Why have you come here?

JohnPnP

I stopped by because I found my old copy of BG:SOA and tried unsuccessfully to install it... Then remembered the insane amount of time I use to spend on the old boards and thought I would stop in to see if there was anyone still here to say hi to :)

I'm still looking for my +6 spear heh

Mostly Harmless

The Interplay forums were only around for about a year I think. I know I registered on BIS in mid-2002, and this place was opened February 2004 (since I assume my registered date was within a day of the launch, which also appears to be the date this thread was created), so that'd place the forced migration from BIS to IPLY in late 2002 to early 2003? (God the colour scheme for that forum was ugly)

I might have better info on my other PC, got a screenshot of a couple incidents (such as the whole Lord Jim thing) which would have timestamps on them.

I remember the Lord Jim debacle and I'm sure I have screen shots on an old computer. And yeah, the colour scheme of IPLY forums was truly horrible.

Does anyone know where Puuk(I think thats what he called himself, Hulk avatar) ended up after he got laid off at BIS?

That was Damien Folletto. After BIS, he was involved in a post-apocalyptic game called The Fall: Last Days of Gaia. Not sure where he is now.

Found one. Slightly earlier timeline than I thought, though if you look at the other tab in the browser (Netscape had tabbed browsing? I don't even remember that), BIS was still sort of open (I think they locked most of the forums but OT or something was still accessible for a bit).

Alongside that I also found some old video clips of TessCalliSarah giving a guided tour of her new house, heh.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Found one. Slightly earlier timeline than I thought, though if you look at the other tab in the browser (Netscape had tabbed browsing? I don't even remember that), BIS was still sort of open (I think they locked most of the forums but OT or something was still accessible for a bit).

Alongside that I also found some old video clips of TessCalliSarah giving a guided tour of her new house, heh.

Great Stuff. Yep and I used Netscape all the time back then. I have to wonder when I joined the BIS forums. Must have been around 1999 or 2000.

Does anyone know where Puuk(I think thats what he called himself, Hulk avatar) ended up after he got laid off at BIS?

That was Damien Folletto. After BIS, he was involved in a post-apocalyptic game called The Fall: Last Days of Gaia. Not sure where he is now.

LinkedIn profile has him as a Lead Designer at Microsoft. So he's moved up in the world, good for him. He was one of the more prolific posters and I believe the one who let everyone know BIS got shut down. Good to see he had some success (even if it was mostly on MMOs)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm a BSN refugee.

During the time of DAO I used to be a very active member on the Bioware Social Network till everything went downhill with the disappointing DAO:Awakening, DA2, ME3 and the infiltration of a new kind of audience I've grown to dislike.

When I learned about Project Eternity (Sadly too late to make a kickstarter donation *headdesk*) and a friend of mine convinced me to register to the Obsidian forums (Thanks, TsugaC!) I left the beaten disaster zone the BSN had become to seek shelter and refuge here.

Ok, I haven't left the BSN completely, but the Obsidian forums is such a nicer and more civilized place, not to mention as a classic D&D RPG fan I'm way more interested in PE than in any of BW's current abomin...I mean projects / new directions.

Ha..I still drop by BSN occasionaly.

Mosty to drop by a few perls of wisdom.... and occasionaly provoke some pro-mage fanatics :p

I hope against hope that DA:I won't be a total dissapointment.

But I've been all over the internets. The first community I was part of (and still am, tough not as active) was Hard Light Production (Freespace modding). Then I moved around as I palyed and modded other games. Jagged Alliance 2, Relic forums, Lucas Arts forums, Kerberos Productions,  Infinity, etc, etc.. I frankly lost count of all the forums I've been.

These forums are among the nicest ones I've been tough. Kudos.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I cant remember how I got here. The previous board closed or something? Can someone help a brother out here with a timeline?

Man, old age sure does pack a punch.. :)

Never been on the BSN, I think you need ownership to post, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Old age is full of the suck. :(

I have / had an account at Bioware a long time ago but I too have never posted since they changed to having to own the game to be able to post. I was more referring to ye olden days. I think what happened is that the Interplay boards went belly up and I then registered here and the Lair.

...hehehe...ain't we all, lad; ain't we all...hehehe... ;)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Since someone necroed this thread I keep singing:

Why do you come here ?
And why do you hang around ?
I'm so sorry
I'm so sorry

Why do you come here
When you know it makes things hard for me ?
When you know, oh
Why do you come ?

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

...jus' cuz I feels like a bit o' yesteryear... :biggrin:

You are a remarkable individual.

...tell me wife that...hehehe... :p

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Just wondering why you wanna hang out on these boards.

I came here cause my old boards went to hell in a hand basket (way too much forumdrama).

Because I wub Obsidian Entertainment! :3 and I agree with you, I find these boards a lot friendlier compared to some other forums I have visited.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

That thread always made me laugh... Oh and it's lass, not lad sweetheart

Mostly Harmless

Wait !!! Please don't go anywhere Raven as we don't have enough lady members who contribute regularly to Off Topic. We have everything else....humour, intelligence, sensitivity, insight....but not enough female opinions on topics

I'm happy to bribe you if you stay? Maybe a game on Steam?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I can almost hear the despair in his voice... :lol:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm mostly here to follow Project Eternity.

Which is kind of funny, because the internet forum I ever jo ined was the Bioware forums waaaaaaaaaay back to follow the development of Neverwinter Nights (and subsequently the Black Isle forums due to community overlap).

Kind of fell out of PC gaming since then for various reasons, but now I'm starting to get back into it bit by bit and so I figured, since there's an upcoming game I'm interested in, might as well check out the community while I wait for it.

So in a sense it feels a bit like coming full circle.

• Like 1

I'm mostly here to follow Project Eternity.

Which is kind of funny, because the internet forum I ever jo ined was the Bioware forums waaaaaaaaaay back to follow the development of Neverwinter Nights (and subsequently the Black Isle forums due to community overlap).

Kind of fell out of PC gaming since then for various reasons, but now I'm starting to get back into it bit by bit and so I figured, since there's an upcoming game I'm interested in, might as well check out the community while I wait for it.

So in a sense it feels a bit like coming full circle.

Nice one, well welcome :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Discussed the idea of a modern day Baldur's Gate over Skype with a friend all summer 2012. Googled around a little bit after finishing the first Baldur's Gate then bam, Project Eternity out of the blue. I recall being a part of some Dragon Age Community for a while after Origins, hyping and discussing Dragon Age 2. I believe it was the official forums too, but I think "BSN" looked way different back then *shrug* was an active member for maybe 3-4 months or so~

I actually never posted in this thread. I came here because Obsidian's forums opened.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just checked and I came here first in _2005_!

That's a hell of a long time.

*shudder*

Not a great set of years, but I guess they could have been worse.

This makes no sense to me. I cannot remember you not being here.

EDIT: Same for Lady Crimson. How come you guys feel like fixtures, I still feel like somewhat of a newb, yet I've been here longer? I guess it's because I don't post a lot.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I have no idea on why i am coming here.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wait !!! Please don't go anywhere Raven as we don't have enough lady members who contribute regularly to Off Topic. We have everything else....humour, intelligence, sensitivity, insight....but not enough female opinions on topics

I'm happy to bribe you if you stay? Maybe a game on Steam?

I'll do my best to stick around for a while at least. :) I always loved the people on the bis forums

• Like 1

Mostly Harmless