E3 2018 Thread

The more I watch this the more I like it. I feel like a hypocrite having talked **** about it earlier. :(

Kojima is going for a Silent Hill-like experience but I don't understand why they initially labled it as an 'Action' game.

There is also a lot you can discover from the trailer, for instance: at the very end of the video you see the young woman(which appears as an older woman in the picture sam is holding at the beginning of the trailer) say 'you still don't know who I am, do you?'.

Death Stranding seems to be a phenomena that meddles with the flow of time and once it 'catches you' it also changes you. You see the other young women eating those worm-like creatures to avoud the side-effects of Death Stranding.

I loved Silent Hill 2 and this seems to be aiming for such an experience. I guess action games have actually made me forget that games once used to invoke a feeling in me.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The earliest comments of Kojima on combat likened it to MGS5 + Uncharted 4. Not sure where exactly it's building to.

I'm sure he is taking some cues of Silent Hills after he spend so much time brain-scheming on it. Who knows where it's going. One of my favorite showings from E3 but it doesn't make the top because we haven't seen a typical gameplay loop yet.

• Like 1

What a time to be a cRPG fan. Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Cthulhu, a Werewolf RPG, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Disco Elysium, InSomnia, The Bard's Tale IV, Starfield, TES VI, Osdidian's Project Indiana, and plenty of others, like the above mentioned Greedfall. Even Assassin's Creed is turning into an RPG series.

There's so much to look forward to. Even if we just play the good ones, Starfield and TES VI will be here in no time if we get lost in those other RPGs. I love these golden age of RPG phases.

Damn, when you put it like that, now I'm pretty excited.

what is that Werewolf RPG? Didn't seen anything about it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

RE4 gameplay? crap

Well, at least they were courageous to show actual gameplay instead of saying "we have a playable build but we'll just give you a cinematic trailer for hype building" ;)

In other words, I'd rather people see gameplay and say it's crap instead of seeing a cgi trailer, trying to pick apart every scene and make speculation over things they have no idea on. Capcom has my respect on this, now if only they didn't remove the two most important boss fights in the game :facepalm:

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I still wish these release dates weren't so far away.  Most of the games I'm excited for after seeing them at E3, I'm going to forget about by the time they're actually released in 2019 or later.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm installing Resi 2 on my PS Vita right. now.

But I'll be damned, this was one of the best e3 shows ever. If all of these games get released in 2019(which they won't), I'll go bankrupt!

• Like 3

I'm installing Resi 2 on my PS Vita right now.

But I'll be damned, this was one of the best e3 shows ever. If all of these games get released in 2019(which they won't), I'll go bankrupt!

Resident Evil 2 is topping Anthem and Cyberpunk 2077 in the trending/popularity scale. No surprise there.

And yes, indeed. Not even those std infested booth babes from the 90's/early 2000's E3 with all their hardware reveals (namely N64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, etc) could top this.

https://youtu.be/TAzN2pkTpKc

Uhhh... and to think PC was the main focus then, thank God times have changed and the industry has evolved.

https://youtu.be/Df8gBFHEUNc

The comparison is brutal but we've come a long way. Seems over the years the industry has finally learned that it's about gamers, not marketing direction or sleezy scams.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Another game that deserves a mention:

https://youtu.be/VAtG75e8yRk

I'm armed with a 1X and a 4K/HDR LG TV. My body is ready!

And yes, indeed. Not even those std infested booth babes from the 90's/early 2000's E3 with all their hardware reveals (namely N64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, etc) could top this.

https://youtu.be/TAzN2pkTpKc

Man, that video was so sweet to watch, it had ODT in it! Good times, I think I was 14 back then. Aaaaand the nostalgia kicked in, I go find a corner and cry a bit, I am 34 now... *sobs*

• Like 1

what is that Werewolf RPG? Didn't seen anything about it

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/werewolf

very uhmm... detailed info I must say

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

By the clack-smack cracking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...

I don't remember seeing you on the guest list for the dinner party; we're having a wrap party for The Misfits about forty years late. Cast and crew only, boss.

joFI4n3.jpg

(I miss VtmB.)

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2

Wow, Cyanide Studios are still alive? I remember that part in VtmB, something to do with a rpg universe called 'The White Wolf'. Cyanide Studios are pretty good when it comes to writing.

Some SpiderMan footage:

Edited by Katphood

Wow, Cyanide Studios are still alive? I remember that part in VtmB, something to do with a rpg universe called 'The White Wolf'. Cyanide Studios are pretty good when it comes to writing.

The "Call of Cthulhu" game shown at E3 is from Cyanide.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The "Call of Cthulhu" game shown at E3 is from Cyanide.

Cyanide studios made Blood Blow and Styx games. But in my understanding they haven't anything to do with The White Wolf.

Some SpiderMan footage:

https://youtu.be/ZLMyE_hcc7A

One of the reasons I spent $400.00 on a PS4 a few years ago, been waiting for this game for like 3 or 4 years lol One of the best games at the show :)