What are you playing right now?

Gorth

If you dislike VATS that frees up quite a few points, criticals are also pointless without VATS as that's the only place you can even have criticals. Not using VATS also makes heavily investing in Luck a bit less interesting so you might be better off going full on agility then.

That should have been "full on intelligence", clearly I didn't invest in INT enough ;)

Anyway, mostly playing Warframe's Fortuna update. It's actually really stable for a DE release. I've personally not had any crashes or glitches with major gameplay impact. The hoverboard tricks seem a bit wonky still but that's kind of expected with new systems.

• Like 1

I beat Return of the Obra Dinn. Ending wasn't as impactful as I thought it'd be, but the numerous reveals leading up to it were fantastic and left me in awe.

Identified everyone though. Still two achievements locked, but those are probably for bad ends.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Alright, so I got about n hour in Fallout 76 before I had to head to work. It feels a lot like an MMO. It ran really well during my brief time (on my PC) so that was good to see after hearing about technical issues. Plays pretty much exactly like Fallout 4. I think I like the trait setup better than Fallout 4, with a card system that seems a bit more dynamic. Still very early to give much more than that though.

Now that I only seem to have the main storyline quests to do in Elex, I'm finding myself finally just wandering around the world on foot, checking out the various ruins and broken buildings.  I couldn't do this earlier because every enemy I came across would kick my ass before.  Now, at least, I can pretty much handle any of them with relative ease.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've been playing Destiny 2 for a while now (because I'm a cheapskate) and I'm impressed. Impressed by how polished it is, how well it runs and how pretty it looks. Gameplay wise though.. I'm up to level 16 (I think) and I'm still not sure what to do. I am getting all these glimmers and uh.. engrams?.. and.. other stuff but I have no idea what they are for. I'm free to teleport between.. worlds..? Maybe? Through an awkward interface with a ****ty map.. and sometimes I find missions (which are of course called something else entirely) on that map that I can try to find on foot later.

My equipment keeps getting better, but.. how? I'm not sure. My character has a power level and every time I find the exact same item but with a power level 2 points better than the first, the power level of my character increases and I get.. better..? I think? Not sure. There doesn't seem to be stats on anything. I have a compare button so I can compare the different pieces of equipment I find but it literally only shows the power level of the two items I'm comparing..

I like wandering the pretty worlds though. Lots going on.. except.. it's actually the same repeating event going on all the time. Enemies keep teleporting out of the sky and I should defend.. something. Not clear on that either. When I explore I sometimes find a hole in the wall/ground/cliffside/whatever and if I walk down that hole I usually end up in a twisting corridor filled with enemies. At the end of that corridor there's a shielded enemy that drops a chest code when defeated..? I think? Anyhow, a chest that always looks the same unlocks and I get one new item. Well, new is not entirely correct, it's usually one of the same items I'm already using, except with that tiny power level increase.

It's such a weird game. At least the shooting is really, really good (and the jumping is too! Unusual for a 3D game to have good jumping), and I can almost understand that "Halo feeling" my Halo-fan-friends go on and on about.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^I'm one of the few who actually preferred Destiny 1's story to the second one.  Neither were great, IMO, but the first one just seemed more interesting.

I usually get tired of Destiny after a while because I'm not into MP, so I don't do the raids or play the MP modes.  Unless it's SP content, I don't really bother with it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That was the only reason I traded the first Destiny in (got it free with the white PS4), that I am not into MMO's and I don't like having to be connected to the net to play.

However, for some reason, probably because I haven't played a good fps in a while (Crysis 1 and 2 just weren't good as people were telling me), I'm looking forward to playing something that I know Bungie made :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

^I'm one of the few who actually preferred Destiny 1's story to the second one.  Neither were great, IMO, but the first one just seemed more interesting.

I usually get tired of Destiny after a while because I'm not into MP, so I don't do the raids or play the MP modes.  Unless it's SP content, I don't really bother with it.

So do the raids and other MP stuff require organized groups? Or is it like Warframe where you just get tossed in a mission with a bunch of randoms and you just make it work. I rather dislike multiplayer modes/games where things revolve around a so-called "meta", that's just a recipe for toxicity (reason I've not killed many Eidolons in Warframe, kinda requires an organized group for the harder ones).

Can't stop playing RDR2. It looks so damn nice. When it comes to the world, they did everything right. Mission design is as already stated, which sometimes annoys me quite a lot.

Finally figured out how the "perfect pelt" system works... I have to sell my stuff to the trapper and then I can get some unique clothes out of it. Now I just have to start some serious hunting... need a cow and a bull. And a stupid badger.

Bought the semi-automatic pistol now. Could have done it much earlier, but I always felt it not being worth the money. As far as I've spoiled myself, I should be able to get the Mauser in the next chapter. Really wish I could stash some weapons somewhere else, though. It's annoying to switch through them every time on the horse (but unlike other folks, I actually like how the weapons stay on the horse after riding. I wouldn't want to see this removed).

I'm curious how the online mode will play like later. The hyped part of me is quite interested, but the realistic part is telling me it'll just be the same boring player vs player slaughter that you see in any other online game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

My favorite weapon is the iron ball pistol, not sure what it's called.

The only problem I have with the game is that I'm playing it on a normal (non-Pro) PS4 and sometimes the art style (?) is kinda muddy, maybe it's the color pallette, not sure but I can only play the game for short segments, otherwise hurts my eyes.

While I love the main game (story mode) I don't reckon the mp will be good. I don't like that it will have cars and that players will own properties and land because that means it won't be fair across the board for everyone. I'm assuming you'll have to shell out real life cash to own a piece of in-game land but that is an assumption. So I'm not even going to try Red Dead Online.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

RDR 2. Still on chapter 2, there is so much to do.

Haven't bought any new guns yet. And why should I?

...I have a rope. :grin: I can hog tie people with it and then throw them into the river.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm slowly wrapping up Burial at Sea pt. 2. As good as the core gameplay is, it's just not varied enough to carry ~5 hours of content. There's just not enough diversity to its take on stealth gameplay, and constantly respawning enemies don't particularly help either.

Don't get me wrong, it's impressive how solid the core of the game's stealth systems is, especially since Infinite only seemed to have very rudimentary mechanics for whether an enemy sees you or not and that was it. I was having a blast thus far with the DLC. But the mechanics and level design would need a few more months in the oven to figure out ways of making enemies in each area interesting as opposed to "Well, let's do exactly what I did for the rest of the game"

Still loving the DLC's take on story tho.

Edited by Fenixp

So do the raids and other MP stuff require organized groups? Or is it like Warframe where you just get tossed in a mission with a bunch of randoms and you just make it work. I rather dislike multiplayer modes/games where things revolve around a so-called "meta", that's just a recipe for toxicity (reason I've not killed many Eidolons in Warframe, kinda requires an organized group for the harder ones).

I honestly can't recall the specifics of the Raids.  I do remember one time I tried one and I ended up having to solo it (can't recall if it was because they didn't match me up with anyone or because you have to bring your own friends because there's no "match making") and quit because it was impossible.

MP works just like any other CoD style MP where you get put on random teams of other players in the lobby.

Heh, typical game cliche.  Playing more Elex, met Ulbricht for the first time.  Suddenly he puts me in charge of finding a commander to lead his forces in a major offensive.

"Hey Stan..."

"It's Dan."

"Right, right.  It's nice to meet you.  Anyway, Don, I trust you with the future of this world so I'm gonna leave you in charge of picking the person to fill the most important role in this upcoming offensive.  Think you're up to it?"

"Actually, I was just walking around trying to steal items to sell .."

"That's okay.  Finish that, then go find a commander for me.  Alright, Ian?"

"It's Dan."

• Like 2

RDR2, 45% through story. I'm loving it still but at the same time I am pushing myself to finish it so I can move on to something else lol I don't have alot of time to play games so when I do, I try to play for as long as possible so I can complete as much as I can in one sitting. Sometimes I go like a month without playing just to give you a better idea.

Dungeons 2, I've got the hang of it, it's fun. My previous critique is washed away. It's not two games tacked together, it's just an RTS with slightly non-intuitive base building. Since you can't select your units well inside a base.

It's pretty neat. But it's also helped me remember how much I hate having to build up my base every since map.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

After long while, I have played few hours of Assetto Corsa Ultimate. The difficulties really do not say anything. At some races, I have to concentrate every second on Medium difficulty, to be able to win, and at some races Medium means, that in 8 laps, I have lead over 90 seconds :-/ still the best physics on Playstation 4.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

RDR2... every time I play, I learn something new.

Last game I remember to feature decomposing bodies is Age Of Empires 2... But I can still cut off body parts here lol

Are there seriously no more side quests that pop up after Chapter 2 begins in Elex?  Did I seriously uncover all of them already while traveling around in Chapter 1?

If so, that's really bad pacing.  I was able to complete pretty much every one of those sidequests prior to even beginning Chapter 2, so now I've literally only got the main story missions to do the rest of the way.

I found a decent number of side quests further on in the game. It's definitely possible to get most of the hub quests in chapter 1, though you'd have troubles doing some at low level which offer follow up quests.

Having said that I'm not sure there are any gated by chapter which aren't plot related, the gating is mostly being capable of fighting up to Chimera level monsters or high level humans.