RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

"BioWare storytelling is all about making you feel emotions in situations where you thought you might not."

lol

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"BioWare storytelling is all about making you feel emotions in situations where you thought you might not."

Actually that's a fair assessment, I felt very confused and slightly awkward when every male in 10 mile radius keeps hitting on my ugly ass male protagonists. I sure did not expect to feel those emotions at those particular times.

• Like 7

"Actually that's a fair assessment, I felt very confused and slightly awkward when every male in 10 mile radius keeps hitting on my ugly ass male protagonists."

BangkokWare

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Actually that's a fair assessment, I felt very confused and slightly awkward when every male in 10 mile radius keeps hitting on my ugly ass male protagonists. I sure did not expect to feel those emotions at those particular times.

I like making my characters ugly. It's especially hilarious in BioWare games as companions still hit on you as if your a walking sex symbol with an over bite.

• Like 2

Hm, the first "Elusive Target" occurs over the next 48 hours in Hitman.

Apparently it's a one off target, you can only try once during this 48 hour period. They won't show up on the mini-map, or with the use of instinct. Also, no saves while trying it. So if you screw up the mission, it's over and done.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

They play with gamepad and nvidia plays with mouse & keyboard.

Simple truth is, pure shooter games with gamepad are pure crap.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, more importantly, whoever recorded that video sucks badly with a pad. There's skill to playing with one too you know (one that I'm actually having fun learning, I already finished Wolfenstein: TNO on Uber with a pad. That was enjoyable.)

Wow...Polygon is even worse than I am, and I quit playing FPS games years ago because I'm so terrible at them. I can at least headshot enemies that are standing still or running straight at me. Can't hit anything moving laterally, though.

ETA: The weird thing is, I do fine with 3rd person shooters. There's just something about first person that messes with my hand-eye coordination.

Edited by Vaeliorin

I'm almost sorry I gave that video a view...wth was that?

The actual Polygon video is half an hour long. This was merely collection of highlights, but whoever made this highlight video didn't include the best bit. Three seconds long video that makes you question is it even okay to make fun whoever was playing. Like maybe the player is legally blind or something. Who is that bad? Why would you shoot at a medkit? Have you ever even played a game before?

Gaming journalist. They truly are a mystery for the ages.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

That RetroAhoy video was fun, nothing new though. Should re-read Masters of Doom

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To be fair to Polygon, I'm about as bad as they are when trying to play a FPS with a gamepad. For some reason, my brain can't quite grasp using two analogue sticks at once with shooters, and I play pretty similarly to a person who's never played games before.

...Of course, I'm not reviewing such games (and certainly not professionally), and if I was, I'd probably just stick to keyboard and mouse.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

To be fair to Polygon, I'm pretty sure that several of their writers are on record saying they hate video games.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg