RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Funny, I just recently started to replay Gothic 2 with addon. Back in the days it was THE game for us. Nothing else could top it (well, except for Fallout for me). When replaying it now, though, I cam to notice that especially G2 with the addon relies way, way too much on grinding down every enemy in the gameworld. You really *need* to level up and for that to happen it's not enough to just do quests. You'll have to hunt down every critter in every chapter to get as much xp as possible and that can get quite annoying and tedious at times.

Well at that time games actually required a lot of 'completionist' approach, it extended play time and actually make 'trash' mobs important

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

it extended play time and actually make 'trash' mobs important

The word you're looking for is 'Irritating', not 'Important' :-P

Which is incidentally why I never finished any of the Gothic games. That and controls.

• Like 1

New video from System Shock reboot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcFU6kXeZ4

They moved to Unreal 4 engine and made a ton more changes to the original than the demo for their KS campaign seemed to suggest. They also go with ... Entirely different color scheme now apparently? And SHODAN sounds ... Weird?

Regardless, I still have my original SS so I'm not too worried about the changes, worst comes to worst we'll 'just' get another System Shock game. But it's not really what I expected.

Gothic games were fun but much like majority (if not all) of 'open world games' eventually it simply got boring and  the lack of motivation was highlighted. Also, lol, at p[raising Gothic series' story. That was never a strong suit.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

New video from System Shock reboot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcFU6kXeZ4

They moved to Unreal 4 engine and made a ton more changes to the original than the demo for their KS campaign seemed to suggest. They also go with ... Entirely different color scheme now apparently? And SHODAN sounds ... Weird?

Regardless, I still have my original SS so I'm not too worried about the changes, worst comes to worst we'll 'just' get another System Shock game. But it's not really what I expected.

Yeah this looks too barebones ... hopefully they'll show a better look again sometime in the next months.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

love the ragdoll when Link falls, game looks really fun. too bad I'll never give Nintendo any money. have to wait until someone gifts me a Switch with this game on it.  :disguise:

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Funny, I just recently started to replay Gothic 2 with addon. Back in the days it was THE game for us. Nothing else could top it (well, except for Fallout for me). When replaying it now, though, I cam to notice that especially G2 with the addon relies way, way too much on grinding down every enemy in the gameworld. You really *need* to level up and for that to happen it's not enough to just do quests. You'll have to hunt down every critter in every chapter to get as much xp as possible and that can get quite annoying and tedious at times.

Also low level archery was beyond useless.

Keep waiting, in maybe 10 expansions there'll be a proper city simulator

Aye, and still this team of 20 was able to create a better game than Maxis could with their much larger team. 

I'll wait for few more of these DLCs and then start a new city. As stand alone additions there's not just enough meat on these DLCs.

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

What happened? I was the outsider with my dislike towards Gothic. Did I get to some sort of bizzaro universe where just about everybody doesn't like it now?

Oh I adore Gothic 2. But low level archery was beyond useless.

Low level archery was semi useful for kiting, and that's it.

[actually it was useful if you could get into an inaccessible position and snipe as well, that just took ages but for most enemies was zero risk]

What happened? I was the outsider with my dislike towards Gothic. Did I get to some sort of bizzaro universe where just about everybody doesn't like it now?

As people get older their capacity and will to respond to people who are WRONG! diminishes noticeably?

Realistically, you're not going to get as much of a reaction for a game that is 15 years old whether it's negative or positive. You also tend to get more new gen gamers who think that Oblivion and Mass Effect are classic RPGs and can't handle a Gothic at all as time goes on. I've seen plenty of criticism for BG2 as well recently, and 10 years ago it was pretty much gold standard.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

Looks like a DDoS attack.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

This is on their twitter:

"Besides an amplified DDoS also a 'Notice of Infringment' from a representative of bethesda and others. (coincidence? who knows...) "

xD

Infringement on what? The logo? Or maybe it's fake. Fake letters are being sent around all the time. :S

Edited by Majek
  • Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Holy smokes, simultaneous Vita, PS4, and PC release. I didn't see that coming. I'm really liking this recent trend of Japanese developers finally embracing PC.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Mass Effect 2 is free on Origin again

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, that sounds pretty cool

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra