What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Heh, I'll happily tell you this in public, no worries, but it's… complicated.

To make a long story short:

-Born German, according my birth certificate.

-Up until January this year, I only knew that my father was a warchild survivor from WW2. I've barely met him, and his young German mother refused to tell him about his father who died at the end of the war, and oddly enough she didn't know much about her family, not even her parents, in fact.

-And my mother's side, that one I really know heaps and heaps about, being a genealogist and such. It's Swedish/French/Belgian, primarily.

Well, I decided to dig deeper, and struck gold in recently made-public archives in Germany after New Year's:

-It turns out that my dad's father was a Catholic and almost entirely Polish, and my dad's "German" mother was Polish/Slovakian/Hungarian.

So, my origins have changed quite a bit as of late. At the moment, I'm very proud to say that I'm a Germanized Pole with French nerves. ;)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Tried leaving my club in FM but just couldn't as I found it annoying to watch the youngsters I picked succeed without me in charge :lol:  It definitely sucks being IF Elfsborg, sure I get into CL but I end up in a group with PSG, Man U and Bilbao so I just get murdered by players who earn more than my entire organization.

I love that you've picked Elfsborg out of all Swedish teams. "De gulsvarta" (The Yellow-Blacks"), from the city of Borås, which for a very long time was the heart of the textile industry in Sweden. It still was when I grew up. It's a working class team, and bigger Swedish teams, like IFK Göteborg in Gothenburg, they still give them flak for being hillbillies and backwater and such. We've had at least one prime minister from Borås, and he's a devoted Elfsborg fan, obviously. IF Elfsborg, the club now being 114 years old, with its heydays in the mid 1900s, flared up yet again as a successful team in the years 2005-2010, something like that, as they had a few key national team players, performing excellently and consistently, plus a great coach.

Well nice, I just picked them as their shirt was yellow.  Also trying to avoid playing as big money teams, FM is boring that way so I didn't bother with Malmo or Goteborg.  Club is rich now, have 22 MM I can use for transfers, but then all decent players refuse to play for me due to reputation.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, I'll happily tell you this in public, no worries, but it's… complicated.

To make a long story short:

-Born German, according my birth certificate.

-Up until January this year, I only knew that my father was a warchild survivor from WW2. I've barely met him, and his young German mother refused to tell him about his father who died at the end of the war, and oddly enough she didn't know much about her family, not even her parents, in fact.

-And my mother's side, that one I really know heaps and heaps about, being a genealogist and such. It's Swedish/French/Belgian, primarily.

Well, I decided to dig deeper, and struck gold in recently made-public archives in Germany after New Year's:

-It turns out that my dad's father was a Catholic and almost entirely Polish, and my dad's "German" mother was Polish/Slovenian/Hungarian.

So, my origins have changed quite a bit as of late. At the moment, I'm very proud to say that I'm a Germanized Pole with French nerves. ;)

So fellow gopnik in the end xD

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Got the new Hitman 1 GOTY from Steam's sale (yea, there are remastered levels in H2, I know, don't care)

a) The more I play the game, the more I realize how brilliant it is

b) Still playing the first level I've had for ages to do a bit of a recap and I'm having a blast anyway - the replayability is amazing

c) I just noticed all the escalations and bonus missions that exist for each map... Just how much content is there?

(oh right and then there's the second difficulty which actually makes the game more difficult in clever ways as opposed to "enemies have more HP and see farther")

Edited by Fenixp

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. It's just fun and with charming characters, so I ended up putting everything else aside for it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nothing because it's a holiday today.

But I thought it necessary to post this comment...

Tomorrow I may or may not resume gaming but if I do, it will be Red Dead Redemption 2 of course.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

You can get through a level in Hitman and just not see vast majority of its content without actually replaying it like 3-4 times, it's brilliant.

Long story short: I'm still stuck replaying the Paris level which I've owned all along and have difficulties persuading myself to proceed before I see all the major stuff there is to see in it.

I have this PS2 slim connected to an old Sony crt. So I jokingly start playing Drakengard on it and now, I have no valid reason to go back to RDR2.

Yoko Taro is GOD!

That's just nostalgia blinding your judgement!

[/sarcasm_off]

I see what you did there. :lol:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I have this PS2 slim connected to an old Sony crt. So I jokingly start playing Drakengard on it and now, I have no valid reason to go back to RDR2.

Yoko Taro is GOD!

That's just nostalgia blinding your judgement!

It doesn't count, he already finished RDR2!!!

I rarely go back to a game after finishing a playthrough (due to backlog that consists of older ahd newer games). One game I'm dying to get to is Psychonauts and then there's Enslaved and Enclave. But we can't put that on "Nostalgia" either since I have no memories with them - I have never played them before.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Still Grim Dawn, still loving playing a Necro/Arcanist, into Elite difficulty now. She uses this "laser ray" spell so I have something to do besides stand around staring at the summons fight. I'm so glad you can control what loot rarity is visible. I have it set to only show green and above so I don't have to stare at the 100000000 yellow items which don't even sell for much and get in my way visually.

I have a Necro/Shaman going as well, she can add another pet (who can buff your other pets) on top so that's probably the best summoning combo, imo.

Plus my pure Arcanist who is a total fast cast spell spamming fool.

Good times.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Who's Yoko Taro?

A fellow nihilist.

you are nihilist? that must be exhausting :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Still Grim Dawn, still loving playing a Necro/Arcanist, into Elite difficulty now. She uses this "laser ray" spell so I have something to do besides stand around staring at the summons fight. I'm so glad you can control what loot rarity is visible. I have it set to only show green and above so I don't have to stare at the 100000000 yellow items which don't even sell for much and get in my way visually.

I have a Necro/Shaman going as well, she can add another pet (who can buff your other pets) on top so that's probably the best summoning combo, imo.

Plus my pure Arcanist who is a total fast cast spell spamming fool.

Good times.

Love the arpg genre but the reason I takes me twice as long to finish one as a normal human being is that I pick up all the loot regardless of character. (I play games like I live my life: cheap.)

^ I'm the same way actually, it's just that in Grim Dawn after the first 25-30 clvl's imo the green+ items are the only things worth looking at. Even with that it's so much I spend 30-60 minutes after every session cleaning up a lot of "maybes" out of the shared stash and have multiple mule-only chrs.

Tried Diablo3 on the PS4. Wow that radial menu system for looking at inventory and what your character is wearing - it blows. I mean maybe it's efficient in a way but I dislike it intensely. When I use the stick to try to navigate it always overshoots....the UI text is also a bit too small for sitting farther away even on the 43" TV. Borderlands series was fine re: their more simple UI even with all their billion guns and accessories and skiltlrees, D3 is a mess. Combat's fine I suppose once you get used to using console buttons/triggers vs. KB/mouse.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It seems they went more and more casual.

First they shifted their focus to consoles, now they're shofting focus to mobile phones and Nintendo Switch. Do you guys agree? Of course all of you do.

Torchlight 1/2/3 for the win!!

Still doing RDR2. Just randomly walking through the world, making photos of cool scenes, collecting perfect animal pelts to get funny stuff like badger hats.

Waiting for the online mode now, but Rockstar is releasing like zero information about it and it was supposed to come out at the end of this month. Now I'm curious if that's still going to happen.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I like how the townfolk react to you when you change clothing. When I got the legendary bear hat, it was awesome to see people respond to it in all kinds of ways. Just like they would in real life.

Played RDR2 for about 30 minutes...

Took a pic. Bare in mind that I had to stand under the horse to get the shot - as I knew that all of you would appreciate it since it was a big deal right before the game released. Behold, feast your eyes. A gift for you fine peeps and somehow sexist.

I'll leave ya be so you can have a minute to yourself. ENJOY!

post-173997-0-18859200-1543027630_thumb.jpg