What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I found a decent number of side quests further on in the game. It's definitely possible to get most of the hub quests in chapter 1, though you'd have troubles doing some at low level which offer follow up quests.

Having said that I'm not sure there are any gated by chapter which aren't plot related, the gating is mostly being capable of fighting up to Chimera level monsters or high level humans.

I've found zero that weren't already unlocked for me in Chapter 1.  Yes, some of them required me to be higher level before doing them, but other than main story stuff, faction-related stuff, or companion stuff, I haven't come across a single side quest that wasn't there way back in the first part of the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dungeons 2, beat the campaign onto the expansion. I like the undead army, but they've ramped the difficulty up a bit. Getting swarmed while being stuck at tier 1!

Thankfully I just unlocked tier 2 and the game tends to not ramp up the enemies. Or at least it didn't. The expansion is breaking assumptions.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think I will have give Dungeons 2 another go - got it for free - after the first mission and 'humour' left me cold.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I just played through RDR2 chapter 5 yesterday and...

eh... what the hell. Felt like this was done by a completely different team. 110% railroading, jumping from cutscene to cutscene and having these weird "press left analog stick up"-moments that add NOTHING to the experience at all. The paradise island... ok, I can live with that, but it was just so damn pointless. Run to the ship, stranding on the island, cutscene hopping, run back to the main island... this felt just so damn anticlimactic. If they at least tried to make it feel as if lots of time had passed or something, but nope... railroading, killing lots of people, tl;dr ... worst part of the game so far.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Do you play Dungeons2 on Steam or GOG? I got it for free too, and bought all expacs on GOG, but I am unable to install all of them :-/

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've been watching a lot of Artifact Titch streams the last few days in preparation of the game's upcoming release. I've been wanting to get into a CCG for years now and while Hearthstone was fun for a bit, I found it too... streamlined for my liking. I played Magic the Gathering many many years ago, the physical version, and loved it, but I never got into the digital version of the game for some reason. When I heard Richard Garfield was helping Valve make Artifact I immediately grew interested. Having now seen the game in action the anticipation is killing me. I am going to be the world's greatest Trucker/Artifact player.

tenor.gif

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Do you play Dungeons2 on Steam or GOG? I got it for free too, and bought all expacs on GOG, but I am unable to install all of them :-/

I played it on GOG. Got it free, but bought the expansion. All the other DLCs are skirmish maps. GOG seems to download DLC automatically like Steam. I know it confused me for a while at first, too.

• Like 1

I installed it from standalone installers, and later I have imported it to Galaxy. But the Galaxy showed me only one DLC installed :( So I do not know, if that is OK, or something was wrong with the Galaxy at that time. Is about 4-5 weeks when I've tried it last time.

I'm replaying SOMA, which is ****ing fantastic. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of the fact that they kinda cut down even more on the "gamey" parts from Amnesia (which in turn did the same from the Penumbras) but it's just hard to argue against how well-crafted it is. It's actually probably one of the best realized gameworlds I've seen, especially in how it ties in with the setting and story. It's just very well thought out all in all and very atmospheric. The sound design is unreal.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm replaying SOMA, which is ****ing fantastic. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of the fact that they kinda cut down even more on the "gamey" parts from Amnesia (which in turn did the same from the Penumbras) but it's just hard to argue against how well-crafted it is. It's actually probably one of the best realized gameworlds I've seen, especially in how it ties in with the setting and story. It's just very well thought out all in all and very atmospheric. The sound design is unreal.

Soma is a very underrated gem (What's new right?)

I think it's strongest points are atmosphere and voice acting. It's a short game and a one plauthrough type of game but with that comes the superior game design. Simple but smart.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I installed it from standalone installers, and later I have imported it to Galaxy. But the Galaxy showed me only one DLC installed :( So I do not know, if that is OK, or something was wrong with the Galaxy at that time. Is about 4-5 weeks when I've tried it last time.

Have you clicked on the dlc tag? It should then show which dlc you own vs installed via checkboxes. I have found that importing standalone installations into Galaxy tends to have minor issues like achievements not working until you verify the install so I wouldn't be surprised if it was having problems with detecting dlc.

There's also global and single game "don't update" settings that I imagine would stop any dlc automatically installing.

Yup. I have checked the DLC tab, and only one was checked. All other were impossible to install for some reason. I even clicked on repair installation, with no success :-( I will need to check it again this weekend or the next one, maybe it was just a weird bug of the former version.

I've leveled up my character's stats to where I can use the Redeemer plasma rifle.  It's damn good at mowing down even the toughest enemies.  There's one that's got even better damage stats (my strength isn't enough to use it yet), but I don't know how good it actually is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition for PS4 today for $10.00 at Gamestop, installed it and played for about 15 minutes. I can already tell it's going to be refreshing after playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

I'm saving it for when I have some free time, for now still gonna work on RDR2 :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Back to Icewind Dale. The Dragon's Eye is where this place starts to pick up quite a bit. Not a lot of junk loot, but each level is practically a different dungeon.

Also helps that my party feels overpowered as heck. So I just cut through all the snakes and undead like a mail order sword through the fingers of a roomate at a college party where everyone's had way too much to drink and there's the cute girl there he's trying to impress.

Decided to replay Fallout 3 for some reason. Do people who claim "Fallout 3 is better than NV because better exploration!" have a hard-on for abandoned subway stations? Given how much "exploration" is actually traversing those identical things.

Washington D. C. itself, yea. That area is crappy. Anyway, NV is much more down to earth (therefore, barren) and railroady whereas F3's world is far more open and rich (which, in turn, can feel ridiculous) - but it's definitely more entertaining to just walk around it as opposed to doing quests, which are leagues better in NV.

Never liked the Fo3 game world and everyone who says Bethesda is good at world building... well, they can go F themselves for all I care.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The level scaling in Fallout 3 kills the game for me so badly I can't even form an opinion on their world building.

Ooh, let's go check out the... and I'm running into an albino radscorpion again.

Finished RDR2. The later missions were quite dragging and tiresome, because it was always exactly the same. Go somewhere, try to sneak, shoot lots of people, run away to some place. Rinse and repeat. Yawn.

I'm in the epilog now and it's pretty nice. Was very confused and surprised to see that

the RDR1 map is in this game. Didn't expected this at all, but I guess it is primarily for RDR2 Online later.

I have been playing Warhammer 40.000: Mechanicus.

(Since Shady asked)

It is a small tactics game in the 40K universe. The player takes on the role of an Adeptus Mechanicus magus in command of an exploratory fleet/ship in orbit of some planet.

The planet so happens to be a Necron tomb world.

The player sends teams into the tombs on missions. They scavenge for blackstone (some whatever resource in 40K) and try to not take too long.

There are three parts to the game:

The ship is the usual management interface where you can select missions and equip and upgrade your tech-priests (your main soldiers). You use the blackstone you have scaveneged to upgrade tech-priests and in this the resource works as XP. There are 6 skill trees, though tree is the wrong word as they are linear. You do have the option though of spending points in any specialization. The higher the upgrade level of a tech-priest, the more augment slots they have and the more stuff you can equip them with.

When you go on a mission you choose a squad of 6. You start the game with only two tech-priests, so you will have to fill up the extra slots with cannon-fodder. Initially that means Servitors. Though later on, through mission rewards, you will unlock other soldier types that will cost blackstone to deploy to the mission (half of the cost being refunded if the unit survives).

When your cohort (they aren't called squads in this game) enter a tomb, you see a 3D scan of the tomb with visualizations of the cohort's location. You command the cohort to move through rooms to reach their objectives. Most rooms will trigger an event, which will give you three options to react. Some results will be good. Some results will be bad. Sometimes results will be be both. Your command staff have different personalities and will have their own views on how you act.

When you enter an objective room or a room with wake Necrons the game changes to the turn based tactical map.

Combat is about managing a unique resource to the Mechanicus: Cognition. You collect this from specific spots on the map and from defeated enemies. Cognition is required to use abilities and most weapons. It also is your cohorts action points. Cognition is shared among the whole squad.

So a base move is free, but a second move will cost 1 point. Attacking with the trusty power axe? Another point. Shooting with a flamer? 4 points. Etc. Early on there doesn't necessarily seem enough of cognition around, but as tech-priests upgrade and more tech becomes available, they will get some tricks. And there is always the trusty Servitors. If a servitor gets attacked, the Mechanicus analyze the effect of the weapon on the unfortunate target and get cognition for it.

After the mission you get your reward, loot etc and heal your tech-priests using obviously blackstone, the resource for everything.

The game is not difficult. It also doesn't seem to be too long. After a bit over a dozen missions I am 38% done (the game has a timer that slowly ticks up to 100% which I expect will result in the final battle - an average mission advances it by 3% for me). I expect the game to be no more than 16-18 hours of gameplay if you replay things, take it slow and don't rush too many missions.

The Mechanicus as protagonists are refreshing for 40K as we haven't seen them used this way before.

[[Verdict:]] emotional receptors experiencing :fun:

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

How is performance on Mechanicus? I'm worried my integrated graphics wouldn't be able to handle it. Or that it'd run like Xcom 2 did.