E3 2018 Thread

Great E3 so far.

Agreed.

Just like last year's. E3 these last few years have really surprised everyone. E3 went from it's trashy beginnings to its glorious now - like a transformation from a butterfly's metamorphisis.

Bethesda is very smart, the Apple of game developers - and they know it! Fallout 76 is gonna dwarf the sales of any Bethesda game. I think anyone can see that now.

I'm waiting on Sony's conference, I'm pretty confident in my saying that it's gonna be the best one... even by if a small margin. Sony's conference will be the one that everyone is talking about.

Ubisoft's conference have always been top notch as well (these last few years) so it's hard to think that this year they'd fail. E3 saves the best for last as always.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It's official! Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition will be out for all current gen consoles and PC.

I am happy lika a small kid, who just got big bag full of candies from his grand-parents!

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/news/tales-vesperia-definitive-edition-announced-winter

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yes, so far this has been a great E3 for RPG fans.

Cyberpunk 2077, Tales of Vesperia, Tunic, Starfield, and TES VI are a lot of highlights. If Kingdom Hearts 3 comes for the PC, it'll be a nearly perfect E3 for me.

I just don't like the thought that Starfield and TESVI may come in a couple of years for a new hardware generation. I'm still saving up for a proper new computer to play Cyberpunk whet it's done. If that won't suffice for Bethesda's new singleplayer RPGs, I'll switch to consoles. This time for real. It'll be cheaper.

Well so far:

Starfield - I was very sceptical about this but it looks it might be decent mainly because it seems like quite grounded Sci-Fi, not space fantasy - we will see

Cyberpunk - was hoping for more Noir but 80ties sci-fy looks good too, we will see

TES VI - High Rock?? YES

nothing else interesting to me so far

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yes, so far this has been a great E3 for RPG fans.

Cyberpunk 2077, Tales of Vesperia, Tunic, Starfield, and TES VI are a lot of highlights. If Kingdom Hearts 3 comes for the PC, it'll be a nearly perfect E3 for me.

I just don't like the thought that Starfield and TESVI may come in a couple of years for a new hardware generation. I'm still saving up for a proper new computer to play Cyberpunk whet it's done. If that won't suffice for Bethesda's new singleplayer RPGs, I'll switch to consoles. This time for real. It'll be cheaper.

I am currently waiting with PC upgrade - mainly waiting for SSDs to go finally down with price, I want at least TB SSD and those cost still fortune :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

If it's highrock I might go for a warmage this time. Highrock is basically screaming knights and magic.

I've just started to save up. I hope to be done somewhen next year. I want a really good computer this time.

Edited by LittleRose

If it's highrock I might go for a warmage this time. Highrock is basically screaming knights and magic.

Seemed like High Rock to me, ofc its not official, and I always plays as breton warmage :)

• Like 1

It'll be years till a release anyway. Not a fan of the highrock scene, though. It's like Skyrim light or something.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It'll be years till a release anyway. Not a fan of the highrock scene, though. It's like Skyrim light or something.

true, but to be honest, I like northern regions. I was never fan on deserts or jungles... (except of Morrowind, that was epic setting TBH)

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17447066/cyberpunk-2077-trailer-hidden-text

But to the point. Today is the day. If you’re seeing this, it means you saw the trailer. - our vision for Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You’ll be able to create your own character and… well, you’ll get to know the rest of what show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

• Like 3

Just watched Bethesda presentation.

Good to see 2nd Doom in works - I heard great stuff about the reboot. Too bad they didn't show anything just yet.

I am curious about Fallout67. I am yet to enjoy Bethesda RPG (Oblivion and Skyrim bored me to death, I finished Fallout3 due to IP only, didn't touch fallout4) so added multiplayer doesn't ruin anything for me. However, being able to play with friends might add some major incentive to play if its done right - the same way I didn't enjoy Divinities but had a blast playing with a friend. Knowing Bethesda's bugginess and tendency to poor gameplay design I am worried if it will be a multiplayer experience worth dipping into.

Very curious about the space thing, don't really care about ES6. Do we know anything about Starfield? I wish for a ship based RPG, but that might be too much to hope for. 

...I finished Fallout3 due to IP only, didn't touch fallout4...

Uh.. did you miss Fallout: New Vegas? Because if you did.. boy, do you have something to look forward to!

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did I understand correctly that Fallout 76 is online only? Multiplayer only?

If so count me out. Not my kind of thing. If wanted to interact with real people I'd go to a bar! :lol:

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

...I finished Fallout3 due to IP only, didn't touch fallout4...

Uh.. did you miss Fallout: New Vegas? Because if you did.. boy, do you have something to look forward to!

I have a deep deep dislike for Fallout3 as it kept me from playing New Vegas for too many years. I must say that I wasn't an Obsidian lover until post Project Eternity kickstarter. I played couple of their games (Kotor, NWN2) and I saw them as creative but unpolished Bioware wannabe, oblivious to the time constrains and bad deals. Going through they catalog and learning more about them was quite a ride. New Vegas is probably my fav RPG in many years and a showcase of what Obs is capable of.

Did I understand correctly that Fallout 76 is online only? Multiplayer only?

If so count me out. Not my kind of thing. If wanted to interact with real people I'd go to a bar! :lol:

From what I understood: yes. They said you can play it solo but they didn't say you can play it offline. From what they showed the game seems to be focused around competion/coop. 

• Like 1

Playing it solo probably means it will be a super boring grindfest. With some friends it might at least be some bearable fun.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17447066/cyberpunk-2077-trailer-hidden-text

But to the point. Today is the day. If you’re seeing this, it means you saw the trailer. - our vision for Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You’ll be able to create your own character and… well, you’ll get to know the rest of what show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

4. Microtransactions?

In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Right string to pluck, hah.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life...

I'm waiting for them to get to the "alternative" part. :p
  • Like 8

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Also, now even Bethesda makes fun of Bethesda releasing Skyrim over and over and over again:

:facepalm:

That video is hilarious. :lol:

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have to say, Todd Howard has gotten really good at delivering conferences. It always felt like there was just a little something extra around the corner, whether a game feature or a new reveal. The first have of that conference was a real tonal slog, I wasn't going to bemoan the appreciation for staff sprinkled throughout, but it was certainly not a well oiled press briefing. Until Howard turned up.