E3 2018 Thread

As someone who tends to enjoy vapid action games, I couldn't get into Borderlands.

No interest in Bioware's Anthem.  Dislike any multiplayer game that's not local co-op only, more or less (essentially if someone I don't know can play it, I don't want to play it.  Nothing against the millions of perfectly decent players out there, but I can't waste what little gaming hobby time I have on players whose sense of fun is spoiling others fun or generally being ****.  Its why I avoid MMO-anything like the plague).

Since I don't keep up with game announcements much, E3 usually gets a few titles out in front of me that I'd normally not see.

EDIT: I doubt Fallout 5 would be announced so 'soon' after Fallout 4.  Might be a Fallout NV type spin-off game, but I can't imagine a FO5 proper yet.  Could be wrong though.

Yes, I could see it being a Fallout spin-off like New Vegas. Or maybe Fallout 4 for the Switch.

There was also the rumor that there would be an 10th Anniversary Edition of Fallout 3 for the Switch as well. I can see there being some sort of Fallout update no matter what. I think Bethesda wants to make sure that this year's E3 performance is better than their last E3 performance.

I'd love to get Fallout 3 and NV on the Switch (and I already have them for PC and for consoles).  FO4 would be good too, but I think 3/NV is more likely since they're probably more akin to Skyrim (which did port to the Switch).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If we're being honest here, the Sony conference will be better than the rest. Days Gone, Spider Man, Ghost Of Tsunami, etc. They are the games to look to, even if you do not own a PS4, these Sony exclusives are the only games which challenge the industry in terms of STORY WRITING, character development, graphics and optimizations.

Now that we have a foundation, I will move forward with an opinion...

I will be looking forward to Lego DC Villains gameplay. If anyone here knows anything about Lego games, you already that every Lego game is set apart. Lego Hobbit is an rpg that has a robust crafting system, Lego Ninjago has a complex fighting system and training dojos, Lego Demensions allows for different franchises to cross paths, for ex. Wizard Of Oz x Crash Bandicoot or Sonic The Hegdehogs x Ghost Busters.

What else? The Last Of Us was/is a game that has some of the best storytelling in the all history of gaming, that's pretty undeniable. I'm looking forward to The Last of US 2.

Ubisoft is better than Bethesda, always have been, always will be. With games like Rayman and Watch Dogs, they really do only become second to Sony and that's saying something. I really hope the Watch Dogs 3 rumor is true, loved Ubisoft games ever since I was young but even without nostalgic goggles to blind us, it's easy to see that Ubi has always remained innovative in great ways all while staying true to their roots which is more than other companies can say *cough cough*

Square Enix comes in third, I want to see anything and everything they have to announce or show. (As an rpg fan, who doesnt?!) Square Enix games are still anong some of the most beautiful in the industry. Let's see some new FFVII remake gameplay, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Marvel Avengers gameplay!!! YEAH :)

I don't know if I'm looking forward to Bethesda's conference. I mean, I DO want to see more of Rage 2 and would like The Evil Within 3 announcement. Could care less about anything else Bethesda would have to offer though.

EA and Activision is pretty much golden as always, always enjoy seeing their sports and racing games. I expect a new Need For Speed, that would be nice. If not, I won't be disappointed.

Bioware is trash as always so I could really care less about anything they have to show or announce. Meh.

Micorosft just recycles the same boring **** so they're just as bad as Bioware but in a different way.

Everyone else is just sunk in the barrel.

All that said, as always I'm looking forward to new indie game announcements and partnerships! Who can refuse such a cute game like Ori or deny the unrelenting challenge of Cuphead? Nobody, that's who.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

If we're being honest here, the Sony conference will be better than the rest. Days Gone, Spider Man, Ghost Of Tsunami, etc. They are the games to look to, even if you do not own a PS4, these Sony exclusives are the only games which challenge the industry in terms of STORY WRITING, character development, graphics and optimizations.

Now that we have a foundation, I will move forward with an opinion...

I will be looking forward to Lego DC Villains gameplay. If anyone here knows anything about Lego games, you already that every Lego game is set apart. Lego Hobbit is an rpg that has a robust crafting system, Lego Ninjago has a complex fighting system and training dojos, Lego Demensions allows for different franchises to cross paths, for ex. Wizard Of Oz x Crash Bandicoot or Sonic The Hegdehogs x Ghost Busters.

What else? The Last Of Us was/is a game that has some of the best storytelling in the all history of gaming, that's pretty undeniable. I'm looking forward to The Last of US 2.

Ubisoft is better than Bethesda, always have been, always will be. With games like Rayman and Watch Dogs, they really do only become second to Sony and that's saying something. I really hope the Watch Dogs 3 rumor is true, loved Ubisoft games ever since I was young but even without nostalgic goggles to blind us, it's easy to see that Ubi has always remained innovative in great ways all while staying true to their roots which is more than other companies can say *cough cough*

Square Enix comes in third, I want to see anything and everything they have to announce or show. (As an rpg fan, who doesnt?!) Square Enix games are still anong some of the most beautiful in the industry. Let's see some new FFVII remake gameplay, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Marvel Avengers gameplay!!! YEAH :)

I don't know if I'm looking forward to Bethesda's conference. I mean, I DO want to see more of Rage 2 and would like The Evil Within 3 announcement. Could care less about anything else Bethesda would have to offer though.

EA and Activision is pretty much golden as always, always enjoy seeing their sports and racing games. I expect a new Need For Speed, that would be nice. If not, I won't be disappointed.

Bioware is trash as always so I could really care less about anything they have to show or announce. Meh.

Micorosft just recycles the same boring **** so they're just as bad as Bioware but in a different way.

Everyone else is just sunk in the barrel.

All that said, as always I'm looking forward to new indie game announcements and partnerships! Who can refuse such a cute game like Ori or deny the unrelenting challenge of Cuphead? Nobody, that's who.

You forgot Nintendo.

You forgot Nintendo.

Ahhh, yes, you're so right!!

Hmmm... It wouldn't be a far stretch to say that Nintendo - this year - will be half good, half bad. All hype lol

Looking forward to what exclusive new rpg's they will be showing or announcing (if any). They almost always have some goodin's in terms of rpg :)

Hoping they don't show off any hardware, that Labo cardboard crap was the most embarrassing thing the industry has seen since the Virtual Boy and Power Glove lmao

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Bethesda/Zenimax has been one of the most consistent publishers in the PC space over the past few years. Especially for first-person games. Valve really dropped the ball by leaving that space, but I guess their engine tech had always been borrowed from id from back in the day.

• (Rage, Skyrim, Dishonored, Wolf:TNO, Fallout 4, Doom, Dishonored 2, Prey, Wolf 2:TNC, Rage 2)

I certainly agree that Sony is leading things pretty whole handedly. You left out Death Stranding, and Dreams. I think Nintendo though for a first party delivers some really high quality and innovated stuff. If only Pokemon would actually evolve as a series just like it's main premise.

Activision outside of Blizzard, and EA are basically dead to me. Ubisoft is only marginally better, I give them credit for taking the time to spruce up the AC series for origins but it's still not fantastic. The Eidos half of Square seems to be operating pretty well, but Square proper does a lot of outsourcing and their own projects seem to be a nightmare. There is a reason they have switched to using Epic's engine recently.

• Like 1

Yeah, Unreal engine is awesome... I'm happy to see that a good amount of rpg's are switching to this. For the longest, we've seen so many ugly Jrpg's in oarticular which have only used reskinned assets (Tales Of Games for example, or even my fav Jrpg series - Ys franchise). Unreal breathes life to that and really no Unreal game looks the same. I found that even each Arkham game looked vastly dissimilar though the engine, artists and characters stayed the same. Unreal engine is just an incredible beast, when I see how beautiful Soul Calibur 6 or Dragon Quest XI looks in 4k, I walk away impressed every time! :D

Also, I wish other studios picked up the Fox engine, what a nice engine that was as well.

Honestly the Decima engine (Guerilla Games / Horizon Zero Dawn) seems better, which is what Kojima Prod is using now. Fox Engine relied on a lot dithering for it's performance, which I could never tell if that was a stylistic choice or not from Kojima but he had a lot of his games use it.

• Like 1

I haven't played Horizon ZD yet. I'm actually getting it this weekend! I'm very excited!!!

I'm going to say something that will annoy people: I found both Borderlands and Borderlands 2 boring. I remember enjoying them at first… and then getting bored with them as time went on.

why would that annoy anyone? It's a shallow game, Diablo with guns or whatnot. But I found it that type of genre fun. It was also great to play with my husband. That's it. :)

... in terms of E3, what about Bethesda? They put a pic on their twitter that seem to imply ... something. Not that I care much about them these days. What projects to they have in the works?

lol Thanks. I understand that Borderlands has its own fanbase and I didn't want to offend said fanbase, so I gave a bit of a warning before I stated that I found the games to be boring.

Nothing wrong in not liking it. Different tastes and all that :thumbsup:

I can tell you what the attraction was for me, it was the dark humor, the absurdity of the characters (Handsome Jack is my all time favourite villain) and the bizarre dialogue at times. No other games will ever have a mission like the one where you have to shoot Face McShooty in the face, nor any dialogue that hilarious.

Characters and voice actors were top notch (Obsidian could learn something)....

But most of all, the game was awesome in coop and I had the luck of playing most of it with two friends. No end to the hilarity when trying to "raise" a Goliath from infancy to GOD-Liath Ultimate Mega-Badass difficulty in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. It was like being proud parents :lol:

Just to wipe afterwards getting swamped by psychotic midgets with cleavers.

Yeah, good times. I managed to get a character to level 72 and pass the first challenge at Digistruct Peak, so now OP1 ("Overpowe Level 1", which means all enemies are now one level higher than they would be for a level 72)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, Unreal engine is awesome... I'm happy to see that a good amount of rpg's are switching to this. For the longest, we've seen so many ugly Jrpg's in oarticular which have only used reskinned assets (Tales Of Games for example, or even my fav Jrpg series - Ys franchise). Unreal breathes life to that and really no Unreal game looks the same. I found that even each Arkham game looked vastly dissimilar though the engine, artists and characters stayed the same. Unreal engine is just an incredible beast, when I see how beautiful Soul Calibur 6 or Dragon Quest XI looks in 4k, I walk away impressed every time! :D

Also, I wish other studios picked up the Fox engine, what a nice engine that was as well.

Actually, the biggest adcantage of most jRPGs, is their graphics, including Tales of, Persona, Dragon Quest, Battlechasers, etc... Not every game has to look hyperrealistic. If studio spends all their resources on ultra fidelity, there are no resources left for other elements of the game, and we are left with a trainwreck of a game, like Final Fantasy 15, which happened to be everything, but jRPG... Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Oh, well. It might just be a remaster then.

But I don't understand the whole 'new direction' thing. Maybe beths has been secretly working on an Isometric Fallout 5. :p

Dreams.

That game looked very promising.

I wonder if we will ever hear anything from 'Wild' again, considering that Michel Ancel is busy with BG&E 2.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Oh, well. It might just be a remaster then.

But I don't understand the whole 'new direction' thing. Maybe beths has been secretly working on an Isometric Fallout 5. :p

Dreams.

That game looked very promising.

I wonder if we will ever hear anything from 'Wild' again, considering that Michel Ancel is busy with BG&E 2.

The game, according to Kotaku, is a new Fallout.

It isn't a remaster. Of that, I'm almost certain.

Dang, I am so stupid. :/

But yeah, it seems that a Fallout MMO is more likely to show up at e3.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Nobody knows yet and I certainly wouldn't even trust Kotaku.

It would be very weird if it led up to nothing more than a remaster.

That said, this is why I'm "almost" certain. I'm still leaving room for doubt.