ranDom vIdeO game news

majestic

Latest trailer for Vampire: Swansong, its looking good and has some nice RPG mechanics, like skills advancement,  so its more than just a narrative RPG 🧛‍♀️

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 3/25/2022 at 5:20 AM, Gorth said:

Tiny Tina's Wonderland got itself an official launch trailer... still going to wait for feedback (yes, Borderlands 3 was that much of a disappointment)

I think it's Epic exclusive for some months first, like BL3's release was, in case you weren't aware/cared.
I'm mildly curious about it but yeah, I don't care about BL3 at all at this point - not sure I would even get excited about a BL4 -  and my expectations would be low. But maybe we could check it next Xmas, when hubby usually feels like revisiting the series.

• Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Managed to beat the first boss in Elden Ring. Starting to get into it. 

Also, 

...the women who gives you the summoning bell didn't show up at the church so I had to buy the damn thing from the roundtable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Had the same issue, but I assumed that happened because I didn't went the way the game wanted me to (visited other areas first, etc). I skipped that horse-guy until I was already level 60 or something.

Edited by Lexx
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On 3/28/2022 at 12:24 PM, Katphood said:

Managed to beat the first boss in Elden Ring. Starting to get into it. 

Also, 

Hide contents

...the women who gives you the summoning bell didn't show up at the church so I had to buy the damn thing from the roundtable.

Keep us updated of your Elden Ring exploits and adventures ....no major spoilers of course :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 3/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, BruceVC said:

Latest trailer for Vampire: Swansong, its looking good and has some nice RPG mechanics, like skills advancement,  so its more than just a narrative RPG 🧛‍♀️

It sounds like they expanded the RPG mechanics from The Council quite a bit. The Council did have RPG-like skill trees, but I wouldn't have called it a RPG. The dialogue battles sound similar to what The Council did, they were the "combat" in the game. You had a variety of choices on how to proceed, depending of what skills you possessed and information had gathered, and attempts to influence your opponent weren't guaranteed to succeed, again depending on your skills.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

46 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

It sounds like they expanded the RPG mechanics from The Council quite a bit. The Council did have RPG-like skill trees, but I wouldn't have called it a RPG. The dialogue battles sound similar to what The Council did, they were the "combat" in the game. You had a variety of choices on how to proceed, depending of what skills you possessed and information had gathered, and attempts to influence your opponent weren't guaranteed to succeed, again depending on your skills.

Interesting, I have never heard of The Council but that looks like exactly what they doing in Swansong 

Its looks fun and has more traditional RPG mechanics than Coteries which was great but thats a " real "  narrative RPG 

John Milton 

i am giving like just for the gif

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Keep us updated of your Elden Ring exploits and adventures ....no major spoilers of course :thumbsup:

If this is anything like earlier From Software games, you don't have to worry about spoilers.

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I just found out that Weird West is a day 1 release on Game Pass, so I don't even have to pay anything (beyond the monthly subscription fee to Game Pass I'm already paying) to play it.

happy-dancing.gif

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

7 hours ago, Keyrock said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952091df0ba6503ddb798

That looks like it has huge potential, I like games set in a Western theme and I like the whole choice and consequence outcomes 

I see you can create temporary ghost towns if you wipe everyone out 🪖

John Milton 

I really like what I see. Now is the question about gameplay, pacing and itemization.

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

I really like what I see. Now is the question about gameplay, pacing and itemization.

Meh, always online, they can go **** themselves with a spiked bat. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

@WormerineSkillUp also disliked both Judgment games, his taste in video games is clearly suspect.:p

I'll post my first impressions over in the appropriate thread once I get a chance to play it for a bit.

• Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

@WormerineSkillUp also disliked both Judgment games, his taste in video games is clearly suspect.:p

He was also completely wrong about Doom: Eternal issues. He doesn't have too much weight with me when it comes to RPG-likes (he rarely covers them) and from what he said it is very possible that he played the game in the most boring way possible. With WW being on gamepass there is really no reason not to check it out. It's downloaded already so will probably give it a go tonight.