Probably because the story won't acknowledge someone barfing their guts out at that junction, and they are mocking up a cut-scene with a particular cadence in mind. So that's indicative that their code isn't generating the results that are expected. Thus a bug. I get it's humorous, but also undesirable for the context.

• Like 2

They have a barfing animation, so maybe a diseased status can trigger that animation and it lasted into a cutscene? That's what I'm gathering.

Or too much drink. One of the updates showed that characters can get drunk and then barf because too much drink.

Though seriously, Josh, you tell us about something funny like that which happened and no video of it? ;) You do know the unspoken and often spoken rule on the internet is "screenshots/videos or it never happened", right?

I wonder if the barfing threshold depends on the characters constitution or if it's always after x number of drinks.

Trying to build a character with the highest uptime already?  =] 

Tonight, a tale of true terror, or The Dragon Trashed, The Dragon Barfed. (by some drunk troubadour probably)

Edited by MaxQuest

I wonder if the barfing threshold depends on the characters constitution or if it's always after x number of drinks.

Trying to build a character with the highest uptime already?  =] 

Tonight, a tale of true terror, or The Dragon Trashed, The Dragon Barfed. (by some drunk troubadour probably)

Ha, no, I'm just wondering how it'd be handled.

Perhaps it could be used to signify a crash from drugs.

That seems more likely since they already have that system in.

Lemme guess, Obs is introducing "potion toxicity"?

There will be alchemy skill, and.. having decaying-over-time toxicity as a gating mechanism could be an interesting approach.

Also we are getting reverse pick-pocketing. Can't wait to see what shenanigans will become possible.

BN: Did we talk about reverse pickpocket yet?

JS: Get ready.

BN: We are going to do some reverse pickpocketing, so if you want to plant explosives on people and blow them up...You'll be able to do that.

Reverse pick-pocketing alcohol, to get past a guard will be the first step.

Edited by MaxQuest

It seems unlikely to me that they would create an entirely new animation on the off chance someone's NPC's get wasted in-game. It has to be something that players will encounter regularly. Are there going to be Healing potions in PoE2? Sounds like something they would come up with the prevent "healing abuse". :lol:

• Like 1

Tumblr News on Grimoires, Druids & Priests Spells :

(Asked in German, so I did what I could)

Question :

Is it in Pillars II, since priests and druids can no longer learn all the Spells, give grimoires (or something similar) for these classes? And can Grimoires be used to avoid subclass restrictions?

Answer :

Hello, we have not yet decided. There are a few possibilities :

1. When they reach a new power level (I do not know the words in German), priests and druids will take one or two more Spells. The player can select the Spells.
  2. The priests take specific Spells that come from their gods. AND Druids take a few Spells that the player can choose.
Grimoires can not be used to bypass subclass restrictions.
  • Like 1

Tumblr News on Grimoires, Druids & Priests Spells :

(Asked in German, so I did what I could)

Question :

Is it in Pillars II, since priests and druids can no longer learn all the Spells, give grimoires (or something similar) for these classes? And can Grimoires be used to avoid subclass restrictions?

Answer :

Hello, we have not yet decided. There are a few possibilities :

1. When they reach a new power level (I do not know the words in German), priests and druids will take one or two more Spells. The player can select the Spells.
  2. The priests take specific Spells that come from their gods. AND Druids take a few Spells that the player can choose.
Grimoires can not be used to bypass subclass restrictions.

I was wondering about this. I think it would be good to let them pick extra spells to balance wizards vs other casters.

It seems unlikely to me that they would create an entirely new animation on the off chance someone's NPC's get wasted in-game. It has to be something that players will encounter regularly. Are there going to be Healing potions in PoE2? Sounds like something they would come up with the prevent "healing abuse". :lol:

The barfing animation was created for drunk NPC animations. It was shown in one of the update along dancing...

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I was wondering about this. I think it would be good to let them pick extra spells to balance wizards vs other casters.

Here's an idea for Priests: have them automatically learn a small core of diety specific spells each power level, and also allow them to choose a few on top of that. This makes up for not having Grimoires, and makes sense from an RP perspective too (I think).

• Like 5

Here's an idea for Priests: have them automatically learn a small core of diety specific spells each power level, and also allow them to choose a few on top of that. This makes up for not having Grimoires, and makes sense from an RP perspective too (I think).

I think they have options to cut down the total number of spells from POE1 a caster can have so they are not to OP with the new per encounter mechanics but still have some versatility. I mean right now you get 20 abilities/talents/spells total and in theory i actually like treating casters like other classes to even out the classes, but it also nice to have some versatility and since wizards already can break that limit that, it would be nice to allow the other casters something similar. Maybe when you guys beat the beta to death a nice compromise can be reached. It is hard to say without playing what the sweet spot is for total number of spells a caster should have in the new system.

Edited by draego
  • Like 1

The barfing animation was created for drunk NPC animations. It was shown in one of the update along dancing...

Huh, alrighty then. I guess drinking and dancing will be a big enough part of the game to justify entirely new animations. Have they created one to show an NPC funneling a beer? :p

• Like 1

Huh, alrighty then. I guess drinking and dancing will be a big enough part of the game to justify entirely new animations. Have they created one to show an NPC funneling a beer? :p

Ogre have one....it's a combat ability. lol

• Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

This is a good idea, especially since I can't ever see skipping heal on a priest unless I'm respeccing the lower heals away.  That would mean I would lose out on a heck of a lot of priest spells, because I would basically only be able to do heal and some buffs/ status cures.

The red-haired dude is obviously Arch Enemy’s lead guitarist Michael Amott.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus