RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22killed+by+a+heart+attack%22+OR+%22killed+by+heart+attack%22+OR+%22killed+by+a+heart-attack%22+OR+%22killed+by+heart-attack%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 - heart attack, killed by: 388k results

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22died+of+a+heart+attack%22+OR+%22died+of+heart+attack%22+OR+%22died+of+a+heart-attack%22+OR+%22died+of+heart-attack%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 - heart attack, died of: 472k results

Note that the quotes on these searches makes sure it only shows exact matches. I expected "died of" to be favored here, which it is. I differ on Keyrock's explanation, here: I think "killed" is generally used for unnatural causes of death, while "died of" is generally used for natural causes. This would explain why "died of" is favored for heart attack.

One could argue a tree falling on you is a "natural" cause.  :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Um, in a different sort of sense/definition of "natural", I guess, sure. :p I think we can agree that what's considered "natural", at least by the vast majority of people in regards to your longevity is going to be limited to things that occur within just your nature, though. Nobody's going to say you "died of natural causes" if you were killed by a tree falling on your head.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Um, in a different sort of sense/definition of "natural", I guess, sure. :p I think we can agree that what's considered "natural" in regards to your longevity by the vast majority of people, though, is going to be limited to things that occur within just your nature. Nobody's going to say you "died of natural causes" if you were killed by a tree falling on your head.

Yeah, I was just making a really bad joke (in poor taste to boot, because that's how I roll).  ;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Um, in a different sort of sense/definition of "natural", I guess, sure. :p I think we can agree that what's considered "natural" in regards to your longevity by the vast majority of people, though, is going to be limited to things that occur within just your nature. Nobody's going to say you "died of natural causes" if you were killed by a tree falling on your head.

Yeah, I was just making a really bad joke (in poor taste to boot, because that's how I roll).  ;)

Yes, I was kind of thinking that as I wrote my post, but it could also possibly be construed as actually being a legitimate argument, which is why I had to refute it because I'm a humorless pedant. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Killed by death is the most common

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

More twisted goodness from Spike Chunsoft.  Vita and 3DS 6/28, PC via Steam sometime later this year.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

More twisted goodness from Spike Chunsoft.  Vita and 3DS 6/28, PC via Steam sometime later this year.

Hmmm, reading this made me remember I never finished 999...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ever wanted to splash a bit of T-Virus on yourself?  Well, if you're in Japan, in about a week's time you'll be able to.

t-Virus-3-18-2016.jpg

Personally, I'm staying as far away as possible from anything manufactured by Umbrella Corp., but that's just me.  :lol:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Pour Homme, Pour Femme, Pour Braaaiiiiiinnnnssss.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Wow, what a perfect way to ruin a otherwise great idea:

Because this was what I had in mind:

Yeah, I know...Dark Sector never turned out to be that cool in the end.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Wow, what a perfect way to ruin a otherwise great idea:

Because this was what I had in mind:

Yeah, I know...Dark Sector never turned out to be that cool in the end.

Yeah, publisher ruined the setting from what I understand. Bummer as the original concept looked way cool but since most of that (unused) lore was recycled for Warframe I doubt we'll ever see Dark Sector as it was originally envisioned.

• Like 1

Evolution Studios shut down

As a result, it has been decided that Evolution Studio will close.

It is regrettable that this decision will lead to compulsory redundancies. We accept that this decision will mean that we risk losing high calibre staff but by focusing on other Studios that already have exciting new projects in development we believe we will be in a stronger position going forward and able to offer the best possible content of the highest quality for our consumers.

Where possible we will try to reallocate people onto other projects. If appropriate opportunities are not possible within the company, we will assist staff in any way we can, including speaking with local employers and with other development companies.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Developer Ryan Green noted in a blog post that since its launch over two months ago, That Dragon, Cancer has only sold an estimated 14k copies, according to SteamSpy. That's not that much for a team of eight across the past three years.

"Our studio has not yet seen a single dollar from sales," said Green. As for the existing revenue, he clarified "We decided to pay off all of our debt as soon as possible."

The developer suggested that the reasons sales were so low was because many folks chose to watch Let's Play videos of the two-hour game rather than purchase it. "We underestimated how many people would be satisfied with only watching the game instead of playing it themselves," Green lamented.

"If you compare the millions of views of the entirety of our game on YouTube to our sales as estimated on SteamSpy, you can hopefully see the disparity," he continued. "We have seen many people post our entire game on YouTube with little to no commentary. We've seen people decompile our game and post our soundtrack on YouTube. We've also seen many, many Let's Players post entire playthroughs of our game, posting links to all of their own social channels and all of their own merchandising and leaving out a link to our site."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-25-that-dragon-cancer-has-not-yet-seen-a-single-dollar-from-sales

:lol:

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Quick quiz!  Which publisher will be the first to sell a physical copy on retail store shelves of an early access game?

I'll give you a minute...

If you guesses Atari you win!

We are through the looking glass, people.  Next step, all games will retail as early access.  The step after that, developers don't even bother finishing the games and early access becomes "full release".  :wowey:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸