Why have you come here?

JohnPnP

If I wanted misery, I'd start a romance or multiplayer thread on the Project: Eternity Boards... :p

I'll cut you.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Came for PE, stayed for the off-topic.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I came here because I thought it was a thread made today. How wrong I was.

I came to these boards because when I actually decided to join a forum, I wanted to join one with people that liked the sort of games I do.

We'll we're glad you joined anyway. :p

oh-you-CCx3r2.jpg

Wow, I've seen some thread necromancy in my day, but 9 1/2 years takes the cake.

/pats Sargallath on the back

Project Eternity is what brought me here.  I stayed because the community is mostly non-a-holes, which is nice.

Indeed.

One can only imagine him standing in some mountaintop laboratory, massive arcs of electricity singing across his internet cables.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just checked and I came here first in _2005_!

That's a hell of a long time.

*shudder*

Not a great set of years, but I guess they could have been worse.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Became somewhat overexcited perusing the attractive rodent thread.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm here because I wasn't cool enough (actually, too young) to hang in the Black Isle forums, so if I joined right away in this one I could pretend to be hip and stuff. 

Also, I really used to like discussing games on here, though I think the demographic these days is a lot lighter on old school RPG dudes. Maybe with PE...

Sargy does that. He's the only one who remembers where these ancient threads are buried. 

:p

Indiana Sargy stars in RAIDERS OF THE LOST THREAD

Wow, I've seen some thread necromancy in my day, but 9 1/2 years takes the cake.

/pats Sargallath on the back

Indeed.

One can only imagine him standing in some mountaintop laboratory, massive arcs of electricity singing across his internet cables.

original.gif

:lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I'm a BSN refugee.

During the time of DAO I used to be a very active member on the Bioware Social Network till everything went downhill with the disappointing DAO:Awakening, DA2, ME3 and the infiltration of a new kind of audience I've grown to dislike.

When I learned about Project Eternity (Sadly too late to make a kickstarter donation *headdesk*) and a friend of mine convinced me to register to the Obsidian forums (Thanks, TsugaC!) I left the beaten disaster zone the BSN had become to seek shelter and refuge here.

Ok, I haven't left the BSN completely, but the Obsidian forums is such a nicer and more civilized place, not to mention as a classic D&D RPG fan I'm way more interested in PE than in any of BW's current abomin...I mean projects / new directions.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I got banned from da BSN

Haven't we all been?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

It was IWD2 for me. And like other long-timers, stayed for the off-topic: heck after IWD2 I think I stayed more or less clear of any of the specific game forums.

And I may be misremembering things, but I don't think I'd ever signed up to any forum before BIS, and was very timid initially.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Okay I only became active last year when the funding of PE started. I left my old forum, Mortal Online, and appreciated the discussions and intellectual debate on these forums

I really enjoy these forums. I think we have a nice mix of eccentric, brilliant, sensitive, verbose, reasonable and all round nice people who are regulars. The only thing we don't have is enough lady members.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Came for the Kotor2. Lurked first, registered later. Made galleries. Had some laughs. Met some cool people. Sometimes I blathered a lot, sometimes I lurked a lot. I've taken occasional hiatuses but never stay away for long.

I like it here.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wandered in here about 6 months before the release of Alpha Protocol and been skulking around ever since... :shifty:

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Interplay forums were only around for about a year I think. I know I registered on BIS in mid-2002, and this place was opened February 2004 (since I assume my registered date was within a day of the launch, which also appears to be the date this thread was created), so that'd place the forced migration from BIS to IPLY in late 2002 to early 2003? (God the colour scheme for that forum was ugly)

I might have better info on my other PC, got a screenshot of a couple incidents (such as the whole Lord Jim thing) which would have timestamps on them.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

On and off poster/lurker on the old Black Isle and Interplay boards dating back to TotSC. Was hugely entertained by all the trolls and flame wars and stuck around. Followed Bio after the NWN schism in 2001. Heard the old Black Isle gang got back together and are opening new boards on Feb 7, 2004. Signed up on Feb 8.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I cant remember how I got here. The previous board closed or something? Can someone help a brother out here with a timeline?

I think I remember you from a very, very long time ago.

Pre-2004, easily, on the old boards IIRC. There were those drop-down thread board software with crazy reply chains. Karzak and Gromnir featured heavily, as did Sargy and 6'8 Italian Warlord or whatever he was called. I was posting on the Unwashed Village and was a moderator on BGDungeon when I migrated to BIS (sort of Planescape-coming-into-IWD1).

Sh1t, I remember posting about the time of 9/11 with some folks from these boards, we all shared that awful WTF vibe.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

I joined the Interplay/BIS boards in 98 or 99 I think, because of Fallout. Migrated here after Feargus and co announced the new company.

Does anyone know where Puuk(I think thats what he called himself, Hulk avatar) ended up after he got laid off at BIS?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg