What You've Done Today - Always You Must Meddle, Looking For Trouble Where None Exists.

Sarex

"Home" for a couple days.
Already used to the house up there, to a point, but I still like it much better down here.  Also, I missed my desktop. That laptop I own is some cheap $300ish thing from maybe six years ago, it's like emergency use only.  😆

Hubby's feeling a little less stressed but we're still very undecided where we're going to live. We'll probably just get sick of driving back and forth in a few weeks, splitting our time, and make some random decision. Pfft.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

What's a bonus ?

Easy: When management guys get one, it's what they mistakenly believe they're worth above their regular (already inflated) pay, and when the grunts get them it's a way to make them not notice that they're underpaid and overworked. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Watching the winter olympics. "We" (saying that as someone who don't even know how to ski) just set the record for most gold medals in a single winter olympics ever, with 15 gold medals.

If you ever need a new sport to watch, I recommend biathlon.  Combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting. If you miss a shot during the shooting rounds, you get penalty laps or added time. It's really fun, and can be really nerve-wrecking to watch, especially at the last shooting round.

Still trying to keep some creative edges going.

As I mentioned the other week, I finished off sewing my Mando Flightsuit, I thought it might entertain you now I have pictures of it fitting:

u9Tai1E.jpg

1O88QTp.jpg

Now I'm plotting out my flak-vest to do, and I have a pile of materials ready to go...

13XSkyg.jpg

Just have to finalise making some patterns and the style of said flak-vest...

• Like 6

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

2 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Still trying to keep some creative edges going.

As I mentioned the other week, I finished off sewing my Mando Flightsuit, I thought it might entertain you now I have pictures of it fitting:

u9Tai1E.jpg

1O88QTp.jpg

Now I'm plotting out my flak-vest to do, and I have a pile of materials ready to go...

13XSkyg.jpg

Just have to finalise making some patterns and the style of said flak-vest...

I think you have some bugs to work out in your game, your character model is T-posing. :shifty:

• Haha 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

12 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I think you have some bugs to work out in your game, your character model is T-posing. :shifty:

Flex tests are an important thing when tailoring... ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Snowpocalypse today. Yeah, I'm ready for spring.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Would you like some park to go with those deer.

deercrossing1.jpg

...12-15 minutes walking to the park entrance, then you can walk around some short, flat trails near the river. These guys were obviously used to human walkers and I could get a few yards close before they'd look up and stare at me then sllowwwly start to saunter away a bit.  It's almost all oak trees tho and by the time we left my skin/scalp (even under light clothes) was feeling all crawly-itchy with a little bit of tiny circular bump hiving here and there. Sigh.

There's a reason I stay huddled indoors 90% of the time these days ... besides my asocial nature, I mean. Need more room filter units...old lady in a bubble...

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

Would you like some park to go with those deer.

deercrossing1.jpg

...12-15 minutes walking to the park entrance, then you can walk around some short, flat trails near the river. These guys were obviously used to human walkers and I could get a few yards close before they'd look up and stare at me then sllowwwly start to saunter away a bit.  It's almost all oak trees tho and by the time we left my skin/scalp (even under light clothes) was feeling all crawly-itchy with a little bit of tiny circular bump hiving here and there. Sigh.

There's a reason I stay huddled indoors 90% of the time these days ... besides my asocial nature, I mean. Need more room filter units...old lady in a bubble...

What a beautiful place so close, when I come to visit and I  stay on your couch for a few days we must go to this park ? I love experiencing this type of nature that is convenient 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Caught a porch thief today, small victory was the guy tripping as he fled - a sore ankle is a good punishment for it.  Getting tired of the trash in my area.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Part looking for a new place to live (my friends live north of the river and I feel a bit stuck living south of the river) and crossing t's and dotting i's on my citizenship application. Only thing holding me back is, if I move it's a hassle to change address on an application being processed.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

We've had a bit of a cold snap here in the Bay Area, so I rode my bike up to a local peak on Wednesday. Not a ton of snow, but a nice dusting. I loved the 3,000 foot climb, but I was freezing on the way down. I ended up stopping a couple times just to get the blood flowing back to my fingers.

274792679_10221705882501025_478830092497

274730033_10221705882621028_757599008826

• Like 3

Beautiful view!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Umbrella: Check

Stockpile of bottled water: Check

Crackers and canned food: Check

Torches: Check

Good thing I live on high ground (we've had nightly rainfalls of 100-400mm rain for a while now)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Changed my place from a 66 square meter apartment for a bigger one(121). I felt pretty bad when I figured out that they are not letting me close my balcony. 'It ruins the view from outside' they said.

Oh well, that's that. Can't use the balcony for now. One of the cats is dumb and I don't want to risk the poor guy falling down from the 4th floor.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It's so silent outside... for the first time in 4 days and 4 nights, my roof isn't getting hammered by rain. It's been literally non-stop torrential rain since Wednesday 😖

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-27/queensland-severe-weather-rain-flooding-bom-warnings/100864896

Brisbane river rising, Australian Defence Force evacuating areas, people dying... generally very wet at the moment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-27/wivenhoe-dam-level-rising-staged-releases-more-rain-falling/100865762

Wivenhoe Dam capacity above 180pc and rising despite staged releases, more rain falling

Looking at the bright side, the bush fire chances are very low at the moment 😌

PHOTO-2022-02-26-11-50-58.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I began my caffeine addiction in high school. (Lived in a foster home with up to 10 people in the home. My brother would wake me up at 5AM so we could get the first showers. Coffee was the only way I could stay awake until the school bus got there.) Anyway, about a year and a half ago I saw an ad for mudwtr (mud water), a coffee substitute without caffeine. Recently I ordered a (very expensive) can to try it out. Keep in mind I've only used it for 2 or 3 days and prior I was on a caffeine detox. Taste: Cinnamon. In fact so cinnamon that it made me realize that it wasn't the pumpkin in pumpkin pie I didn't like but the cinnamon. If you're like me and not the biggest fan of lots of cinnamon then I'd recommend adding the coconut creamer to your order 'cause the coconut takes the spiciness of the cinnamon down several notches. Price: $40 a 30 dose can. I was raised like a child born in the Great Depression and spent my whole life drinking only the cheapest coffee, to me that price is staggeringly high. But, Effectiveness: It works. I don't get the sudden shot of chemical satisfaction that I do from drinking caffeine but I also don't get the jitters and crashing either. It does wake me up though not as fast as coffee or Mountain Dew or a Five Hour Energy.

If anyone is interested, ingredients as seen here (not my pic):

mud-wtr.png

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

I began my caffeine addiction in high school. (Lived in a foster home with up to 10 people in the home. My brother would wake me up at 5AM so we could get the first showers. Coffee was the only way I could stay awake until the school bus got there.) Anyway, about a year and a half ago I saw an ad for mudwtr (mud water), a coffee substitute without caffeine. Recently I ordered a (very expensive) can to try it out. Keep in mind I've only used it for 2 or 3 days and prior I was on a caffeine detox. Taste: Cinnamon. In fact so cinnamon that it made me realize that it wasn't the pumpkin in pumpkin pie I didn't like but the cinnamon. If you're like me and not the biggest fan of lots of cinnamon then I'd recommend adding the coconut creamer to your order 'cause the coconut takes the spiciness of the cinnamon down several notches. Price: $40 a 30 dose can. I was raised like a child born in the Great Depression and spent my whole life drinking only the cheapest coffee, to me that price is staggeringly high. But, Effectiveness: It works. I don't get the sudden shot of chemical satisfaction that I do from drinking caffeine but I also don't get the jitters and crashing either. It does wake me up though not as fast as coffee or Mountain Dew or a Five Hour Energy.

If anyone is interested, ingredients as seen here (not my pic):

mud-wtr.png

Interesting story, thanks for sharing

Did you not drink tea when you were young instead of coffee? I was raised on tea growing up and the first time I had coffee was maybe 17-18 years old. Tea is so much better than coffee 🫖

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Interesting story, thanks for sharing

Did you not drink tea when you were young instead of coffee? I was raised on tea growing up and the first time I had coffee was maybe 17-18 years old. Tea is so much better than coffee 🫖

I like hot tea but I was raised around iced and mostly sweet tea. I don't like either iced or sweet tea so I never saw the appeal until I was older and had a hot cup instead.

image.jpg

They are getting used to the place. I also need to get used to the little one as she bites the crap out of the poor guy to the right(Ignus) whenever she feels like it. Poor Ignus. :( He never fights back, just sits there and screams as Boss chews his face away.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 5

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I've been so busy with work lately. The biggest problem is the tedium of data entry. The data that I use for my work comes from multiple platforms because we are using multiple vendors.  I am pretty handy with VB so I use Excel & Power BI for my actual work. The tedium is all this data has to be entered into excel. Manually on some formats. Some come in .csv so that's easy. 

Bri was over doing her laundry and we got to talking about it. She offered to do the data entry for me. I told her there was $20 an hour and a license for MS Office in it for her if she would. She agreed and my workload just got cut in half.

Sub-contracting. Why didn't I think of that???

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd go crazy if I had to do manual entry on stuff.  

EDIT: Actually I do manual entry on stuff, but that's errors which I have to correct by hand.  The vast majority of things I work with don't encounter errors.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Having to do that is making me want to quit my current job.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra