Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

If this is true ES6 could be the greatest RPG we have seen in the last 20 years....imagine Daggerfall with the advanced modern day  features and design mechanics :dancing:

1665613825630673.jpg

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

If this is true ES6 could be the greatest RPG we have seen in the last 20 years....imagine Daggerfall with the advanced modern day  features and design mechanics :dancing:

1665613825630673.jpg

pff, can't have fun deep RPG elements if you need to make it work on controller. Yeah there I sad it. Consoles effed up deep RPGs

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bethesda games were shallow as a puddle long before any of them made it to consoles. The peasantry of the world has much to answer for, of course, but Bethesda's crimes against the master race were not committed solely on their behest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

48 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

pff, can't have fun deep RPG elements if you need to make it work on controller. Yeah there I sad it. Consoles effed up deep RPGs

10 minutes ago, majestic said:

Bethesda games were shallow as a puddle long before any of them made it to consoles. The peasantry of the world has much to answer for, of course, but Bethesda's crimes against the master race were not committed solely on their behest.

Me hiding my xXxBOxXx behind my back:

giphy.webp

• Haha 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Eh, I have (had) many consoles myself, though none of the new generation - newest one is a Switch, and before that it was a GameCube and an original XBox. I like my Switch. ;)

• Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

7 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

I cant believe you had courage to say it, normally saying it on ANY gaming forum leads to permabanning immediately 

I like you and I hope the moderators show you mercy because you speaking from emotion and thats like mitigating circumtances

But you right, consoles eroded and diluted complex RPG....we all know this, we just not allowed to say it anymore  :-

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Consoles have its perks and I am not hating on them per say. Tony Hawk pro skater 2 and Mortal Kombat are one of my favorite games. But I was in game dev and things/features which got cut to be able to accommodate consoles were always making me angry

• Sad 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

54 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

Sports games are better with a controller... side strollers I imagine are better with controllers I just never play them...  and fighting games... I can't think of much else that's better with a controller

Driving games

• Like 2

I spent a couple of hours trying to get my wheel to play well on Forza Horizon 5 but in the end had to surrender and just accept the gamepad. I suppose we're at the stage where anything but a gamepad is an afterthought on multiplatform titles, even devices specifically designed for the genre of that particular game. Probably still exceptions for the more hardcore sims, but not for more arcadey titles like this.

I do sort of remember the backlash when Freelancer came out with no joystick support...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I spent a couple of hours trying to get my wheel to play well on Forza Horizon 5 but in the end had to surrender and just accept the gamepad. I suppose we're at the stage where anything but a gamepad is an afterthought on multiplatform titles, even devices specifically designed for the genre of that particular game. Probably still exceptions for the more hardcore sims, but not for more arcadey titles like this.

I do sort of remember the backlash when Freelancer came out with no joystick support...

I tried my wheel on FH5 also and it was horrible. Asseto Corsa Competizione, on the other hand, is awesome with a wheel.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's down to the personal preferences and habits (and wrists and thumbs not hurting after half an hour with a controller). In my personal experience Dragon's Dogma, a 3rd-person action-RPG, was nigh unplayable with a controller and it was originally released on PS3, but perfectly comfortable and enjoyable with KB+M. The only issue I can think of is the developers being inconsiderate (a**holes) - Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PC had awful controls, Dark Souls: Remastered was perfect in that regard, while technically being the same game.
I can't remember any problems with Fallout 4, except that dialogue wheel thing, may it be buried and forgotten, which was fixable with mods. So, TES6/Starfield should be fine in that regard.

Edited by Hawke64

Yeah, I don't know how that compares, what a typical voice acting salary is. Is this a week's worth of work? Is this a month's worth of work? :shrugz:

Regardless, I'm playing the game.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Must be paying Hale more to do one of the three voices she's capable of doing, as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

First off, those Bethesda offices are pretty swanky. 

Secondly, was that voice actress in the first two games? $4k does sound like a slap in the face. Even if it is a day's worth of work, she has contributed to a successful franchise. This isn't a hobby for her. :blink:

• Like 2

Wtf how little dialog is there in the game that she only gets paid $4000. In comparison, for my last project I paid $800 for roughly 1500 words. Unless she gets paid in some really devalued currency, or has a speaking role of like 20 minutes in the game, I can't believe this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

While I like the Bayonetta series, VA is not something I find essential or important*, and I can't tell the difference between the two voices either way. Considering that it is at most 4 hours of cut-scenes with 1 hour of VA, $4K seem like a decent offer.
*In Nioh 2 one of the bosses had spoken lines mid-battle. The speaking did not affect his attack patterns or movement anyhow, but successfully distracted me, so I turned it off for the following attempts.
*Player's agency, writing, gameplay systems, optimisation, and QA are essential and often overlooked. Not saying that they are mutually exclusive with VA, but if the funds are limited, VA should go first.