Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part 2

Josh later stated he was surprised by how many people complained about the Might/Strength change.

Same number of people who complained about the Endurance/Health change (after years of bitching about it)?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Nah, we all read it. Just today my high might mage had an option to lift a guy with his bare hands threatening to crush his skull.

That said, it’s probably for the best. While I prefer strenght/resolve conceptually, classes weren’t designed for that system from ground up.

Tell yourself that your Mage "Channels Powerful Magic, [Hint : Citzal or Llengrath], in his Bare Hands to Lift a guy, threatening to Crush his skull with his Spiritual Might".

& you're good to go.  :wowey:

EDIT :

Come on man.  Don't resurrect this sodding topic.

:cat:, Am I ? ;)

Edited by DexGames

Nah, we all read it. Just today my high might mage had an option to lift a guy with his bare hands threatening to crush his skull.

That said, it’s probably for the best. While I prefer strenght/resolve conceptually, classes weren’t designed for that system from ground up.

Tell yourself that your Mage "Channels Powerful Magic, [Hint : Citzal or Llengrath], in his Bare Hands to Lift a guy, threatening to Crush his skull with his Spiritual Might".

& you're good to go.  :wowey:

EDIT :

Come on man.  Don't resurrect this sodding topic.

:cat:, Am I ? ;)

Heh.

It's actually reasonable to imagine that Might Wizards can channel their magic to perform feats of strength, either by empowering their muscles or using some kind of telekinetic power.

When I think about it that way, muscle Wizards bother me a lot less.

• Like 2

Heh.

It's actually reasonable to imagine that Might Wizards can channel their magic to perform feats of strength, either by empowering their muscles or using some kind of telekinetic power.

Which is exacly what Citzal & Llengrath's Magic Spells do.

• Citzal : Offensive Might.
  • Llengrath : Defensive Might.

And all of this, is Pure Magic.

[Anyways, I expect a : "What if my Mage doesn't know any Citzal & Llegrath Spells ?" xD]

Edited by DexGames

Heh.

Which is exacly what Citzal & Llengrath's Magic Spells do.

• Citzal : Offensive Might.
  • Llengrath : Defensive Might.

[Anyways, I expect a : "What if my Mage doesn't know any Citzal & Llegrath Spells ?" xD]

But then, there are Wizards who don't max Might, who are the ones who are most likely not to take those spells.

And anyway, a Wizard who doesn't have high Might can still do the spell muscle/telekinesis thing, he's just less adept at it, resulting in less power.

• Like 1

So back to every single character needing a high Might score. Got it.

I play PoTD and never/very rarely max Might scores. Amazingly I still get through all fights.
How is this even possible?

Is this even a question ?

I know, right? PotD is basically baby mode. I don't even spend skill points, every stat is a dump stat, and I wade into battle naked with my only character and play with my eyes closed. It's pretty easy, just using common sense.

I play PoTD and never/very rarely max Might scores. Amazingly I still get through all fights.

I know, right? PotD is basically baby mode. I don't even spend skill points, every stat is a dump stat, and I wade into battle naked with my only character and play with my eyes closed. It's pretty easy, just using common sense.

*ahem*

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Basically yes, but just click the link & see for yourself.

EZPZ  :lol:

Edited by DexGames

*ahem*

I notice this character has a super high Might and a fairly low Resolve though. :)

Seriously impressive stuff, though. 

I guess what will be interesting is seeing that Resolve will now bring to the table. I don't really feel like 3 or 4 points of Deflection is that big of a deal, really.

I notice this character has a super high Might and a fairly low Resolve though. :)

I noticed that too. I also notice how she had to be naked and alone for it to make a huge difference ;)

Glad to see MIG come back and I share the sentiment that it should be handled better in dialog and scripted interactions (though frankly muscle Wizards don’t bother me in the slightest.)

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Glad to see MIG come back and I share the sentiment that it should be handled better in dialog and scripted interactions (though frankly muscle Wizards don’t bother me in the slightest.)

As “strength” checks have been mostly moved to skills (in this case athletics or intimidation) it shouldn’t be an issue anymore anyway.

• Like 6

Since some annoying troll got the actual thread closed, here is Katrina new announcement . off to blizazrd wow.

Looking forward to finally seeing good Overwatch cinematics:-). They haven't been quite what they used to be.

Good for her. Maybe she could sparkle some cooperation? Starcraft Obsidian RPG?

• Like 1

Might is coming back in the next backer beta: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/975553952929296384

Hallelujah! This was the only thing putting the breaks on my personal hype train. All aboard!

• Like 4

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer