What You've Done Today - Always You Must Meddle, Looking For Trouble Where None Exists.

Sarex

Our water looks like that all the time.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

31 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Grooming calls ? The hell kind of business are you in ? šŸ˜›

They made a point of mentioning that it's not PC to call them that, while continuing to call them that... šŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Our water looks like that all the time.

No kidding? This was more what I was expecting:

Winter Frozen River - Free photo on Pixabay

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Coworkers all meeting up for drinks as today is "WASPs go get loaded day", so my afternoon meetings are gone - so can get some work done.

Malc you really need to start and drinking and socializing with your WASP coworkers , it builds important and durable work relationships ifĀ  you have any kind of sales role ?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

well, let's be honest-- as recent as this previous october, is unlikely that were what you were expecting... sweet summer child that you were.Ā 

"if you think this is cold, count yourself lucky that you weren't here in the winter of _________."Ā 

heard that line from locals?

well, maybe next year is when you take up ice fishing. we got a bunch o' tip-ups and an auger in the garage we never bothered to get rid of but would slit our own wrists before ever again using as a means o' recreation.Ā 

HA! Good Fun!

Ā 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Winter Frozen River - Free photo on Pixabay

Just a joke on our...uh... "rivers" in Toronto being polluted.Ā  I don't think they are truly bad these days, I know they routinely get polluted with salt runoff from our stormwater in winter.Ā Ā  I put rivers in quotes because, come on

Ā 

1280px-Humber_River_from_the_Dundas_Stre

Is that really a river ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Just a joke on our...uh... "rivers" in Toronto being polluted.Ā  I don't think they are truly bad these days, I know they routinely get polluted with salt runoff from our stormwater in winter.Ā Ā  I put rivers in quotes because, come on

Ā 

1280px-Humber_River_from_the_Dundas_Stre

Is that really a river ?

That would be a Danish river in a Danish jungle šŸ¤”

• Haha 1

ā€œHe who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.ā€ - Albert Einstein
Ā 

am knowing there is a significant amount o' reflexive hate for nixon, particular with watergate, vietnam, and the thin veiled racism o' his campaigns. all deserved.

that said, nixon pushed for uhc long before bernie sanders were anybody and he normalized relations with china, which likely did more to make the world a safer place than any other post ww2 presidential action. lesser known, he also championed the formation o' the epa. no one person deserves all or most credit for the improvement o' US lakes and rivers from the late 60s to today, but is arguable nobody deserves more credit for cleaning up the cuyahoga, lake erie or a thousand other equal terribad examples.Ā 

nixon were bad, but doesn't mean everything he did were bad and is worth mentioning is nixon who deserves much credit for the fact you can fish the cuyahoga in cleveland or the monongahela in pittsburgh today and the catfish you fry up afterwards is plentiful and perfect safe for consumption.Ā 

HA! Good Fun!

ps 'course our real excuse for posting were to share the james earl jones narrated video.Ā 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

11 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

daily_picdump_3988_640_21.jpg?attachment

I kinda dig this tradition.

A river of Mountain Dew? Get some Doritos and it's gamer heaven.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡øRFK Jr 2024šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nixon is a complicated President. He could have really dragged out the 1960 election considering how close it is, but he didn't want to come across as a sore loser. Can you imagine a modern politician making that decision?

I crashed my bike Tuesday night on a group ride. I was taking a corner pretty tight and trying to catch the back of the group, but a car was coming the other direction, so I ended up going wide on a bad line. I hit a rock and tumbled a few times. Physically I'm doing good. I jammed my thumb and it is purple, and I got some superficial scrapes. But I busted the back wheel on my bike. I also need to replace the front brake, which was giving me issues and probably contributed to the crash.

Luckily I still have my triathlon bike, and I managed a good ride on it last night. I have two weeks until my Half Ironman, so I'm just keeping it interesting. :pĀ 

• Sad 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:50 PM, Guard Dog said:

Waiting for a meeting to start. So with a wandering mind I wonder: why has no one made a Fallout 4 mod that plays CCR's Fortunate Son at max volume when you're riding a Vertibird?Ā Ā 

Theres Ride of the Valkyries atleast;

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/52295?tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/53448?tab=description

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Here in Washington state we have a reservoir called Diablo Lake that is the most striking aqua-green hue:

diablo-lake-1024x565.jpeg.webp

Supposedly it's glacial runoff that produces the hue.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

On 3/17/2022 at 12:51 PM, BruceVC said:

Malc you really need to start and drinking and socializing with your WASP coworkers , it builds important and durable work relationships ifĀ  you have any kind of sales role ?

Don't drink.Ā  Besides if I wanted to hear endless ego masturbation...I'd just come here.

šŸ˜›

Ā 

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Here in Washington state we have a reservoir called Diablo Lake that is the most striking aqua-green hue:

Beautiful. Its also nice the see the reservoir levels at near or full capacity:Ā USGS Current Conditions for USGS 12176500 DIABLO RESERVOIR NEAR NEWHALEM, WA

We also have greenish lakes:

1920px-Gr%C3%BCnerSeeAgainstMe%C3%9Fneri

The weather's been causing interesting skies in our part of Yurop recently:

1279402_bigpicture_456679_wetter_salzbur

In theory you could call that a filter effect of a sort, I guess. Not a digital one. Loads of dust in the air. :p If things are like that here, @213374U probably has seen more spectacular versions of this in Spain this week.Ā 

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Actually I haven't. We sometimes get a lot of desert dust from Northern Africa but that picture is quite striking. Very cool except for the fact that breathing that **** is really bad, and it's happening around the same time as polen levels are on the rise...

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

backyard1a.thumb.jpg.0d92bb4860411e2a41e4479206ec4e83.jpg

our backyard (redwoods off to the left ain't even in the pic) is looking increasingly terrible and am having little motivation to do the work needed to improve the situation. spent most o' last summer fixing the front yard, but side and back remain eyesores which is only ok 'cause nobody sees our backyard save our infrequent guests. the foliage is overgrown so even the golfers need be right at our fence to see more than fragmented glimpses o' our yard.Ā 

the dogs don't care how much o' a mess we got out back, so is nobody to guilt us into getting off our arse and working.

maybe next week?

HA! Good Fun!

ps the odd shaped fuzzy blob mid-left is a dog. easy to mistake species as she is built more like a hyena... smallish hyena.

Ā 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

Don't drink.Ā  Besides if I wanted to hear endless ego masturbation...I'd just come here.

šŸ˜›

Ā 

Yes I know you dont drink, thats why I said you need to startĀ šŸ»

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

When circumstances keep you mostly off and not looking at the world wide web, reminding you that for the past several years,Ā  you are generally more positive and cheerful then.Ā Ā šŸ˜›

EDITĀ  we keep waffling on which house, still, but yet we are having a lot of fun doing "stuff" in tne meantime.Ā Ā 

Edited by LadyCrimson
ā€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.ā€ ā€“ Alan Watts

Wife's boss got caught in a lie about her promotion so she's looking to leave for another team or possibly even find something else with a new company. I'm struggling to come up with a name for a new business I'm starting. I also turned down another job offer because they couldn't offer me at least 2 days of working from home and my current job said I could WFH full time and they also offered me a little more lunch money.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

20 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Ā I'm struggling to come up with a name for a new business I'm starting.Ā 

a couple decades past we had a friend who made surfboards. his business didn't last long, but his biz name were rabid dolphin inc. kinda a kewl logo and we may even still have a t-shirt with the image. as such, am gonna suggest "rabid __________." colorado specific? bison? beaver? elk? don't much matter, but am thinking you could come up with a groovy logo and we need a new t-shirt and/or hoodie.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am knowing shady is more into vampires and gothic, so am s'posing he could forĀ  zombie beaver instead o' rabid. would make for an equal interesting t-shirt or coffee mug logo. for us is all 'bout the logo.Ā 

and yes, am fully aware our advice is not helpful.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Wife's boss got caught in a lie about her promotion so she's looking to leave for another team or possibly even find something else with a new company. I'm struggling to come up with a name for a new business I'm starting. I also turned down another job offer because they couldn't offer me at least 2 days of working from home and my current job said I could WFH full time and they also offered me a little more lunch money.

We can only assist with clever names if you explain what the business is?

Ā 

John MiltonĀ 

Ā 

Ā