RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I have mixed feelings. I see what they are trying to show, but all I also see is people with artifical limbs- and shouldn't that be a good thing or something? After all, they don't show *why* the people have these limbs. So they might as well be victims of bombings or whatever... you get the point. The trailer is failing in delivering "the why", imo.

It sort of requires you to be familiar with the original, more specifically with what happens during the last two hours or so.

It's not an MMO, that's for sure. it's a mix of DayZ and Warface.

I always considered DayZ an MMO-lite, so that doesn't really help :-P I'm just not a fan of multiplayer.

I have mixed feelings. I see what they are trying to show, but all I also see is people with artifical limbs- and shouldn't that be a good thing or something? After all, they don't show *why* the people have these limbs. So they might as well be victims of bombings or whatever... you get the point. The trailer is failing in delivering "the why", imo.

Focus on trailer seems to be in dehumanization of those who have augments, which  I think is them trying to justifying their story line that augmented people are separated from rest of human kind in beginning of the game. And in the game they will then try to give them back their humanity. Although I don't think they actually succeeded that well in their trailer, but that seems to be for me what they tried to achieve. 

"Introducing GOG Connect. Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library."

"Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, GOG Connect gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:
- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While GOG Connect will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC."

https://www.gog.com/news/introducing_gog_connect

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 4

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've got 8 games to redeem on that, but they seem overloaded at the moment.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Man, I like these GOG guys more and more

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Are you stuck in a queue? I had hear Steam API limits transactions per day to 100k.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No, keeps saying "no eligible games found" - even though the list underneath has 6 games I know is in my library, same version and everything.

But again, no biggie - just thought it was a cool feature :)

Fortune favors the bald.

No, keeps saying "no eligible games found" - even though the list underneath has 6 games I know is in my library, same version and everything.

But again, no biggie - just thought it was a cool feature :)

Maybe it already added them? After clicking the next button, they just got moved to my library without much in the way of on-screen feedback. If they're in "unavailable games" with an "owned" tag you should be good.

I have 6 games that are eligible, but it can't find any of them.. oh well...

Not a perfect service it seems.

Ran into the same issue. Turns out you need to have your profile set to public in order for the API to detect your games correctly. Which is ... Well it makes sense I suppose, but it's still weird.

I'll start with the first DLC as soon as I've hit the required level. Shouldn't take that much time anymore. Heard only good about the two DLCs so far.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Anybody heard of Elex? It's supposed to be a semi-open world RPG by Piranha Bytes so it could either be amazing or a complete trainwreck, but it looks very intriguing. Just look at the screenshots and you'll quickly understand why.

Official website

Edit: These are screenshots from the same game:

Berserker-in-Goliet.jpg

Vertical-Exploration.jpg

Old-ruin-in-Edan.jpg

Edited by Fenixp

So, their typical fantasy setting, but this time they're shaking it up with jet packs and a few concrete structures.

Oh yeah, we've got plenty of fantasy RPGs which try to mix things up in their world-building. I mean, it would be a shame if majority of them was 'your generic fantasy 101' or something, right? :-P It highly depends on what they do with it of course, but while this idea is not anything original or innovative at all, there's a lot you can do with it - and I'm still waiting for a game to use such a mix to its full potential.

So, their typical fantasy setting, but this time they're shaking it up with jet packs and a few concrete structures.

Oh yeah, we've got plenty of fantasy RPGs which try to mix things up in their world-building. I mean, it would be a shame if majority of them was 'your generic fantasy 101' or something, right? :-P It highly depends on what they do with it of course, but while this idea is not anything original or innovative at all, there's a lot you can do with it - and I'm still waiting for a game to use such a mix to its full potential.

It just screams generic Elder Scrolls with a sprinkling of generic sci fi, but maybe it'll be good(for you).

It just screams generic Elder Scrolls with a sprinkling of generic sci fi, but maybe it'll be good(for you).

It probably plays like Risen 2 / 3 where bows and crossbows are replaced with guns. To be honest, I don't feel much motivation to try the game. Didn't even touched Risen 3 yet... Kind of a shame. The Gothic games were awesome and even Risen 1 was p.cool in comparison, but all in all it just went downhill.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."