Kickstarter campaign. They're only asking for around $33,000, just to polish up their game which is 80% complete. I've backed it, and figured I'd post it here for any of you who may be interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ansharpublishing/zoria-age-of-shattering

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Zoria, a cRPG being made by a 3-person Romanian team, has just launched a Kickstarter campaign.

So, outside of that evil turn-based DD thingie you mentioned some time ago, is there anything for a fantasy cRPG person who's pining for something after Deadfire? Obviously I know the Pathfinder games, but you appear to know this more obscure stuff that I'm completely ignorant about.

28 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

So, outside of that evil turn-based DD thingie you mentioned some time ago, is there anything for a fantasy cRPG person who's pining for something after Deadfire? Obviously I know the Pathfinder games, but you appear to know this more obscure stuff that I'm completely ignorant about.

Sadly, although quite a few would-be newcomers are looking to make cRPGs, not that many are RTwP. The RTwP games I know of are: Black Geyser (already released); Alaloth (now in Steam EA); and Dark Envoy (for 2023 from the guys who made Tower of Time).

For TB cRPGs (not an exhaustive list; only the ones I'm following): Solasta (awaiting its 3rd DLC); and Vendir and Zoria (both scheduled for 2023 releases).

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Grounded is coming out. Crafting/survival isn’t my thing, but I will probably check it out through gampass. 

I'm in the same boat, I'll probably give this a look at some point, but only because it's made by Obsidian and on Game Pass. The only survival games that ever held my interest for any period of time were Conan Exiles and Valheim. I recently tried Subnautica because it was on Game Pass and I recall several people really liking it. There was an initial "ooh pretty flaura" phase, but once that wore off I was just bored and put off by how unintuitive the base building mechanics were. Quit and uninstall, problem solved.

As far as Obs games go, I'm more excited for Pentiment than Grounded. I'd put Avowed over both of them, but, until proven otherwise, I've written that game off as vaporware.

giphy.webp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

For some reason I thought Grounded was released already.

https://www.pcgamer.com/new-overwatch-2-accounts-have-to-unlock-old-heroes-too/

All accounts will require a phone number for SMS verification to play the game at all. Blizzard hopes it will prevent banned accounts from returning to the game and the added layer two-factor security should help protect accounts from being stolen.

The company also announced that it will increase its efforts to find "disruptive behavior" through voice chat transcriptions, much like Riot does with Valorant (opens in new tab). Blizzard will convert the reported audio to text and run it through its "chat review tools," that include machine learning, and determine if it's actionable. It will then delete the text file "no later than 30 days after the audio transcription." Voice chat data from matches isn't stored very long, so Blizzard urges you to report players as soon as you can.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

whats point of playing MP game if you can't $hit-talk others. pff. Just let people mute others and its solved, this constant nanny behavior is really getting on my nerves

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

4 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

whats point of playing MP game if you can't $hit-talk others. pff. Just let people mute others and its solved, this constant nanny behavior is really getting on my nerves

Can see both sides, unchecked might not be worth it as some tiers will become a cesspool and is tiring to deal with neckbeard homunculi, but checking like this is a bit too much.  I never talk on voice chat, I do troll ragers a lot though - I still remember reducing one guy to incoherent screaming :lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

As far as Obs games go, I'm more excited for Pentiment than Grounded. I'd put Avowed over both of them, but, until proven otherwise, I've written that game off as vaporware.

giphy.webp

Oh Absolutely. I think Pentiment looks great.

I am not giving up on Avowed just yet, but I also haven't seen anything to get my expectations high. A vague CGI trailer told me nothing of substance.

• Like 2

@Sarex A romanian friend of mine got me some plum moonshine from his familys still, and it was pretty dang awesome!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

29 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I am not giving up on Avowed just yet, but I also haven't seen anything to get my expectations high. A vague CGI trailer told me nothing of substance.

Believe me, I want to be wrong. It's just that we already know the game has at least once changed design lead and restarted development. The complete radio silence we've experienced for quite a while now also doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The track record of games that have gone through development hell speaks for itself. There are exceptions, examples of games that have gone through development hell and emerged as good games, but they are just that, exceptions.

I will be so happy to eat my words if Obs proves me wrong. Until then, Avowed is dead as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

4 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

How many people are turned off from MP games because it is a cesspool of potty mouthed pre-teens, though? 

These companies are in the business of attracting a large audience. 

• Like 1

yeah, I grow up on playing MP games and it was just fine. I usually avoid anything made for 'large audience' - it usually translate to bland

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"