Weird - Random - Interesting

Amentep

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Doesn't mean they didn't beat the holy hell out of it once subdued then arrested/broke the phones of all the witnesses. Or maybe they only do that to people.

They treat their own with a bit more restraint. ba-dum *tsk*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

If it gets piglets, future generations of pigs might eventually develop wings 😁

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

23 hours ago, Gorth said:

If it gets piglets, future generations of pigs might eventually develop wings 😁

But flying pigs already exist. Duke Nukem Forever came out. Therefore, pigs can fly. ;)

On the other hand, that does not imply that flying pigs have wings. They could levitate via anti-gravity or have jet engine anuses.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

With enough thrust, anything is possible.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wonder how much his reflection would be about hope and resilience if he had been in a real crisis, not just a toilet paper shortage and a few weeks without restaurant visits 🤔

Like, if he had had no food and water for days, survived the 217th bombing attack of his village and his family locked up and burned alive for being white?

Edit: or even just one of the poor suckers who have now lost their job for a foreseeable future

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

"Locked up and burned alive for being white?"  Where or when has this happened?

Entirely a fictive situation, that's he likely never going to experience, which is why I doubt he really has a clue what he's talking about.

Edit: Feel free to mentally substitute with another ethnic group, that has actually been persecuted.

So, somehow I expected the information warfare detachment to be a bit less unapologetic and obvious ?

https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/formations-divisions-brigades/6th-united-kingdom-division/77-brigade

But, this is a real thing. The Orwellian truth bending brigade. Every country has one. 

Among other things they create and disseminate fake news. Hong Kong, Wuhan, the US presidential race, you name it, there is one at work.

Edited by Totally not Gorgon

Land  O Lakes has removed the Indian woman from their logo

Land O'Lakes New Change Sparks Outrage, Kiss This Butter Buyer's Ass!

Makes sense I guess. Many companies are turning away from using native americans as logos.

But, in a funny not funny moment they kept the land... and got rid of the indian!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Yeaaaaa. I'm a few weeks into teaching through Google Meets, and it's pretty much the worst experience ever. I have 30+ kids in a grid, most with the camera off, and I'm trying to figure out how to teach anything that way. It's horrible. At least I have a relationship with these kids though, I can't imagine starting a brand new year with kids I don't know and have expectations for already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

Yeaaaaa. I'm a few weeks into teaching through Google Meets, and it's pretty much the worst experience ever. I have 30+ kids in a grid, most with the camera off, and I'm trying to figure out how to teach anything that way. It's horrible. At least I have a relationship with these kids though, I can't imagine starting a brand new year with kids I don't know and have expectations for already. 

Need to have them wired up so you can remotely taser them if they misbehave.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

9 hours ago, Malcador said:

Need to have them wired up so you can remotely taser them if they misbehave.

Why waste this on pupils, I need this for users. Like, immediately. 😄

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Is the world a more f----d up place now? Or, was it always completely f---d up and we're just more aware of it now? 

Bah. What's the f-----g difference. We all have a lot to drink about. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

19 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Is the world a more f----d up place now? Or, was it always completely f---d up and we're just more aware of it now? 

Bah. What's the f-----g difference. We all have a lot to drink about. 

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less f---d than it has been throughout history. Seriously. There isn't a time period in the past that you can reasonably argue was better. We are definitely more aware of it. Most of us possess an incredible amount of access to all of human knowledge on a small device we carry around. Sure, we use it mostly for looking at cat memes, but that's beside the point!

36 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less f---d than it has been throughout history. Seriously. There isn't a time period in the past that you can reasonably argue was better. We are definitely more aware of it. Most of us possess an incredible amount of access to all of human knowledge on a small device we carry around. Sure, we use it mostly for looking at cat memes, but that's beside the point!

:lol: I was really referring to within our lifetimes. As plagues go Corona ain't got a thing  on some of the past outbreaks. 

Thomas Sowell