E3 2018 Thread

First person could work but then don't do stuff like this: "Gameplay is in first a first-person perspective, but switched to third-person during a cutscene." Maybe they'll add the ability to switch, I could get behind that.

Also "You play a character named V (as in the letter)." had me go "Rrrreallly?"

V-for-Vendetta-Wallpaper-v-for-vendetta-

Maybe they'll get Hugo Weaving to do the voice over as well, and Natalie Portman for a woman.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the reference to that V was deliberate in both senses, from CDPR and it being picked deliberately by the game's Hiro/ Protagonist. V's (Guy Fawkes') mask is used by Anonymous after all.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yeah, this game is going to be way better than I thought. First person as well. The tone looks great!

Yeah, feels very similar to Deus Ex, based on the gameplay impressions. Trailer was just bad I guess.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

No Borderlands 3... E3 is dead to me >_

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nope, I was surprised as well. I guess Gearbox Software is still busy with the development of the game. I want a new Borderlands as well but I guess I'll let Rage 2 scratch that itch.

Yeah, this game is going to be way better than I thought. First person as well. The tone looks great!

Yeah, feels very similar to Deus Ex, based on the gameplay impressions. Trailer was just bad I guess.

It was bad and good at the same time. I guess they are trying to speak to different people. Casting a wide net and all that. Gibson's hot take makes sense, hopefully people don't give him too much **** about it.

I wonder if he's seen the screenshots?

• Like 1

Well, I understand William Gibson. He didn't mean that the trailer wasn't cyberpunk enough to him, he was turned off by the similarities between the games tone and the GTA games. Indeed, the trailer seems like a copy of the first GTA V trailer at times, like that part where they are beating some guy outside of a nightclub. That's sooooo early 2000 it makes you forget about anything cyberpunk. The game itself seems to be pretty big though, so we can safely assume that we have only seen a small part of what the game has to offer.

My guess is that it will be a Deus Ex like game but with more story and less stealth. I enjoyed playing The Witcher 3 and once Cyberpunk 2077 is out, I think I'll be all over it.

Buttom line: Video games are fun as hell! Don't believe me? Watch this:

Hooray for Sony who bring great classics to our living room, and then go ahead to have those classics released on Steam so a bunch of PC elitists can stop whining so quietly. :p

Dang, I need a new rig.

No, I agree. It felt exactly like how GTAV was hearkening back to GTA:SA for a few of those shots. Only with the 80's vice city feel updated for the age of social media. It felt a little too "fun and playful" which a game should be, but a cyberpunk piece of media should not. It certainly does well at conveying you'll have some sort of fun with the game, while not really saying what it's selling.

• Like 1

Where is the gameplay? I can only find the trailer.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Death Stranding trailer analysis by YongYea:

https://youtu.be/et8-xNO6y6Y

There are no gameplay videos, we were talking about eurogamers article. They had access to a 50 minute demo of the game behind closed doors and have written an article about it. I posted the link earlier.

Edit: Here it is https://www.eurogame...rojekt-about-it

Edited by Katphood

Nah, this is bs. TES6 and stuff is still years away. If you're making a big fuzz about some sort of "save singleplayer" campaign, I'll expect you to actually release singleplayer games... soon and not years in the future.

... And apparently, the other big AAA project they have planned is also exclusively SP. And Rage 2 is set for release in 2019, not exactly years away. As far as I can see, Bethesda has published a whole bunch of my favourite games of past 5 years or so, I'd most certainly call the company being very favorable for SP experiences.

No matter what people say, the multiplayer feature will always have an impact on the singleplayer part, even if it just means resources have to be split.

There's no such thing as a 'Multiplayer feature', considering all Bethesda's games are either MP or SP-exclusive, as they should be. Yes, Prey and Wolfenstein will receive MP DLC, but considering both of their respective SP components are long released and finished, that won't particularly influence them.

There was a gameplay demo presented to press.

Edited by Fenixp

What a time to be a cRPG fan. Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Cthulhu, a Werewolf RPG, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Disco Elysium, InSomnia, The Bard's Tale IV, Starfield, TES VI, Osdidian's Project Indiana, and plenty of others, like the above mentioned Greedfall. Even Assassin's Creed is turning into an RPG series.

There's so much to look forward to. Even if we just play the good ones, Starfield and TES VI will be here in no time if we get lost in those other RPGs. I love these golden age of RPG phases.

• Like 3

I'm thankful people aren't obsessing over the games that only showed cgi trailers this year.

Resident Evil 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima are getting the most attention and rightfully so. The RE2 gameplay is pretty great too.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

CP77 looks great. We have enought very dark cybergames. I suppose it wil still dark in substance, just with neons and glitter. YOu can be a very dark lord, but still be preatty and use nice words. (just like EA).

Also the author of CP2020 rpg pnp cooperates (the black fat man) and if he says that design is ok, i trust him more.

• Like 1

It was bad and good at the same time. I guess they are trying to speak to different people. Casting a wide net and all that. Gibson's hot take makes sense, hopefully people don't give him too much **** about it.

I wonder if he's seen the screenshots?

People shouldn't care so much about what Gibson thinks to give him crap anyway.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm thankful people aren't obsessing over the games that only showed cgi trailers this year.

Resident Evil 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima are getting the most attention and rightfully so. The RE2 gameplay is pretty great too.

It makes me angry how incompetent the player is at aiming... or he's aiming at the legs and the sky on purpose, which doesn't make it much better.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."