Should the UK leave the EU?

BruceVC

Statement from Trump:

Statement Regarding British Referendum on E.U. Membership

The people of the United Kingdom have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the European Union, and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. A Trump Administration pledges to strengthen our ties with a free and independent Britain, deepening our bonds in commerce, culture and mutual defense. The whole world is more peaceful and stable when our two countries – and our two peoples – are united together, as they will be under a Trump Administration.

Come November, the American people will have the chance to re-declare their independence. Americans will have a chance to vote for trade, immigration and foreign policies that put our citizens first. They will have the chance to reject today’s rule by the global elite, and to embrace real change that delivers a government of, by and for the people. I hope America is watching, it will soon be time to believe in America again.

Well that filled the BS quota for today

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Statement from Trump:

Statement Regarding British Referendum on E.U. Membership

The people of the United Kingdom have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the European Union, and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. A Trump Administration pledges to strengthen our ties with a free and independent Britain, deepening our bonds in commerce, culture and mutual defense. The whole world is more peaceful and stable when our two countries – and our two peoples – are united together, as they will be under a Trump Administration.

Come November, the American people will have the chance to re-declare their independence. Americans will have a chance to vote for trade, immigration and foreign policies that put our citizens first. They will have the chance to reject today’s rule by the global elite, and to embrace real change that delivers a government of, by and for the people. I hope America is watching, it will soon be time to believe in America again.

Well that filled the BS quota for today

I wish Trump would keep quiet and stop pretending his political agenda is the same as why the UK left the EU

You see to Trump the entire world needs someone like him to " fix things " .....the arrogance of the man never ceases to surprise me 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So what's the fallout from this? Is it going to be as bad as the regressives on Twitter say it will be? 

No its not, ignore what people on Twitter say

There are many different negative views on this development  which ones are you referring to?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Probably somewhere in between the Europocalypse and Pax Brittannia.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So what's the fallout from this? Is it going to be as bad as the regressives on Twitter say it will be? 

There are many different negative views on this development  which ones are you referring to?

I'm not properly educated on the matter. I was referring to a lot of reactionary tripe on social media denouncing the patriarchy and such. Haven't seen many examples of how this will be bad for the UK, which is why I ask. 

• Like 1

There are many different negative views on this development which ones are you referring to?

I'm not properly educated on the matter. I was referring to a lot of reactionary tripe on social media denouncing the patriarchy and such. Haven't seen many examples of how this will be bad for the UK, which is why I ask.

Here's a level headed primer: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/brexit-britain-votes-to-leave-european-union/

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

You right about all the tripe on social media but just so I understand when you say  patriarchy what do you mean in context to the BREXIT development ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

David Burge @iowahawkblog

The most terrifying thing about a European breakup: American college students will have to remember the names of the countries they're in.

• Like 4

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

This one petition is interesting:  Make London independent from UK.

The comments on it on Ars Technica UK:

Apparently it's not completely impossible, either: a professor from the LSE told the BBC that Khan is "well within his rights to tell the government London didn't vote for Brexit and that City Hall now viewed the government as dysfunctional," thus triggering a process where London could become an independent city-state.

more than 41,000 votes already...

https://www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-declare-london-independent-from-the-uk-and-apply-to-join-the-eu

That is never going to happen and any suggestion to do so is idiotic  :geek:

Please elaborate on this :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

This one petition is interesting:  Make London independent from UK.

The comments on it on Ars Technica UK:

Apparently it's not completely impossible, either: a professor from the LSE told the BBC that Khan is "well within his rights to tell the government London didn't vote for Brexit and that City Hall now viewed the government as dysfunctional," thus triggering a process where London could become an independent city-state.

more than 41,000 votes already...

https://www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-declare-london-independent-from-the-uk-and-apply-to-join-the-eu

That is never going to happen and any suggestion to do so is idiotic  :geek:

Please elaborate on this :)

London is the capital of the UK

It would be like suggesting that Paris is going to become independent to France

London and the UK are inextricably linked..how would you ever separate  the 2 is not politically or legally possibly  

John Milton 

Again, the quote, which was heard on BBC:

That something is linked, does not mean it could not be separated, if people in charge decide, that it's right thing to do.

For me EU and UK was also linked, and now we see them going separate ways *shrugs*

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

According to pre-referendum statements we'll soon see World War III erupt... *takes popcorn*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Again, the quote, which was heard on BBC:

That something is linked, does not mean it could not be separated, if people in charge decide, that it's right thing to do.

For me EU and UK was also linked, and now we see them going separate ways *shrugs*

But the EU and the UK  are 2 separate entities and politically you can move the two apart..you cant separate  a capital city from a country like the UK. The 2 examples are different 

I dont care what any professor says, there is no legal historical precedent that even remotely is similar to the suggestion that London will become  its own independent city state ....seriously the idea is not possible :)

John Milton 

Short answer: The people, of course - it is after all a democratic institution. Long answer: ~snip~

If this is the case, what is your opinion of the disenfranchised feeling some member citizens have expressed?

The feelings of being disenfranchised are understandable. Even though the officials all come from elected governments, or are elected themselves, the public view is generally that the EU is unable to solve any of the larger issues and it almost always breaks down to bickering, and let's face it, at the moment it can't.

The financial crisis and it's shockwave still preoccupy us with no real end in sight. This is because, unlike in the US, our central bank isn't allowed to fund member states directly. There are hogwash reasons given for this nonsense by "economists" but the reality of the matter is that we're still dealing with this crap because it generates profits for the almost almighty financial sector and because Germany needs a devalued Euro (meaning easier exports for a nation generating tons of profits from them).

It seems impossible for the EU to actually decide anything when it comes to the immigration issues as well. Member states are actively shirking their responsibilities and when in doubt we actually go and pick on Greece because they don't stop everyone after we've actively forced them to dismantle their infrastructure and public sector.

Or in some cases, like CETA an TTIP, both of which were and are negotiated in utter secrecy (without leaks we would have nothing) that contain nice things like supranational courts that supposedly should be able to overrule a sovereign nation's legislature if it is bad for our corporate overlords, well...

I'm not surprised that people are disenfranchised. There are a lot of great things the EU has done, but it simply pales in comparison to the things going on at the moment, for which there never seem to be a solution. They're all seen as being disconnected from the worries of the little man and when you look at it closely that isn't even surprising, becase many of them are. Mix and match this with scandals like the Cash-For-Laws deal while back.

Now that the Brexit seems to be going down there is one little piece of irony in it: Assuming the EU survives this deal (i.e. this doesn't cause a cascade and everything unravles at the seams) finding consensus among the member nations just got a lot easier, seeing how it often was the UK who actively worked against resolutions or demanded even more of a special snowflake status that some populist parties also often cited as one of the reasons why the EU is ineffective and useless.

Huh, who knows, maybe we'll finally get that transaction tax idea going on track without London's crippling lobbying. *shrug*

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Quite a bit talk of another financial crisis recently.

You'd think that people got tired of fear mongering by now.

Once markets understand that Brexit will end with a Norway-type deal EU can easily bounce back.

But that's exactly the problem as this may be it's last chance for any serious reforms.

I am glad the UK voted to leave. And I hope it leaves.

I also hope that the EU wakes up and realizes that this is, in large part, their fault. But I fear that they'll just ignore it, dispatch the UK as soon as possible and carry on. If they do, other countries will follow with leave referendums, and for their sake I hope they do leave. The EU, as it stands, is an outdated undemocratic supranational mess.

Edited by mindswayer
  • Like 1

I hate Unity.

I don't know about the rest of my British brethren but I feel deliciously rebellious and chaotic, one can almost see the attraction of Heresy.

Blood for the Blood God.

Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Tea for the teacup.

Edit: Let the galaxy European Union burn!

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 6

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's funny how TrueNatural say that mostly the uneducated vote to leave the EU... and then you see this:

Damn White People are the cause of this. :lol:

uHvXWH4.jpg

edited: Removed any problems with language.

Yup, seems like the pro-EU party consists of prime examples of good educated humans... :facepalm:

EDIT:

Having said that if there was a chance, I would vote pro-Nexit. And no, I don't vote PVV.

What TN is referring to is indoctrination, not education.

• Like 1

Fairly sure the pro-EU camp did their utmost best at indoctrination ("WORLD WAR III, ECONOMIC DESPAIR!")... yet it failed.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee