Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

E3 2018 Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
540 replies to this topic

Gritino

Gritino

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

E3 2018 is almost upon us and with it a bunch of gaming announcements.

I know that not everybody enjoys E3, but I have personally enjoyed each and every one of them. I never have high expectations when it comes to the event. I just want to see more gaming news and that's it. Doesn't matter if the games in question are stuff that I'm not going to play. It's always nice to see what's new.

What are you hoping to see? Do you keep your expectations low, high, or somewhere in the middle?

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4588 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I hope to see the Cainarsky game.

• Azdeus, injurai, Skazz and 1 other like this

Gritino

Gritino

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

Isn't that Obsidian's other project?

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yes, aka Project Indiana.

Gritino

Gritino

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

Yes, aka Project Indiana.

I certainly hope they reveal it at E3.

And I'm hoping that they give a release date for Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I don't like Chris Avellone, but I've got nothing against him as a writer so far. I'll play Pathfinder simply as an RPG fan.

• injurai likes this

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3622 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

There are only two things which could make me hyped. Yakuza 3,4,5 Remasters announced for the West, and new Tales of... game. I kind of feel numb lately to every single trailer, I've seen this year... Well with a small exception of Rage 2. But still not on the hype train with this one.

Gritino

Gritino

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

There are only two things which could make me hyped. Yakuza 3,4,5 Remasters announced for the West, and new Tales of... game. I kind of feel numb lately to every single trailer, I've seen this year... Well with a small exception of Rage 2. But still not on the hype train with this one.

Don't be. E3 is best enjoyed when you're not expecting anything. 

• injurai likes this

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Absolutely, though I've only been able to get to this point by maturing naturally. I knew the hype was bad for my expectations when I was young and I hyped myself for months anyways. Still love E3 though.

Gritino

Gritino

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

Absolutely, though I've only been able to get to this point by maturing naturally. I knew the hype was bad for my expectations when I was young and I hyped myself for months anyways. Still love E3 though.

I think that's why some people hate E3.

I consider myself to be more humble. If there's a time of the year solely dedicated to video games, then who am I to complain? I get the complaint that it's a "circlejerk," but it's at least entertaining. New footage, new reveals, new interviews… Basically, it's gaming Christmas. And it gives people an excuse to talk about something new. Besides, the reactions to the announcements are always awesome.

algroth

algroth

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1291 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I really hope so too, but I wouldn't count on it. Take Two have already stated that they won't be revealing any new games this E3. Still, msybe Obsidian will on their accord, seeing as it's their IP and all?

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9255 posts

nothing but trash

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2341 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
e3 can be fun if you don't take it seriously, same goes for World Cup...

I am looking forward to Death Stranding, Bethesda's unannounced game and anything from Obsidian.

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Except the World Cup usually involves human trafficking and hundreds of foreign workers dead or stranded from their homelands.

But I guess booth babes are worse...

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2341 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Except the World Cup usually involves human trafficking and hundreds of foreign workers dead or stranded from their homelands.

But I guess booth babes are worse...

Nah, that price goes to the gamers who attend the event, apparentlty the stench is unbearable.

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ah, I have heard about that. Shocking if true, which it probably is. I hear terrible terrible things about Blizzcon and Comicon in that regard.

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4588 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I really hope so too, but I wouldn't count on it. Take Two have already stated that they won't be revealing any new games this E3. Still, msybe Obsidian will on their accord, seeing as it's their IP and all?

My hopes and dreams... crushed.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10550 posts
Where are the Borderlands 3 news???

/cry
  • Katphood likes this

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2341 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

/cry

I want a Borderlands 3 as well but I am not sure if it will be the same without Paul Hellquist and Mathew Armstrong. Whatever it is I hope it won't suffer the same fate as Mass Effect: Andromeda or Dragon Age: Inquisition...those two games killed Bioware.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3622 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

/cry

It's called RAGE 2 :p
  • injurai likes this

Gritino

Gritino

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

Frankly, I wish I could say that Dragon Age 4 had a chance of being there, but if I'm correct (and I haven't really been keeping up with Dragon Age 4) they've lost even more people from the team that was working on it while others were switched to work on Anthem.

Which sucks as I couldn't care less about Anthem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users