Weird - Random - Interesting

Amentep

I sing happy birthday to my dog. I don't know when her birthday is or how old she is. But I found her on 7/12/2014 so on that day she gets a special meal and a treat from Woofgang Puck

• Like 9

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

22 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I sing happy birthday to my dog. I don't know when her birthday is or how old she is. But I found her on 7/12/2014 so on that day she gets a special meal and a treat from Woofgang Puck

I love your dogs and I love you.

Please continue being awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skazz said:

But... I like when people sing Happy Birthday to me. :(

I'm worried now. Should I revoke my membership in the human race?

Whenever you go with friends to a restaurant just have one of them tell the waiters that it's your birthday.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

15 hours ago, Skazz said:

Should I revoke my membership in the human race?

I've been pondering doing that myself. I need to learn proper farming and survival skills over the next couple years. By then, hopefully,  I've got a house in the mountains of North Carolina or Tennessee (same mountains, different sides) and I'll just cut the cord and disappear. Maybe not full on Jeremiah Johnson, but basically make 1 trip a month into town for supplies and straight up hermit style beyond that. Civilization can go ahead and destroy itself, **** em. I'll be off on my own plot of fairly secluded land, living as much as I can off my own crops, with a shotgun, a rifle, and a pistol.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I've been pondering doing that myself. I need to learn proper farming and survival skills over the next couple years. By then, hopefully,  I've got a house in the mountains of North Carolina or Tennessee (same mountains, different sides) and I'll just cut the cord and disappear. Maybe not full on Jeremiah Johnson, but basically make 1 trip a month into town for supplies and straight up hermit style beyond that. Civilization can go ahead and destroy itself, **** em. I'll be off on my own plot of fairly secluded land, living as much as I can off my own crops, with a shotgun, a rifle, and a pistol.

Ah, so the good old GD model.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Ah, so the good old GD model.

GD is ahead of the curve and an inspiration. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 hours ago, Keyrock said:

:lol: Thanks. The start up costs are a little steep and it is a LOT of work. But, in the long run it saves money and you do become reasonably self sufficient. I could live off the land here indefinitely if I absolutely had to. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

18 hours ago, Skazz said:

I love your dogs and I love you.

Please continue being awesome.

Back at'cha buddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thomas Sowell

You know something weird that may be a conspiracy? L0L

I can post on Obsidian forums but can't post in the Politics thread anymore. It keeps saying 'Forbidden'. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

13 hours ago, Volourn said:

You know something weird that may be a conspiracy? L0L

I can post on Obsidian forums but can't post in the Politics thread anymore. It keeps saying 'Forbidden'. LMAO

Censorship kracking down on Kanadians! 😝

Were you by any chance trying to post an embedded video? Looks like that function has issues recently.

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nope. Just a couple of quotes + replies of fellow board members. No  star words either. Could be a punk. Like I said, very curious it is just that thread. L0L

Interesting...

A mod replies to me here, and now I can post in the Politics thread.  Conspiracy theories are fun. L0L Not a huge deal either way. Just tricky board maintenance, I guess. Haha.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:46 AM, Keyrock said:

Hey Keyrock, you can probably do this without the misanthopic paranoia that drives some of us but that would be like popcorn with no butter!

• Haha 2

Thomas Sowell

52 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Hey Keyrock, you can probably do this without the misanthopic paranoia that drives some of us but that would be like popcorn with no butter!

No worries, I've been #Misanthrope4Lyfe for as long as I can remember. :thumbsup:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 6/26/2020 at 2:20 PM, Keyrock said:

No Internet?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 hours ago, Raithe said:

phillip k. d!ck, in the intro to a collection o' his short stories, spoke o' heinlein:

Several years ago, when I was ill, Heinlein offered his help, anything he could do, and we had never met; he would phone me to cheer me up and see how I was doing. He wanted to buy me an electric typewriter, God bless him—one of the few true gentlemen in this world. I don't agree with any ideas he puts forth in his writing, but that is neither here nor there. One time when I owed the IRS a lot of money and couldn't raise it, Heinlein loaned the money to me. I think a great deal of him and his wife; I dedicated a book to them in appreciation. Robert Heinlein is a fine-looking man, very impressive and very military in stance; you can tell he has a military background, even to the haircut. He knows I'm a flipped-out freak and still he helped me and my wife when we were in trouble. That is the best in humanity, there; that is who and what I love.

am thinking heinlein is misunderstood by many as some kinda jingoist warhawk. maybe he was.

*shrug*

regardless o' phillip k's opinion o' heinlein's ideas, am personal a big fan o' the moon is a harsh mistress and we believe job: a comedy of justice, is criminal underappreciated. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I always remember Heinlein on E.E. "Doc" Smith...

Heinlein reported that E. E. Smith perhaps took his "unrealistic" heroes from life, citing as an example the extreme competence of the hero of Spacehounds of IPC. He reported that E. E. Smith was a large, blond, athletic, very intelligent, very gallant man, married to a remarkably beautiful, intelligent, red-haired woman named MacDougal (thus perhaps the prototypes of 'Kimball Kinnison' and 'Clarissa MacDougal'). In Heinlein's essay, he reports that he began to suspect Smith might be a sort of "superman" when he asked Smith for help in purchasing a car. Smith tested the car by driving it on a back road at illegally high speeds with their heads pressed tightly against the roof columns to listen for chassis squeaks by bone conduction —a process apparently improvised on the spot.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."