E3 2018 Thread

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nintendo wasn't bad. Alot of time, more time than was needed (in my opinion), was spent on Smash Bros Ultimate but I loved that there are 2 different versions of certian characters like Bayonetta or Link. Yeah, Wind Waker Link is in!!! And Bass, Treble, Proto-Man, Megaman X from Megaman.... Very cool.

All said and done...

This was a very impressive and strong E3, strongest we've ever had in any year really. And that's saying alot because there was no hardware reveals or anything like that. I know next year and the one after that will only get better.

2019 is going to be a phenomenal year for gamers, we are in the golden age of gaming. Graphics and storytelling is evolving to the point where relatability is at the forefront, developers who were never honest in the 90's are humbling themselves now, and technology is growing to help make visions a reality instead of limiting them. This is the greatest time to be a gamer. The direct sincerity from both AAA and indie devs is astounding and when you see AAA devs get emotional, we know it's not an act and it's not that they're getting paid to cry, we know that this is because they are more passionate about games now and it's harder now than it ever was.

And just like that E3 is over, now I know some people will be like "Good riddance" or whatever but they're still going to watch the E3 trailers and gameplay demos so... Technically E3 2018 will live on... Always - Thank you Youtube <3

So much beauty in this E3, not just the graphics but the music and the storytelling. With much experience in games, I say again that I can tell these games are going to be exceptional. As companies continue to bring new blood in and free themselves from tethers that were once binding them since 80's and 90's development cycles, we will only continue to move forward.

Thank you E3.

Sincerely, thank you for this. Being on my phone in a discord chat with hundreds of people (developers, reviewers, gamers, friends and family) and writing in all caps in my excitement, it was a grand joy to be part of this... and it made me realize some other things too.

"Gone are the cheap marketing tactics, here now is the bluntness and personality from the developers. Relatability, just as in their games and workmanship beyind the grave. The industry has never been more honest and real" -a wise man on E3 2018

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Most of the games announced are gonna be ****. *yawn* Thank you E3 for saving me money over the next year. R00fles!

Thank you for being you, this was a good laugh :p

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but I can't get excited about it either. :D

It's because you're getting old.

This. I was born old and don't enjoy a lot of stuff because of it. I have equal parts of pity and jealousy at being able to get excited about such things

Not intended as a factual statement

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Then again

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have mixed feelings about Death Stranding. A lot of fantastic ideas in the setting, it looks like it could be truly something great creatively.

But then there are bits like the walking around an open world, and the stealthing that remind me too much of Metal Gear Solid V.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Assassin's Creed Odyssey has made me surprisingly interested of the game and it may become thrid Assassin's Creed game that I actually play through.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 seems interesting, but it seems that it will take 2+ years before it is out, so there is still at least couple E3s to give same statement

I hoped more information about Cyperpunk 2077, as it was 2012 when they announced that they are making it, so even though CD Projekt RED worked mainly on Witcher 3 until 2016, I hoped bit more than that it is Cyperpunk game. Hopeful they will showcase it more behind the scenes and we get more information about it soonish, but I would not be suprised if we need to wait to next year's E3 to learn more. EDIT: they have revealed BTS that game is FP, which isn't my favorite perspective in RPGs, but we will see how well it will work.

Gears Tactics is mildly interesting looking game

Tomb Raider's footage wasn't very impressive but I probably play it just to finish the trilogy.

Otherwise this year's E3 didn't offer games evoked my interest. Bethesda succeeded to kill my interest towards their games.

Not worst E3, but I have seen better years for my taste

Edited by Elerond

Sometimes old dogs can be taught new tricks... but should they?

^Theme Hospital's triumphant return, a spiritual sucessor emerges from an indie artist!

• Like 1

Starship Troopers meets Prey. First Person RPG with quest branching.

We may have left the commies and the nazzis back in Moscow, but there will always be squatting track pants-wearing bandits to sucker punch and mug for their ammo wherever we go.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

A new grand strategy 4x space game is turning heads...

Over 3,000 planets for you to land on in real time, gather resources to upgrade your ship and buy more ships and hire crew to form a massive fleet... and more!